World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a rogue (who could have rolled on the item) I saw the bonus armor and immediately though "That's a tank item...". So you certainly aren't a whiner. It does get tiring as Rezz noted... I can't get myself over that edge into heroics (despite qualifying for them in proving ground with a ilvl of ~575), so I'm stuck. This is where having even some small gear upgrades from tradeskills would have been nice. A bunch of 604 gear so you still have to do normal dungeons and I'd be able to fill in other slots from dungeons as I run them.
Hit Ashran and buy a PvP piece or 2, don't even need to equip them just keep them in your bags (PvP pieces are 620).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No now its just random loot for the masses.
I just thought they said that stats would change when you would change specs or something. I could have swore that was one of the selling points of the xpac in that you didn't have to carry around so much gear. No idea, just wondering if that is true or not.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Personal loot was an amazing idea and they just get rid of it? lmao
some of the worst experiences I've had with loot in this game isn't ML ninja looting but having random classes rolling need on shit for their offspec and then selling it. fuckingfun times

But, almost nobody at all I've seen has been for the change from personal loot back to how it was so I can't imagine them keeping it this way?? There's like 6 reddit threads on the front page about it right now and that's all the forums are, lol. If they don't change it back to personal loot then so much for listening to the community.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm just equipping quest gear as I level up and I've lost basically all my crit on my destro lock. I have almost 40% mastery and 5% crit. I'm guessing that will change once I hit 100, but shit sucks right now.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
What do you have to do to be able to buy the pieces? Certain PvP score, currency?
Honor points, I think, from PVP. I still have some honor from when I last played. I wonder if I have enough for any WoD PVP gear.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just thought they said that stats would change when you would change specs or something. I could have swore that was one of the selling points of the xpac in that you didn't have to carry around so much gear. No idea, just wondering if that is true or not.
The gear doesn't literally change, just what applies to you. So in my example, the loot was:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=109965&bonus=522

Str or Agil actually rolls BOTH, just for your class, one is grey at the bottom because it doesn't help you. So I saw it as Agil, Stam, Haste, Bonus Armor (and thought: Druid tank shit, dumb). The hunter saw the same as me and rolled on it. The DK saw it as a Str/Stam/Haste/Armor item and exploded at the hunter for rolling on a STR necklace.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The gear doesn't literally change, just what applies to you. So in my example, the loot was:
Fistbreak Choker

Str or Agil actually rolls BOTH, just for your class, one is grey at the bottom because it doesn't help you. So I saw it as Agil, Stam, Haste, Bonus Armor (and thought: Druid tank shit, dumb). The hunter saw the same as me and rolled on it. The DK saw it as a Str/Stam/Haste/Armor item and exploded at the hunter for rolling on a STR necklace.

edit: need item rollovers!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What I find interesting about the sub numbers is according to MMO-C, its now 10mil players, but only 3.3mil copies of WoD are sold. So 2/3rds of the populationsisn'tplaying the new expansion? And the number is up 2.6mil players since the last subscription report. If most of those are returning players, who bought WoD, then who the fuck was playing the game before?
Keep in mind that a large chunk of WoW subs comes from China and WoD is not available in China yet.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honor points, I think, from PVP. I still have some honor from when I last played. I wonder if I have enough for any WoD PVP gear.
Just need Honor yea, there are 4? areas in Ashran that have events like the extra events in leveling zones (takes 5-10 minutes to complete, just kill xx mobs) they reward 500 honor each and if your faction is actually playing the games (winnable ever 15 minutes) you can get 685 honor per win.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
anyone have a link to an ashran explainer? I sat there yesterday trying to pvp to get fragments (100 for the apexis shard daily) and it took forever. Then I just went and ground it out on mobs instead.

Also I got the book that let me pickpocket fragements from players and just sap+PP constantly. I think I got 45 off of the same guy.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
That is very disappointing about the personal loot change. I was just talking with one of my buddies about how much I enjoyed the personal loot system because no one ninjas loot any more, there is no loot competition, lot less hard feelings in PUGs, etc.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
http://www.wowhead.com/item=109965&bonus=522

Don't think the DK is getting panties in a twist over rolling against STR/AGI item, but the stat Bonus Armor clearly resigns an item to being only for a tank or glad war afaik.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Don't think the DK is getting panties in a twist over rolling against STR/AGI item, but the stat Bonus Armor clearly resigns an item to being only for a tank or glad war afaik.
I don't disagree, but his line in chat was "Fucking hunter rolling on a STR neck. Seriously?" means he didn't know about the stat mechanics. The hunter was a fucking idiot for rolling on a necklace with armor. Though I almost did after I saw the hunter rolled just so I'd have an ilvl upgrade in that slot.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fistbreak Choker

edit: need item rollovers!
Well that makes sense, thanks. They should know people are gonna be dicks or just stupid and roll on shit with wasted stats like bonus armor.

Taho

N00b
I can think of a few reasons for the jump in subs:

1 - 1 year without since any new content which brought back a lot of players that quit during MOP (I'm one of these). This group usually accounts for the usual spike when an expac launches.
2 - Nothing else on the market. Look at the MMORPG landscape and there is not one title that is on the level of WoW (even if we were just talking content alone).
3 - The expansion is actually very good. This can't be understated. Garrisons have brought back the casual player, even those who haven't played in a long time. Even my wife who hasn't played WoW in like 4 years is seriously considering reactivating her account watching me play.
4 - 10 year anniversary. I think people would be surprised how many people resub just for this, specifically vanilla/BC players. I remember when EQ had their 10 year anniversary they enjoyed a decent spike at the time.
The jump in subs is impressive, and I believe it. I am one of those considering coming back. I would say #3 fairly describes me. I haven't played seriously since Wrath (leveled up one toon to 85 in Cata, but didn't raid. Did not buy Mists.) For me the garrison is a draw. It also speaks to the lack of quality MMO's on the market.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I believe the jump too. I know quite a few people who bought it and haven't played in several years. I guess people were ready for some more MMO and WoW seems to still be the best game in town. I don't know if that's sad or impressive. Both?