World of Warcraft: Current Year

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Monk DPS changes are fair enough, I don't have to tiger palm as often means I can save that chi point for my top dmg abilities.

Madsapper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lvl 1 barn iron trap cooldown reduced to 15 seconds, will update with improved iron trap after I switch characters.

Edit: Improved iron trap has 15 second cooldown.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Have the town be larger with every building available and you choose which ones you're allowed to use.
Quick design idea:

Guild hall can grow multiple levels, with number of plots going up with each level (whose price in Guild Resources increase fast). Guild officers pick what goes in each plot (and yes, you can put multiples, if you want to), then each player can pick one building of his choice: this increase the max level of that building plot by 1 (levels still have to be built using GR as well). You can schedule 1 WO per day at any building, but up to its current level at "your" building. You can switch "main" building once a week (or maybe once a day, with increasing currency cost).

WO produce your stuff, plus GR to further improve the guildhall. For "non-producing" buildings, that translate into some kind of dailies: non-patrons have only the one daily for them, patrons of a level 3 building get a choice between 3 different dailies.

Invasions become your weekly full guild raid, you get stuff according to global performance (more ilvl/more items).

Need to figure out how to work out some kind of followers system, because that one is fun, but it's hard not to have that reserved for guild leadership, and hence boring for the rest.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck. Yes. This is awesome.
I totally missed that thank god. I grab a lot of my leathery stuff by the elephants outside the garrison and its really easy to acidentally one shot kill them for me so its nice having a lower cool down if I screw up.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
So this is what Yogg fight looks like when you're playing from work and you have to afk when someone walks into your office.

rrr_img_83462.jpg

rrr_img_83464.jpg

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Are these hotfixes actually live? My ele shaman DPS has not changed a bit and I haven't seen any of these triple multistrikes...

*Edit: Yea, this shit definitely isn't live yet. Maybe at server reset.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So they admit there is a lack of Draenic Dust from Enchanting so their solution is to make it so when you DE blue items instead of getting a Luminous Shard you now get 6-9 Draenic Dust? Since Luminous Shards take 20 Draenic Dust I fail to see how this is anything but making the problem worse.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Opposite. AoE is tons of DPS and single target is middle of the pack.
What? Gladiator was the highest single target DPS spec before the nerf today. It's AoE DPS was good, but not as good as Arms and Fury. If you weren't at the top of meters by a large margin except WW Monks, you weren't doing Glad right.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blood Elves were last on the new model priority list since the Burning Crusade models arn't awful like the Vanilla ones, but not as complicated as the Cataclysm/Pandaria ones. Draenai got done because there are so many in the expansion.
The new BE models are looking really good. The ladies finally get an ass.New Blood Elf models

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What's the best way to gear a dk tank? Was thinking of switching my loot to blood when I hit nagrand and then start tanking dungeons/heroics

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
More patch notes.

Professions

[Still in testing] Crafted gear and weapons received an item level boost. Tooltips for the items will still display the incorrect (older) item level.
Crafted Tier-2 weapons now have an item level of 645 (up from 640).
Crafted Tier-3 weapons now have an item level of 660 (up from 655).
Crafted Tier-3 gear now have an item level of 670 (up from 665).
Enchanting
Rare (blue) quality items now have a greatly increased chance to disenchant into Draenic Dust instead of a Small Luminous Shard. Additionally, characters with the Enchanting profession should receive more Draenic Dust while disenchanting an item.
[Still in testing] Mark of Blackrock now requires 3 Temporal Crystals (down from 15) and 5 Scorcerous Earth (down from 10).
[Still in testing] Mark of Shadowmoon now requires 3 Temporal Crystals (down from 15) and 5 Scorcerous Fire (down from 10).
Also, you can still get luminous shards from blues, no idea on the ratio though.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What? Gladiator was the highest single target DPS spec before the nerf today. It's AoE DPS was good, but not as good as Arms and Fury. If you weren't at the top of meters by a large margin except WW Monks, you weren't doing Glad right.
It's possible I'm not doing it right. But, I'm comparing my dps in ilvl 632 against Ret and Hunter in ilvl 638 with proper stats; my secondary stats are shit and I'm still using the heirloom 1h. We'll see what the real raids look like.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the best way to gear a dk tank? Was thinking of switching my loot to blood when I hit nagrand and then start tanking dungeons/heroics
DPS plate avoiding crit as much as possible, bonus armor on every jewelry/trinket slot (pro-tip: keep your followers below 615 until you get a munificent trinket mission), and for weapon build a bunker/war mill before you do your bronze trial and pray to RNGesus.

Edit: And speaking of mission reward trinkets, what's with the underbudgeted piece of shit you get from turbulent trinket? I know they nerfed trinkets pretty badly (DMF ones taking a massive hit, in particular), but some got hit worse than others, and some weren't even touched at all. The whole thing seems like a half-assed knee-jerk reaction to a problem that didn't even exist in the first place.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm at ilvl 631 and can't find 2 decent tanking trinkets. It's not a big deal for now and I certainly don't want to spend a ton of gold for the crafted one, I definitely prefer to loot stuff or craft it myself.
Any specific dungeon/boss that drops good trinkets with bonus armor?
Crafting stuff: I made myself the 640 chestpiece with leatherworking, on the AH it was going for 74k gold, I was tempted to sell it and decided to wear it. Then 2 dungeons later the heroic warforged chest drops in Grimrail Depot, 636. Ah fuck! I guess I'll have to upgrade it now.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any specific dungeon/boss that drops good trinkets with bonus armor?
Best to worst (DK, others might vary slightly):
Slag Mines, third boss
Skyreach, second boss
Munificent mission trinket
Iron Docks, second boss
Turbulent mission trinket

Really fucking sucks that none drop off a last boss.

axeman_sl

shitlord
The lack of flying doesn't bother me that much, but it's kind of weird that they touted it as a way of bringing the game back to its MMORPG roots and of keeping people together and then in the next breath they introduce garrisons which ensure that people spend most of their time completely alone. I've never been more solitary than I am in WoD, and while I don't care a whole lot, it is strange and rather contradictory.

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Advice on getting Savage bloods?

As a blacksmith, the upgraded weapon needs 30 of them which seems a crazy large number considering they are 3k each on the AH or 1 per 50 primals.