World of Warcraft: Current Year

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was able to do first 2 bosses of Highmaul last night. Kargath was fun and pretty easy. Butcher took some attempts, but when we got it right, he went down with only 1 player death (20 man). Hit a wall at Braken though. Not bad for PUG opening night.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Did anyone try skipping the optional bosses and go straight to twin ogron? How many of those legendary pieces were dropping?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If anyone is interested in heroics, CMs, or even pickup raids just add me. I don't have good blocks of time to set aside for raiding but still want to try it when I can. If we could do it Saturday during the day it would probably work best for raids, but the other stuff any time I'm on I'm down. I'll tank the shit out of whatever.
Will do! I am a disc priest on Stormscale and also leveling up my DK tank. I want to do Heroic achievements and CMs and stuff and have some good DPS to do it with me. We don't have any set times for anything either so we just do what we can. I'll add you today sometime.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did anyone try skipping the optional bosses and go straight to twin ogron? How many of those legendary pieces were dropping?
I got 1 stone from Heroic Kargath, not sure if that was universal or if I just got unlucky.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I think everyone on that step got a stone, i saw at least 7 loot messages for it. I got one myself as well.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am having an extremely hard time getting a competent CM group going because I'm pally heals. This is gettin' gay as fuck
Are folks actively avoiding Paladin heals? Was thinking of popping over to Holy for a bit to try it out, but if it is better to just level my druid up I may have to do that.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At this point I'm assuming Abrogator Stones are 1/Boss/DifficultyLevel/Week, as an "incentive" for competent people to queue for Tourist Mode and carry mouthbreathers so that they can get their 710 rings faster.

xmod2_sl

shitlord
I got 1 stone from Heroic Kargath, not sure if that was universal or if I just got unlucky.
I got 5 stones from right clicking the cluster on normal Kargath with about 12 people in the group.

I have a question about Personal vs Group Loot. We did Kargath normal late last night after servers stabilized, but a few of our core team missed out. We used personal since it's normal. Our plan is to have the people who missed out start the ID so we can go in and re-down Kargath for them. My question is this. Say we have 15 players where 14 of them have already gotten loot from the boss. If we set it to ML/Group Loot, will that one player get 3 drops? I've read it's about 20% increased chance for a piece per player. So 10 = 2 pieces, 15 = 3. Would it only count the people eligible and have the boss with a 0.2 chance to drop anything? Or will it always drop at least one?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Enveloping Mist's healing has been increased by 50%.wut? This is huge for monks.
that was hotfixed last week, they just didn't update the notes until today/yesterday.

Are folks actively avoiding Paladin heals? Was thinking of popping over to Holy for a bit to try it out, but if it is better to just level my druid up I may have to do that.
Holy paladins are great, not sure why people would avoid them

DavivMcD

Peasant
I got 5 stones from right clicking the cluster on normal Kargath with about 12 people in the group.

I have a question about Personal vs Group Loot. We did Kargath normal late last night after servers stabilized, but a few of our core team missed out. We used personal since it's normal. Our plan is to have the people who missed out start the ID so we can go in and re-down Kargath for them. My question is this. Say we have 15 players where 14 of them have already gotten loot from the boss. If we set it to ML/Group Loot, will that one player get 3 drops? I've read it's about 20% increased chance for a piece per player. So 10 = 2 pieces, 15 = 3. Would it only count the people eligible and have the boss with a 0.2 chance to drop anything? Or will it always drop at least one?
I've heard anecdotal evidence that it only counts eligible players, so you won't get 3 drops, but also that you'll get at least 1 drop.

Try it out. If the 1 drop minimum is true, then you'd still be beating the odds with 1 eligible looter.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I fired up the game after having been away for a few years. I completely skipped Mists. I felt like a complete noob again trying to relearn the mechanics. A lot had changed in general and in the Shaman class.

It looks like I'm going to hit 89 without even having left the Jade Forest. Is it advisable to play through the Mists content or just buy WoD and switch once I hit 90?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I fired up the game after having been away for a few years. I completely skipped Mists. I felt like a complete noob again trying to relearn the mechanics. A lot had changed in general and in the Shaman class.

It looks like I'm going to hit 89 without even having left the Jade Forest. Is it advisable to play through the Mists content or just buy WoD and switch once I hit 90?
Buy WOD and switch once you hit 90.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Not ACTIVELY, but to get into timed runs I've been having a lot of trouble even at 640 ilvl. It could just be bad luck on my part, but for a timed run and needing movement it's understandable why they would want any other class. I'd imagine it's only terrible for now and in about a month it won't matter.

That said, I added a few of you. If anyone else wants to add me my battle tag is Xzi#1212
willing to do anything really. I play on US horde as a holy pally

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm only like 625 ilvl because I've been out for several days now, but I don't avoid any healers. I do like some better than others, but I like them all.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm only like 625 ilvl because I've been out for several days now, but I don't avoid any healers. I do like some better than others, but I like them all.
I don't like shaman healers, holy paladins are better than resto druids in my book.

Disc priests and Monks are better than the rest of the list.

Pvp only perspective

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Damnit, I'm basically finished with heroics on my main, so for the past few days I've just been extending my cleared heroic lockout ID's for the inn's daily quests and walking into the empty zone and looting the quest objective. But apparently, that'sbeing fixed. Sigh...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't like shaman healers, holy paladins are better than resto druids in my book.

Disc priests and Monks are better than the rest of the list.

Pvp only perspective
I do like Disc priests the best from a pve standpoint. I just felt like they were able to keep up with me fairly well. Druids are great too.