World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bruman

Golden Squire
Will anyone address the points I made about Motorcycles everywhere and there being no rush of danger or challenge?
The reason noone is addressing it is because it has been that way for years and years. WoW has been mostly no challenge except at the very top end for a very long time. Bikes have been in the game since...WotLK I think?

Also, where there is challenge, always becomes a numbers game. Get better gear, congrats, you beat the challenge (in most cases).

It's like complaining about WoW's cartoony aesthetic here during it's 10 year anniversary.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To be fair I FUCKING hate those motor cycles - I spend the majority of my time at the AH and there's always one asswipe on a bike there... I need to find an addon that specifically reduces bike volume..
If you find one let me know. I hate it as well.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Chugga chugga chugga choo choo mother fucker.

But enough laughing at the weak troll who supposedly paid money and spent time on a game he knew he would hate.

addlemixie

Lord Nagafen Raider
17k is really high for heroics.

When I tank pugs, I'm happy if people are doing 12k, and that is with pulling everything, no cc and letting them aoe to their hearts content.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Bru, once you hit 610 queue heroics immediately. If you know what you're doing with your class you'll be fine. There is no DPS check in any of them and there's no reason to waste any more time in normals.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Thanks man. I thought for sure I must've been missing something. Guess not.

And 17k for heroics? Geez. I need a better class, hah.

Yeah, I'm doing like 8-9k in normals right now, ilevel 610. Except on one boss on the train, which I've only done once, and I was the only one throwing bombs at the adds. My DPS was like 50k. I was also the only one hopping into the cannon. Again, on my first time through, heh.

I'm going to try to get a little more gear before doing silver grounds and queuing for heroics I think (already gotten the bronze weapon and all Nagrand rares / quests).

I'm a shadow priest, and I've always felt our AOE suffers. I can multidot, but shit dies so quick from everyone else I can't really get them all going. Mind Sear always seems weak unless it starts to get like 5-6 or more mobs - and as soon as one or two of those die, my DPS drops hard while I start dotting. Now if it's long living adds, then our DPS is awesome.

The new Clarity of Power playstyle is neat. Hard memory muscle to break though. Doesn't help for AOE packs obviously. Usually I try to dot them when it's 2 or 3 mobs, firing MB whenever I can, then when it's down to 1 or 2, do the single target CoP route and skip dots.
Part of dps is knowing when to move, when you can do without etc. Learning the fights is key to raising your deeps. As you get more comfortable with them you'll go up. First time I stepped foot in any dungeon was Heroic Skyreach. I was doing 5k on boss fights cause I was trying too hard to avoid stuff. Now I'm comfortable avoiding it. I also had just changed to a new spec (destro).

There are also little gotchas that can raise your dps. For instance, on Butcher when I'm staying out with the ranged, I only lose 1 GCD from his knockback. I plop down my teleport pad and when I fly into the air I tp back. I'm usually back in position and casting on him before the rest of the raid lands from the KB, helps with uptime on the boss etc. I teleport through Imperator's wave attacks (instead of having to run through the pushback ones like the rest of the dps). I have to build burning embers (which got screwed with the rof nerf), so what I do a lot of times is snipe mobs that are almost dead, as shadowburn costs 1 ember but gives 2 back if the mob dies within 5 seconds. The more embers I have, the more chaos bolts my targets eat. Any boss that has tons of adds I can add quite a bit of dps (since shadowburn can crit pretty hard itself plus generates embers).

On the flip side, I suck at packs of mobs. Yeah they nerfed destro AE, but I need to get better at using havoc for cleaves (need to look into mouseover macros) and my large pack AE sucks too.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, my single target DPS is usually above average(when I was destro), but my AE was utterly pathetic. I really sucked at the destro AE rotation / priorities. What's your normal approach to AE when there's 4 or 5 in the pack / and larger?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
At level 100 you start being able to get garrison invasions and will get a weekly garrison campaign quest line in one of the apexis daily areas. Those areas also correspond to the rep grind vendors and the campaigns tends to give you rep of the faction involved. The more you do the daily stuff the more garrison invasions tend to spawn and they are pretty enjoyable to do.

Also you can do the heroic dungeons/raids if you like those and ashran is a very fun PVP zone with a lot of stuff going on for it and pretty good rewards as well. The raid stuff just unlocked last week and the first wing of LFR for it opens tomorrow.

All in all a pretty fair amount of stuff to do and I still have a lot of garrison stuff that I have not finished unlocking yet just due to the time involved in some of it hoping to have my salvage yard to tier three in the next night or so.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I'm kinda lazy, I usually just do single target + rof. Or I'll try to immolate all the mobs > rof > single target. Some packs of mobs have too many hps to AE or stupid mechanics that need to be silenced or killed first, so I toss rof and tunnel vision those adds. I'm trying to get better at using havoc and I definitely notice a difference on 2-3 packs when I do. Once I get rolling, I try to chaos bolt and shadowburn each mob, that way I'm ember neutral, usually sitting at max for boss fights. I kinda feel like a warrior sometimes. Watch my embers tick down like a rage bar waiting on the boss pull. But if i get to start full, fun is had. I think the last time we did auchindoun cm, we got the demon boss to 20 or 30% before he went into the air the first time.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I know you can do a macro of /cast spell + trinket (assuming spell is off gcd), but can you also add a potion to that? And if so, what syntax do you use?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I know you can do a macro of /cast spell + trinket (assuming spell is off gcd), but can you also add a potion to that? And if so, what syntax do you use?
something like this (for rets):

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Holy Avenger
/use trinket1
/use trinket2
/use Potion of X

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I really don't think there are a whole ton of trash packs that are meant for AE this time around. If you have a group where the DPS is all pulling like 18k+ you can just faceroll it all but prior to that focusing/interrupting certain mobs is more important. You can tell it took a long time for people to grasp this too with the start of heroics having people just mash AE with anything more than single pulls.

sebur

Bronze Squire
17k is really high for heroics.

When I tank pugs, I'm happy if people are doing 12k, and that is with pulling everything, no cc and letting them aoe to their hearts content.
Wait what? If I am reading this right you are happy with 12k aoe dps? AoE is easily 20k+ although I must say I enjoy the huge spikes in dps more than I do the constants. I had a war doing 8k the other day....8k....the tank was out dpsing him. I am not even sure how the fuck that happens. That being said, as others have mentioned, knowing the fights and interrupting as well as generally not being retarded is much better most of the time. I routinely kick hunters for pulling extra stuff with barrage It doesn't matter how good their dps is, because fuck them, I can make up their dps difference if we end up with a lower dps as long as they aren't like the warrior I mentioned.

Also, 17k is not high, should easy be 12k+ if not in the 15k range constantly, for most viable classes anyway. I haven't heard good things about spriests.