World of Warcraft: Current Year

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think garrisons is the first really cool thing they have added in years. They should really have gone with one garrison per server and faction with benefits from each extra character of appropriate level you have though. It starts getting tedious pretty fast when you get a few level 100s. However, outside of garrisons there's very little to do except for raids. Personally I can't really stand raids any more, so I'm pretty much done with a character after a few of weeks just from doing one heroic per day. Challenge modes are not really a solution since they scale down your gear and are relatively pointless except as a means to gear up for raids. Maybe a better solution would have been to add a couple of more difficulty levels to 5 mans that you actually had to gear up for? That could add a couple of months for non-raiders.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think if the garrison was server/account bound that would have worked a bit better but otherwise I have enjoyed garrisons way more than I expected to. The downside I think is eventually when I have 3 or 4 alts rolling my OCD nature may make it somewhat aggravating. I think in a future patch there probably is going to be something done to help the alt garrison work load in some way.

Garrisons still beat the pants off the farm from pandaria for me though.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm not very happy with the multi-garrison nonsense to be honest, the market is flooded down to cost or below for most trades. Gold is nearly meaningless now.

The only thing worse than multi-garrisons is the sheer amount of welfare epics getting handed out.

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
I need a faction at exalted for my tradepost upgrade. I just have like 0 motivation for it though. I'm about 3000 into revered on frost wolf. Would it be faster to grind that to exalted or faster to grind steamwheedle from friendly?
The fastest way, if you are horde, is to go to ashran and do events / fragments (turn them in for NOT captain whistles) for 4 hours. You will be exalted fast. Plus you'll get more than enough conquest if you haven't already for at least 1-2 pieces of 660

khorum

Murder Apologist
I think garrisons is the first really cool thing they have added in years. They should really have gone with one garrison per server and faction with benefits from each extra character of appropriate level you have though. It starts getting tedious pretty fast when you get a few level 100s. However, outside of garrisons there's very little to do except for raids. Personally I can't really stand raids any more, so I'm pretty much done with a character after a few of weeks just from doing one heroic per day. Challenge modes are not really a solution since they scale down your gear and are relatively pointless except as a means to gear up for raids. Maybe a better solution would have been to add a couple of more difficulty levels to 5 mans that you actually had to gear up for? That could add a couple of months for non-raiders.
I would give up flying forever if blizzard gave us an airship garrison that we could order to set sail for any given fp on draenor. It could just be a reskin of the garrison with some decks/crewmen as the 'buildings' that you upgrade or quest for etc.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Dungeons aren't terrible experience for leveling but you'll probably want to do some questing for efficiency. 75 I think is ZulDrak.
Icy Veins say that too, but as far as I can tell it's hard to be more wrong about something. It takes less time to get a level in a dungeon than it does to travel to the next quest hub, let alone actually do the quests. The only reason I can see to not do it <90 is you are sick of it, or are a dps and need something to do while queued. Seriously, I started queueing and then running an alt mage toward a levelling area at level 20, and I hit 54 this morning without actually reaching any of them before they were outlevelled.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Pretty much. I started WoD with 10k...have 125k now.

Also got 685 gloves from my mythic highmaul mission...you know, the BoE ones that only drop off of mythic butcher.
Bleh... I don't think it was a good idea at all to put 650+ epics on garrison missions. Really de-values the whole raid experience immensely.

Reading that makes me want to login that much less.

Era of the food stamp raider.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Bleh... I don't think it was a good idea at all to put 650+ epics on garrison missions. Really de-values the whole raid experience immensely.

Food stamp raiders.
I thought that you only got mission rewards equal to the highest level of raid you've participated in?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
But you still need to an active raider to get better than 'normal'. You can't get 670 mission rewards without having at least 15 raid kills at 655(normal)

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
15 normal kills unlocks heroic cache.

15 heroic kills unlocks mythic cache.

I've been properly shit on by my missions. Normal tank cloak, heroic neck which I had, and a mythic belt which you can farm in a pug.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I forget the actual number but apparently the #1 Chinese guild that killed mythic Imp were wearing like 1/4 of their items as BRF gear because they would just hop around servers buying it up off the BMAH

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Buy a skull of war and whatever 665 boe is for your class from the AH and call it a day.

Trinket problem solved.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Era of the food stamp raider.
Can't get weapons, HM gear is intentionally itemized like shit for most specs, there's still no confirmation that BRF missions will even be a thing at all, etc. This is the training wheels raid tier we're on.

RE: trinkets, Skull of War is bad for hunters, even if you blow an absurd amount of gold taking it to 670. Lucky Double-Sided Coin is still close to BiS#2 though, despite the recent devaluation of crit as SV jumped to top spec. At least LDSC is on-use instead of a proc. SoD is so far ahead that you really just have to get it.

Another reason to not spend a silly amount of gold on a trinket is because the good one in BRF is +agi with a on-use multistrike effect. That combined with a heroic (or mythic, if your garrison is kind to you) SoD will easily be BiS for the next raid tier.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Man, I'm blowing through gold at a mighty rate. I'm not even sure how to earn it. I've been camping some markets on BDF (and that guy is doing "ok" for gold), but on Hyjal I'm getting fucked every time I try to buy/sell.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Attempted Imperator for the first time this morning, realized raid wouldn't be able to do him, went back later and got the kill. 5 pulls total. It's nice coming in a few weeks after y'all cut your teeth on him haha.