World of Warcraft: Current Year

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It takes like, what, a week to level a 90 up to 100 epic once you already have an A-team? Just recruit your squad from the inn bench the extras.

Rime

<Donor>
It takes like, what, a week to level a 90 up to 100 epic once you already have an A-team? Just recruit your squad from the inn bench the extras.
That is assuming your recruit does not go full-retard upon upgrading from one quality tier to the next.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
PSA: Master Plan now shows you if you have an answer to the Highmaul Raid missions. It'll show your optimal group comp and if they have all the counters they need.
Last Highmaul raid mission (Jan 1st! New year start!), I had all 6 counters, 1 racial bonus, Blook's bonus, plus 1 High Stamina. At the moment, I'm finishing my lineup (half my staff is 645), then I'll push them all to 655. To be sure.

(got lucky with my only two followers with Massive Strike counters; one has its second counter that's useful for one raid, the other has a counter that's useful for the other. They're both 646 ilvl atm)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yea, and once you all have maxed epics except the one, Master Plan will happily put the fastest XP gain for that one up top.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah since the second-to-latest update Master Plan seems keen on putting in your low levels for carries on high level missions

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
So, last night, a guild run of 17 brought in two tanks and a dps for Mythic Twins. I was one of the tanks (660 ilvl). I was assigned to Phemos and got absolutely fucked up by WW/Blaze positioning for the first few pulls. Then the RL politely fired me and swapped the other tank in. Pretty much same issue, although we had been sharing notes and he did slightly better.

Anyone with any experience able to confirm that dodging blaze + moving Phemos is actually kinda tough? I felt like a huge scrub; first time in WoW being fired from a role. That being said, I kinda suspect the mechanics for that fight need more than 3-5 pulls for practice?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
lol, I remember the days of 80+ attempts on harder bosses before things started looking almost survivable. Sounds like impatience, 3-5 attempts is not usually solid kill material. I will say tanking the really 'iffy' stuff with positioning, sometimes you have to pre-move and not rely on your reaction times alone to make it work.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So, last night, a guild run of 17 brought in two tanks and a dps for Mythic Twins. I was one of the tanks (660 ilvl). I was assigned to Phemos and got absolutely fucked up by WW/Blaze positioning for the first few pulls. Then the RL politely fired me and swapped the other tank in. Pretty much same issue, although we had been sharing notes and he did slightly better.

Anyone with any experience able to confirm that dodging blaze + moving Phemos is actually kinda tough? I felt like a huge scrub; first time in WoW being fired from a role. That being said, I kinda suspect the mechanics for that fight need more than 3-5 pulls for practice?
I know there are a few videos floating around about how to predict quake's fire pattern. It seems random to me but people claim to have figured it out.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I gotta check those out. Quake is definitely where my DPS gets fucked on Twins.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
A guild run that outsources main tank duties? Perhaps things are different, but I've always considered tanks to be the defacto leaders since so much hinges on their positioning / gameplay.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You definitely have to pre-move for whirlwind when Phemos is getting close to 33 energy. Give yourself about 7-8 seconds due to the size of his hitbox, the size of the AE, and the suck-in effect that WW gains on Mythic. Make sure to run through to his other side once he's safely away from the rest of the raid so that you can quickly get them stacked again when WW ends.

Don't see why Blaze wouldn't continue to be everyone's personal responsibility on Mythic.

As for how Blaze moves, think of it as a bunch of circles each with a line (of fire) drawn across the diameter. The circles move in a random(?) direction away from where the weapons land. It's difficult to explain, so here's a gif:
m2njpq.gif

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
RL assigned the tanks the job of calling out abilities -- this was new to me, so he got impatient with me "fucking up" by missing some calls. I was feeling pretty overwhelmed with fire dodging + WW positioning. Blaze feels much more unforgiving on Mythic (as it should be). Overall, I wasn't the one holding the raid back, though... I was just wondering if there was some latent expectation that the Phemos tank be perfect within a few pulls. Sounds like y'all are saying that is not the case and maybe the RL just figured to switch the tanks to see if I was just a bad. I dunno.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It definitely looks like the flames move faster on mythic.
I'm not sure about speed, but it does a 120k damage DOT for every stack which is fucking brutal. The Phemos tank is already getting WWed, now hes burning alive, and WW + fire really makes it tough for the healers to get over to save him.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If I was a raid leader I would try to put a DK on Phemos. Anti-Magic Shell is up for every Quake, and it allows the DK 5 seconds of immunity to stacks of Blaze when they need to pay more attention to moving for whirlwind than to what the flames are doing. You don't even need the 100% absorption glyph to be immune to stacks, the regenerative one that allows you to use AMS up to twice as often works too.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I know very little about DK's, but wouldn't their self-healing be pretty nice for dealing with the inevitable stack or two of Blaze as well? A Warrior has a 60 second self-heal but thats about it.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
There's nothing random about Quake, it's the same spiral pattern every time. Safest place to be with the least amount of movement is right behind one of the axes.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Note that the standard whirlwind drag spot the majority of guilds use for heroic mode (right by the entrance) is a very bad spot to use on Mythic, that area will be covered in fire when Phemos starts to whirlwind, and as the tank you will be rooted in place and killed with no ability to dodge it if you try to drag Whirlwind to there.