World of Warcraft: Current Year

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I agree with all of that, my point was we had those things AND heart/runic strike.

Threat used to be more of an issue in this game in Vanilla and a little bit in TBC and WOTLK. As it stands now threat is just LOLWUT. Although, I find almost all the time that I pull aggro from other tanks. I pulled aggro from that shitty paladin tank on Saturday on Brackenspore and almost wiped the raid with a breath.
Oh yeah Heart strike was amazing and runic strike, I played a tiny bit back then my first attempt at WoW. As a tank it feels much better doing only DS because it lets me focus on shielding and keeping myself topped off so healers can conserve mana.

Its just my opinion anyway, especially after playing a healer through heroic imp now. If I get behind healing or if I am not close to 60ish % mana when Butcher rages @30% or Imperators shit show for melee starts at 20% then I go OOM as a healer (it could be because im not a good healer or too new).

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
Hah, the shield nerf to disc is sort of funny. Guess I'm going holy once I get home tonight.
Considering it gets 60-80% of priest casts Blizzard just made every disc priest 10% worse at minimum since they didn't buff any other spells.

Also it's hilarious that they nerfed shadow with this change, which already had horrible survivability.

Sort of irritating spending months to get gear to make you 10-20% better to suddenly be 10% worse.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I hate to even have to ask this, but PVP question:

As someone who has despised PVP since vanilla when I burned out trying to get HWL on my warlock, can I get 1750 conquest between now and Sunday by doing anything that won't make me immediately want to uninstall the game? I don't really get how the caps work now (it says 0/6700 in my currency tab which can't be right?) or what is available for point farming besides arena which I hatehatehate.

I wouldn't even consider it normally, but I'm going to assume RNG will fuck me as usual and I'll be lucky to even get one 670 Butcher axe let alone the two that I need ASAP. I only have 5 seals, 6 if I get a mission.

Considering it gets 60-80% of priest casts Blizzard just made every disc priest 10% worse at minimum since they didn't buff any other spells.

Also it's hilarious that they nerfed shadow with this change, which already had horrible survivability.

Sort of irritating spending months to get gear to make you 10-20% better to suddenly be 10% worse.
And disc still stacks like shit if you get two priests and neither wants to go holy. It's just the standard Blizzard hotfixing though: break the things that benefit people by some nebulous definition of "too much" and think about fixing the shitty stuff at some point down the road. Then distract everyone with a "big" change (haste buff) that really isn't anything special for the vast majority of specs.

Needless

Toe Sucker
PW:S is still going to be insanely good even after a minor 10% nerf. That skill is insanely overtuned

@Vorph join ashran, ask in /1 for an invite to the event raid.. then just follow the herd, you'll get 125 conquest per event, and theres an event every 5-10 minutes or so with downtime after all 4 for about 10 minutes usually.
It's boring as fuck, but you can cap conquest every week in an hour or so with no actual effort or pvp required if you don't want.

I did all 6700 on my druid over 2 days of not really paying attention (watching twitch/playing something else) and following a pack of players.

also, 6700 is an implied 'catch-up mechanic' that blizzard implemented (# of weeks into the season X 1000 + current cap of 1500 + 200 ashran bonus). Once that cap is reached it will go to 1500+200 ashran bonus until you actually get the MMR to increase it in arena.

It's boring, but virtually effortless 660 gear, and if you cap-what should be 7700 this week, you'll get your weapon, and ~2-3 pieces of 660 armor in 1 or 2 days of effort.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I hate to even have to ask this, but PVP question:

As someone who has despised PVP since vanilla when I burned out trying to get HWL on my warlock, can I get 1750 conquest between now and Sunday by doing anything that won't make me immediately want to uninstall the game? I don't really get how the caps work now (it says 0/6700 in my currency tab which can't be right?) or what is available for point farming besides arena which I hatehatehate.

I wouldn't even consider it normally, but I'm going to assume RNG will fuck me as usual and I'll be lucky to even get one 670 Butcher axe let alone the two that I need ASAP. I only have 5 seals, 6 if I get a mission.
I think you just cap points in 2's and then have to get 200ish in Ashran to cap it out? I think you can do it in a few hours or even less

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
So... why doesn't haste work for hunter dots? I know it's been that way for years, but they changed the way haste works with dots in WOD and still left hunters (and rogues)? alone.

The idea was to prevent double dipping on the stat, I know, but it's overboard now. Haste is so far in the shitter that I have items 25 ilevels higher that are trash.
Having to parse pieces of gear is bullshit I agree, bought heroic gloves this last week (to replace my 645 ones) decided to parse before equipping literally +1 dps to SV and -30 to MM. Dafuq. 25 ilvls for that? Luckily I was able to flip the gloves for a profit but that is still so fucking stupid. Now at least it may be an actual upgrade.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's boring, but virtually effortless 660 gear, and if you cap-what should be 7700 this week, you'll get your weapon, and ~2-3 pieces of 660 armor in 1 or 2 days of effort.
That doesn't sound too awful if the Ashran queues aren't so bad anymore. Depending on what I get in heroic HM tonight, offhand axe, chest, gloves, and ring would all be upgrades (and cost 7000).

Needless

Toe Sucker
That doesn't sound too awful if the Ashran queues aren't so bad anymore. Depending on what I get in heroic HM tonight, offhand axe, chest, gloves, and ring would all be upgrades (and cost 7000).
Yeah, i don't really mind the ashran grind because you get absurd amounts of honor which you can use to buy your weekly seals with as well as most classes have really nice tmog sets from past pvp gear. If i get close to hitting 4000 honor cap, i'll go back to warspear, buy a weapon and sell it back before the 2 hour window expires.

It's not too awful of a grind anyway, specially if you have something else to do/watch while running between events.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord

Agreed. At least buff Clarity of Will or something. That nerf fucking sucks.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I must say I'm absolutely delighted by the dk nerfs and buffs.

Frost 2h is now on top and this makes me smile =)

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I just saw mmo-champion's info on the BoA tab thing too. Overall its a nice change but one glaring issue with it that to me, makes the tab a bit pointless:

.Any enchants applied are only applied to that copy of the item and lost upon deleting it.

Since 'chanting up that gear isnt cheap, this just seems counter intuitive. Its smarter to just still let the gear clutter the bank than deleting because of this.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'll have to look into PVP gear because I know some pieces have MS and are probably BIS outside of mythic. Just didn't give a fuck until we started talking Mythic and now I'm playing catch up so I won't be a slackass.

If you use Mr Robot to make a shopping list, plug in updated numbers because when I last used it a couple days ago it was badly out of date.

I paid 40k to help my trinket situation. Still not paying 5k to get 15 more MS on a 655 item, though.

Regarding gladiator stance, assuming the worst case scenario of spamming heroic strike as a rage dump while tanking, you'll be dropping one second off demo shout approximately every one second. This puts demo shout on approximately a 30 second cooldown. Demo shout lasts 8 seconds, so this gives you a 27% uptime on demo shout, or 5.4% mitigation overall. Best case scenario you are using shield block and shield absorb, putting demo at 40-50% uptime. This doesn't factor in the reduced cooldown on many other skills, some of which aren't listed on the tooltip.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I'll have to look into PVP gear because I know some pieces have MS and are probably BIS outside of mythic. Just didn't give a fuck until we started talking Mythic.

Still not paying 5k to get 15 more MS on a 655 item, though.
I got called out for using a +35 gem instead of a +50 gem by someone in a pug and then proceeded to pull 36k on ko'ragh.

Apparently that still makes me bad.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I got called out for using a +35 gem instead of a +50 gem by someone in a pug and then proceeded to pull 36k on ko'ragh.

Apparently that still makes me bad.
Heh, don't get me wrong, I have the enchants in my bag - just waiting for something 670+ to put them on.

I feel for melee and those weapon enchant prices. My rogue gimp will be rocking that cheap bleed enchant for life.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'll have to look into PVP gear because I know some pieces have MS and are probably BIS outside of mythic. Just didn't give a fuck until we started talking Mythic and now I'm playing catch up so I won't be a slackass.

If you use Mr Robot to make a shopping list, plug in updated numbers because when I last used it a couple days ago it was badly out of date.

I paid 40k to help my trinket situation. Still not paying 5k to get 15 more MS on a 655 item, though.
I'm not sure how your gear, or what you do for DPS.. butone of our survival hunterswe run with is mostly pvp geared and he pulls around 29k on average in heroic encounters.
pvp gear seems to be pretty decent for hunters lol

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of BIS is 3/3 multistrike LW items and offset with the pvp gear until BRF?

Bruman

Golden Squire
I just saw mmo-champion's info on the BoA tab thing too. Overall its a nice change but one glaring issue with it that to me, makes the tab a bit pointless:

.Any enchants applied are only applied to that copy of the item and lost upon deleting it.

Since 'chanting up that gear isnt cheap, this just seems counter intuitive. Its smarter to just still let the gear clutter the bank than deleting because of this.
While I get that it's fun to min/max at all levels of the game, there's absolutely zero need to actually enchant heirloom gear, since it's just for leveling. That'll save you the most money, and people decked in heirloom gear are going to absolutely trash leveling dungeons anyways.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Regarding gladiator stance, assuming the worst case scenario of spamming heroic strike as a rage dump while tanking, you'll be dropping one second off demo shout approximately every one second. This puts demo shout on approximately a 30 second cooldown. Demo shout lasts 8 seconds, so this gives you a 27% uptime on demo shout, or 5.4% mitigation overall. Best case scenario you are using shield block and shield absorb, putting demo at 40-50% uptime. This doesn't factor in the reduced cooldown on many other skills, some of which aren't listed on the tooltip.
Wait I'm confused. I assume you're referring to anger management? I'm not sure how that relates to Gladiator.

Wait I'm confused. I assume you're referring to anger management? I'm not sure how that relates to Gladiator.
Yes, I see zero point in picking up gladiator over anger management for a tank. You could swap depending on the fight I suppose, but for highmaul I don't know an encounter I'd do it for.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yes, I see zero point in picking up gladiator over anger management for a tank. You could swap depending on the fight I suppose, but for highmaul I don't know an encounter I'd do it for.
Gotya. So for single target mitigation you prefer AM to maximize Demo uptime and I assume for trash/AOE you prefer Rav? I suppose one key difference is the 5% from Glad is universal but Demo only effects physical?