World of Warcraft: Current Year

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got called out for using a +35 gem instead of a +50 gem by someone in a pug and then proceeded to pull 36k on ko'ragh.

Apparently that still makes me bad.
I'm a broke dick being new to the game and use greens too WGAF.

@PVP if the fucking legs don't drop this week (tonight) I am taking tomorrow off and sitting in Ashran all day. Ive done it already for one piece, it takes literally no time but maybe because I'm a lazy DREAMER or keep thinking Tectus will drop legs I haven't gone back.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I did drop the fancy Multistrike enchant on my heroic fist weapon. I don't see me outright junking that for a little while. Plus I have like a million crystals.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure how your gear, or what you do for DPS.. butone of our survival hunterswe run with is mostly pvp geared and he pulls around 29k on average in heroic encounters.
pvp gear seems to be pretty decent for hunters lol

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of BIS is 3/3 multistrike LW items and offset with the pvp gear until BRF?
Two of our top DPS Huntwerps use PVP gear and pull solid numbers no matter what. I basically have to throw away half my gear to get my dps back to where it should be.

Fuck no reforging.

Gotya. So for single target mitigation you prefer AM to maximize Demo uptime and I assume for trash/AOE you prefer Rav? I suppose one key difference is the 5% from Glad is universal but Demo only effects physical?
I can't remember if it's only physical or not, it used to be definitely. If so, I'd likely pick up glad for a spell damage encounter. I keep anger management for trash as well. Right now I have dragon roar, but usually I'd grab shockwave, which would drop to 10 sec CD and thus 40% of the time they'd be stunned. I fully block the explosion adds on imperator now and they don't live very long so burst from dragon roar seems better. Shockwave for mythic kargath is quite nice.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hunters are pretty awesome but so damn dependent on trinkets. My hunter with 640 trinkets and ilvl 660 went from 22k to 25k yesterday by swapping crit to multistrike. I think in order to break the 30-35k like 670 hunters do I need the butcher and imperator trinket, I fucking took the neck from heroic imp last week over the trinket because I am a fucking moron.

Tenks

Do you rotate in Storm Bolt on single target encounters or is the minor boost to DPS not worth the hassle?

Maybe I need to play around with AM. I honestly have never taken it on my warrior. Then again I've never raid tanked on him either which is where I assume it shines.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Two of our top DPS Huntwerps use PVP gear and pull solid numbers no matter what. I basically have to throw away half my gear to get my dps back to where it should be.

Fuck no reforging.
It's kind of odd.. because our other hunter doesn't use ANY pvp gear and she does the same DPS, despite having quite a bit less MS

Silence_sl

shitlord
It's kind of odd.. because our other hunter doesn't use ANY pvp gear and she does the same DPS, despite having quite a bit less MS
Not really all that odd. My MS is 12% less than theirs, and boosting it where I could gave me 2k DPS...most of my gear is shits though, iLvl means exactly nothing anymore. At least I know where the fix is.

Do you rotate in Storm Bolt on single target encounters or is the minor boost to DPS not worth the hassle?

Maybe I need to play around with AM. I honestly have never taken it on my warrior. Then again I've never raid tanked on him either which is where I assume it shines.
I don't, but that's because I'm lazy. You'd only see benefit on butcher as everything else has at least two mobs. Most warrior tanks do not get anger management. I see ravager on most raiders, particularly mythic-clearing ones. I don't know if they're switching and it ends up that way at the end due to imperator or what. I've always gone for damage reduction over damage done when tanking, though I seem to be the odd one out this expansion.

Tenks

I guess the argument would be if your healers are not struggling to keep you and the raid alive is speccing for reduction actually better than speccing for more DPS. Unless you are taking such little damage a healer can drop out for a DPS it may be better for progression if the tank does 150% more damage while taking 10% more damage as well. Dunno.

I guess the argument would be if your healers are not struggling to keep you and the raid alive is speccing for reduction actually better than speccing for more DPS. Unless you are taking such little damage a healer can drop out for a DPS it may be better for progression if the tank does 150% more damage while taking 10% more damage as well. Dunno.
Basically this.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You should probably be using armor pots. The difference in attack power gain for me (as a prot pal) is over 1k in favor of armor pots.
bitch don't tell the god of tanks how to play his class!
rrr_img_87832.png

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You should probably be using armor pots. The difference in attack power gain for me (as a prot pal) is over 1k in favor of armor pots.
Awesome I will have to try it out the next time a tank derps for agro on me as a pre-pot. I use armor pots as a defensive cooldown as well as DRW for the huge parry boost in lieu of the threat increase I don't even need.

Who you playing with in WoW btw? I haven't seen you around in a long time or Veev for that matter other than his random Hearthstone streams.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I must say I'm absolutely delighted by the dk nerfs and buffs.

Frost 2h is now on top and this makes me smile =)
DW>2H. Barring something undocumented in the changes, they should be practically the same now for single-target, and DW should still crush 2H on AOE whether it's Twins or Tectus.

And that makes *me* smile. Except for the part about having to farm H-Butcher 5-6 times this week for axes, and possibly having to set foot in pvp if/when that fails.

On the bright side, Gruul drops STR 1H in BRF and he's the first boss. We get to enjoy the easy-mode gearing that fist weapon users have right now. We also get much better set bonuses from T17 too.

Nerfing Boil by 33% is still hard gay though.

Yeah, it's 1500 bonus armor vs. only 1000 of a main stat, both things convert to AP on a 1:1 basis (which is then boosted by buffs/passives). Tanks should always use armor pots.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Optimal setup for Hunter is LW Chest (or PvP chest, but crafted is better) Eng/LW Helm, JC Neck I believe (Gun if you can't get heroic bow, think gun is slightly better for SV but not as good as mythic) and trinket is on the list too if you are going to 3/3 it (Mythic Imp trinket is 2nd BiS behind scales obviously). Coin is also still really good for SV since you can time it with your other procs (coin 2nd or 3rd BiS for MM followed by Skull). Crafted is definitely a part of getting the good gear. Most of the other slots are PvP gear (shoulders, chest, bracers, belt, gloves and maybe ring and neck as well). I've been slack on my PvP gear as well, just have the belt but may try and get cracking on that this week before Sunday.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Optimal setup for Hunter is LW Chest (or PvP chest, but crafted is better) Eng/LW Helm, JC Neck I believe (Gun if you can't get heroic bow, think gun is slightly better for SV but not as good as mythic) and trinket is on the list too if you are going to 3/3 it (Mythic Imp trinket is 2nd BiS behind scales obviously). Coin is also still really good for SV since you can time it with your other procs (coin 2nd or 3rd BiS for MM followed by Skull). Crafted is definitely a part of getting the good gear. Most of the other slots are PvP gear (shoulders, chest, bracers, belt, gloves and maybe ring and neck as well). I've been slack on my PvP gear as well, just have the belt but may try and get cracking on that this week before Sunday.
Are you going to be on tonight hooker? We've got new hunter blood that needs a looking at were testing on our heroic run tonight.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hunter trinkets are Heroic/Mythic SoD+Coin, full stop. SoD will carry into BRF (and if you don't get mythic prior to BRF release, you'll want to go back after), Coin gets replaced by the BRF MS trinket. So if you're poor, don't buy a coin now, just try to get heroic Imperator trinket to fill the gap. Or even just use Grandiose Plans if you have to.