World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Time only matters tonight because of the raid at 9. Rest of the week I can do stuff whenever. I'll be hitting 100 on my priest tonight and then doing heroics tomorrow too.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Well, whoever's on by 7 EST at the latest can go today and I'll do it again tomorrow if more people need him. Definitely doing UBRS too, because it turns out that's the one I actually need myself.
Womp womp. Earliest I can usually get on is 9est. Damn kids and the CST timezone.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm thinking of coming back for some casual fucking around, any tips on which class to level to max first, the lvl 90 boost is just for a single character, right ? I have missed whole MoP, is there something worth going back for or I can proceed to Draenor content right away ? Is the pug endgame still about ilvl first and performance second ?

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm thinking of coming back for some casual fucking around, any tips on which class to level to max first, the lvl 90 boost is just for a single character, right ? I have missed whole MoP, is there something worth going back for or I can proceed to Draenor content right away ? Is the pug endgame still about ilvl first and performance second ?
I was in the same boat a few weeks ago - pandaria is a festering hellhole that you want to escape as quickly as possible. I had to take a few alts from 85-90 and some of the panda quests made me want to claw my eyes out ( especially that fucking cinematic play along scout reports stuff, ughhhh ).

As usual, tank queues are 5 seconds, with free bags of loot and extra gold, and dps queues are 30 minutes. I'd level a class that can tank ;p If you don't care much about raiding it doesn't matter a lot which class you choose, you can get a bodyguard follower to complement and they are liberal with use of overpowered gimmicks, like the mech suit in gorgrond.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I was in the same boat a few weeks ago - pandaria is a festering hellhole that you want to escape as quickly as possible.
Thankfully, you don't need to spend much time. Start in Jade Forest, do most of the quest-lines and none of the side quests, you're 88. I then would skip 4 winds straight to Kunlai Summit and do the quests aiming to the Grummle trail for the free bag; if you're lucky you'll get it before ding 90. If you didn't get it then, don't bother and go to WoD.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
With how anonymous the game is anymore you can't really say "My ilvl is low but I'm really good!" because there is no way of knowing that. So yeah there are generally ilvl requirements on most pug raids.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I was in the same boat a few weeks ago - pandaria is a festering hellhole that you want to escape as quickly as possible. I had to take a few alts from 85-90 and some of the panda quests made me want to claw my eyes out ( especially that fucking cinematic play along scout reports stuff, ughhhh ).

As usual, tank queues are 5 seconds, with free bags of loot and extra gold, and dps queues are 30 minutes. I'd level a class that can tank ;p If you don't care much about raiding it doesn't matter a lot which class you choose, you can get a bodyguard follower to complement and they are liberal with use of overpowered gimmicks, like the mech suit in gorgrond.
Suppose it depends what server as I have been leveling up all my 85's here and there and I refuse to quest so I only run dungeons. It takes me about 1 hour per level only running dungeons and this includes the queue time. I don't think I have ever seen a queue over 15m personally (including 90+).

As far as maxing a char first, you almost can't go wrong at this point as every class has at least 1 viable spec although it may not be to your liking (spriests are meh but disc/holy is good for example). Then again if you don't plan on going decently deep in to raiding (heroic/mythic) it is even more irrelevant at that point.

Tenks

You may want to look into boosting a character that has flexibility in specs. Like warrior, monk, paladin. Probably better than some of the other characters which are strictly DPS specs.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
With how anonymous the game is anymore you can't really say "My ilvl is low but I'm really good!" because there is no way of knowing that. So yeah there are generally ilvl requirements on most pug raids.
I was thinking more LFG tool locks you out of some places if your ilvl is too low.

Is the queue same for tanks and healers ? I'm thinking shaman or druid.

Can a lot of leveling be done in instances or do I end up outleveling the Draenor zones, because then a dps might not be such a bad idea, I actually get to see the content between queue popping.

Thanks for the answers guys.

Tenks

I don't know/think LFG for heroics has an ilvl requirement. You need to get Silver in the Proving Grounds which isn't hard. From what I understand WoD heroics are much easier than previous expansion heroics. Once you clear Nagrand (the highest level zone in WoD) you have enough gear to run heroics. I think LFR is an ilvl 630 requirement. 630 drops off heroics. Flesh it out with a few crafted items and world boss drop and it is pretty easy to get 630 a few days after hitting 100.

For the most part you want to level in WoD zones not by instance queues. Not only do you get good stuff but you need it for Garrison stuff and followers. There really is not a reason not to follow the WoD quest lines for leveling.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
If you guys were told you had to play non hunter range DPS right now what would you decide on? I really enjoy my Ele Shaman. The rotation makes sense to me and there's enough variance you can do through talents and I enjoy having some raid utility (lust, minimal heals, totems, etc). However, I know from our raids just how good mages are right now. Kind of torn on this one. Happy with my pally for melee dps and happy with the priest for healing. Can't settle on ranged deeps.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love my Mage for ranged. I'm fire, which isn't the best right now, but it's what a like, so fuck it. I like ele shammy too, but pushing to 100 a 6th time is daunting for me atm. I actually really like boomkin too, though that toon isn't 100 yet either, and haven't seen all that many while raiding. I think demo locks are really good right now, but demo wasn't for me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I create or look for pug raiders to fill spots in our raid I set the ilvl threshhold really high usually, so if your ilvl isn't high enough my raid won't even show up to you and I won't ever see you because you can't apply.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
You only need 615 for LFR.

On my DK I scrapped the barracks and made a war mill immediately.

Was 615 when I dinged 100 from Nagrand quests and went immediately into LFR. Two weeks later he is sitting at 672.

Tenks

I also tore down my rax and made a mill immediately on my rogue and now also on my monk. Leveling up you don't really need those patrol missions. Getting could-be epic upgraded quest items (~640) is far, far more important.