World of Warcraft: Forever

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,540
14,107
Dumb shower thought question. If prot pallies and ferals are being brought up to warrior tank levels and warrior dps is being brought down to the plebs… with their lack of additional utility, wtf do warriors bring to the table?
Who said warriors are being nerfed?
 

Kaines

Potato Supreme
20,137
57,310
Who said warriors are being nerfed?
In Forever, rage is normalized to no longer being generated based on the amount of damage you do or receive. It is a set amount of rage you generate based on each successful hit or getting hit (with talents in Prot to generate rage based on blocks, dodges and parries). Warriors are freaking out now that they have to manage their class resource like EVERY OTHER class in the game has to do.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,896
131,956
They will need to tune rage generation some. Protection generates a ton more rage than Fury or Arms at the same level, for example.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,540
14,107
In Forever, rage is normalized to no longer being generated based on the amount of damage you do or receive. It is a set amount of rage you generate based on each successful hit or getting hit (with talents in Prot to generate rage based on blocks, dodges and parries). Warriors are freaking out now that they have to manage their class resource like EVERY OTHER class in the game has to do.
Doesn't seem like the end of the world. There is a talent to increase the rage pool and there is a talent to generate 1 rage every 3 seconds on top of doing damage. Two different talents that add +hit (one main hand and one off hand). Talent that gives you a 60% chance to add more rage on a hit.

OK, so they aren't busted now. But, I doubt they struggle to do DPS.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
20,137
57,310
They will need to tune rage generation some. Protection generates a ton more rage than Fury or Arms at the same level, for example.
We're level 20 and they haven't even gotten to the point in the Arms/Fury trees that really add to their rage generation. If Blizzard does much of ANYTHING based on level 20 dps, they really are brain dead.
 
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Droigan

Blackwing Lair Raider
2,868
1,608
1-20 alliance is so much smoother and better than 1-20 horde, so far. Human or dwarf, better quests, waaaay more money.

As Orc it took hours longer to get just to lvl 12 and zero money, compared to nearly a gold as alliance.

I can’t possibly Be doing Orc wrong after all these years?
I started a hunter sky elf whatever they are called. Way more streamlined than anyone else I think. Quests are very closed around the same area, completing all quests got me to 14 without any grinding. Many human mobs with drops of linen and the likes. Filled bags constantly with decent junk sales. AH and bank in the main quest hub area at level 5-6. No large runs for simple turn in quests. Left at 14 with max gear for my hunter crafted leather, bow and 2h from AH (hunters start with 2h which is way better than the night elf dagger). Quests kept giving upgrades for weapons, but still bought some greens and had nearly 2g when leaving having bought all skills and recepies i could find for fishing, cooking, leatherworking and class.

For comparison I started a new night elf hunter on the pvp realm and at 10 I have not bought anything except skills. Barely afford some leatherwork, dont have fishing as I didnt’t have a silver. Ran to AH to buy two 6 slot bags. On sky elf I bought 3 8 slots.

It evens out eventually, but for a start I think the sky elf area is way more fine tuned. At 14 you leave, go to Daleran where you get a free port to the portal room in SW and you’re ready for Westfall.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Blackwing Lair Raider
3,362
1,029
Thought about it but between EQL, Valheim 1.0, and surprisingly the number of console games I've preordered, I just don't think I'll have the time. Hope its great though! I have several friends that are cautiously excited!

I'm still really excited that we have some good console games coming out so it's a good problem to have right now. Probably preordered more in the last month than I have in 3 years. (Castlevania, FF:Resonance, Megaman, and of course Ocarina of Time.... great time to be a gamer!)
 

Runnen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2,478
6,045
Bro the guy immediately to the right of where the boat drops you off has a SW mage portal right there.

Is it Captain Placeholder again? I remember when they broke boats for months in Vanilla and they had this NPC as a replacement that teleported you to places no longer accessible by boats.

Captain_Placeholder.jpg
 

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,896
131,956
No, In Dalaran the Kirin Tor assholes are hanging around. To the right of that there is a hallway with a SW portal. If you go left it goes outside.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
5,066
7,146
Kind of sucks this is coming out now. It's been a mmo desert for a while. Now we have WoW C+, M&M, Aion2, EQ Frostreaver Luclin, etc. etc. and FFXIV with their combat revamp just around the corner.

Wasn't really looking to go back to WoW, but this new stuff definitely has me interested. Going to have to wait until next year though.
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Silver Baronet of the Realm
8,310
7,300
No, In Dalaran the Kirin Tor assholes are hanging around. To the right of that there is a hallway with a SW portal. If you go left it goes outside.
So they added a boat to Southshore and a portal to Dalaran? Finally some ease of travel for alliance in that area.
 

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,540
14,107
Decided: Orc Rogue, leveling in Tirisfall until 12, then normal Barrens + routine.

Important shit worked out today *eye roll*
 
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,896
131,956
Decided: Orc Rogue, leveling in Tirisfall until 12, then normal Barrens + routine.

Important shit worked out today *eye roll*
I've only decided I'm playing Shaman lol. Horde or Alliance PVE... this is annoyingly difficult. Might just roll Alliance as that is what I actually want to play this time. For the relative future anyway.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users