World of Warcraft: Forever

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
9,682
34,014
WOW Forever graphics are truly going next level!


That was amazing, watched the whole thing. Make that, let me play it, and I will shell out $4k or wtf for a bleeding edge graphics card and then I can die as an old, satisfied, grandpa gamer that started out in 1978 at 5 years old playing Asteroids on an Atari 2600.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
8,863
9,526
PVP is full of "I'm gonna own so many noobs, ha-ha" types that end up leveling too slow, getting ganked, then CRYING in the guild for people to help them kill some guy ganking them 15 levels above them for 60 minutes straight instead of just questing elsewhere. That's 90% of PVP server experiences during leveling.

Anyone that claims world PvP is peak WOW enjoyment is lying to themselves with a massive dose of nostalgia mixed with copium.

There's a guy in TBC classic that has been sitting in redridge on a level 60 druid for over a year now just moonfire spamming grey cons for 8 hours a day. Every day, no breaks, for hours and hours and hours. He can't defend himself from other 60s, but it doesn't matter, he just takes a graveyard rez and goes back to grey farming.

For over an entire year. That's who you are signing up to play with on PVP servers. Good fucking luck to all you 45 year old memberberry PVP gods.

Throwing yourself in to the mud pit to wrestle with pigs that are solely reliant on your tax dollars to feed themselves every day.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

I am Big Balls!
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
21,914
91,097
So.. decided to try it yesterday, and it consumed all of today.

Just leveling a boring ass dwarf warrior/blacksmith..... and it was glorious.

I know it's partially because it's hitting me square in the memberberries (I never played Classic), but still. I can already see the wife and I playing this, she's already planning out what race we'll start our duo as, and I'm honestly looking forward to it (leaning towards humans, maybe even the always odd warrior/pally pairing). Then my first alt will probably be a Sky Elf.

Also today I was just running around getting some flight points. Was in Stormwind right at sundown and ran past the docks. The sunset/water/reflection effects are damn well beautiful. The new proper "lighting actually comes from the sun" engine and better shadows, real sunbeam/moonbeams and real water light source reflection are stunning. Running through Elwyn at sundown and the forest was already dusk/dark but the light was still hitting the tops of the trees.... I can only hope this lighting engine hits either in Last Titan. Oh.. and fog that really acts like f'ing fog in terms of lighting dispersion....

Don't know if it's been brought up, but are we going to have a FoH:Forever branch? (Maybe with a guild name FoH Vanilla Retirement Home)
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Silver Baronet of the Realm
8,350
7,347
So.. decided to try it yesterday, and it consumed all of today.

Just leveling a boring ass dwarf warrior/blacksmith..... and it was glorious.

I know it's partially because it's hitting me square in the memberberries (I never played Classic), but still. I can already see the wife and I playing this, she's already planning out what race we'll start our duo as, and I'm honestly looking forward to it (leaning towards humans, maybe even the always odd warrior/pally pairing). Then my first alt will probably be a Sky Elf.

Also today I was just running around getting some flight points. Was in Stormwind right at sundown and ran past the docks. The sunset/water/reflection effects are damn well beautiful. The new proper "lighting actually comes from the sun" engine and better shadows, real sunbeam/moonbeams and real water light source reflection are stunning. Running through Elwyn at sundown and the forest was already dusk/dark but the light was still hitting the tops of the trees.... I can only hope this lighting engine hits either in Last Titan. Oh.. and fog that really acts like f'ing fog in terms of lighting dispersion....

Don't know if it's been brought up, but are we going to have a FoH:Forever branch? (Maybe with a guild name FoH Vanilla Retirement Home)
Bunch of us are going horde
 
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

rolien

Golden Knight of the Realm
362
382
But the changes to questing design in new Quests is lacking, the new quest/chains/areas don't flow they're slapped in there randomly. In Turtle/Ascension it didn't feel that way. The new DGs seem lazy and lacking inspiration for example Hall of Thanes has like the same Table with Candels model used like 100 times in the same DG. I see woke devs shoehorning their LGBT politics into the game in the new quests ect.
Bro... are you legit talking about candles and tables... like Come on let's be real.

You haven't played beta but you're saying things about quests. You're only seeing it from other people playing the game like... no offense but that's fucking retarded all these dumb fucks that often time stream the game have their set leveling routes so they're going to go directly for the most common route they know. Now to be fair I only went to level 15 I wanna keep it fresh for when it actually launches but in that time I've come across a load of new quests and they seem to flow fine.

LGBT Politics? I'd be calling out the faggotry if I seen it everyplace. I did the full Sky elf island, didn't see any faggotry, did all of teldrassil didn't see any faggotry, did most of Elywnn didn't see any faggotry. Where are these faggot quests? And don't misunderstand I don't doubt there will be some, the question is will it be a faggot quest here or there or will it be Dragonflight where it's faggotry everywhere.

Like maybe I'm in the minority here but if a quest NPC that's male has a husband and he's asking for 10 dickbutts I don't give a fuck because most likely the quest won't get read. If it's Dragonflight style where you have to watch 2 gay fucking centaurs get married or you won't get quest completion then I'll be mad, but that hasn't been the case.

The majority of the new quests are in the 30+ range Blizzard has stated due to that being where Questing dropped off.

To your point on it feeling rushed, personally it's hard to say because no one has hard evidence on when they started working on Forever, we can only speculate. I personally believe they had it in the works for a while well before the Turtlewow lawsuit, I think they were actively developing it before the Lawsuit and only started the Lawsuit when they were putting in the final nails. Certain things Feel rushed like Models but that doesn't bother me.

But seriously if you want to debate the new dungeons seeiming uninspired that's perfectly fine but don't use "The candles and table models are normal candle and tables in hall of Thanes. Like... Wow No shit? The same candles and tables that are found in Ironforge are found in a dungeon in ironforge? Wtf type of argument is that.
 
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,993
132,354
So.. decided to try it yesterday, and it consumed all of today.

Just leveling a boring ass dwarf warrior/blacksmith..... and it was glorious.

I know it's partially because it's hitting me square in the memberberries (I never played Classic), but still. I can already see the wife and I playing this, she's already planning out what race we'll start our duo as, and I'm honestly looking forward to it (leaning towards humans, maybe even the always odd warrior/pally pairing). Then my first alt will probably be a Sky Elf.

Also today I was just running around getting some flight points. Was in Stormwind right at sundown and ran past the docks. The sunset/water/reflection effects are damn well beautiful. The new proper "lighting actually comes from the sun" engine and better shadows, real sunbeam/moonbeams and real water light source reflection are stunning. Running through Elwyn at sundown and the forest was already dusk/dark but the light was still hitting the tops of the trees.... I can only hope this lighting engine hits either in Last Titan. Oh.. and fog that really acts like f'ing fog in terms of lighting dispersion....

Don't know if it's been brought up, but are we going to have a FoH:Forever branch? (Maybe with a guild name FoH Vanilla Retirement Home)
PvE Horde is where most of us are ending up. Remember there are not servers as such here.

But seriously if you want to debate the new dungeons seeiming uninspired that's perfectly fine but don't use "The candles and table models are normal candle and tables in hall of Thanes. Like... Wow No shit? The same candles and tables that are found in Ironforge are found in a dungeon in ironforge? Wtf type of argument is that.
Also its the Ragefire Chasm equivalent. It isn't like RFC was ever an interesting dungeon. It just just a winding cave. Much like Wailing Caverns!