World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris

Potato del Grande
I can fix guilds too. Have a bonus drop for the first guild to kill each boss each week, have reset at a fair time each week.

Gives an incentive to join the lone raid guild on a server and to spread out across servers.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No its Vanilla through and through.

I was never much of a PVPer. If you want to go fag up battlegrounds and shit you can still do that.
Literally all those things you posted, you can now do on retail. Thats not vanilla at all other than the content lol.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Bro IDK what to tell you. From the day WOW was released I thought the the hard separation of factions was a mistake. You couldn't even talk to the other faction in game for like 15 fucking years. Let people guild and group with whoever they want to. Sure, make it so they can't go into faction cities for lore reasons. Who cares.

That is one thing I am happy to have removed. It's dumb and divides the player base for no reason. You still have your PVP avenues if that's your thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
No its Vanilla through and through.

I was never much of a PVPer. If you want to go fag up battlegrounds and shit you can still do that.

BGs are going to be like 90% warlocks this go around :p

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Bro IDK what to tell you. From the day WOW was released I thought the the hard separation of factions was a mistake. You couldn't even talk to the other faction in game for like 15 fucking years. Let people guild and group with whoever they want to. Sure, make it so they can't go into faction cities for lore reasons. Who cares.

That is one thing I am happy to have removed. It's dumb and divides the player base for no reason. You still have your PVP avenues if that's your thing.

I wish you could open world PVP your own faction.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

agripa

Molten Core Raider
RDT_20231121_1834242064337246522115581.png

• 10Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 15 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yarp, EQ got it right here, in that world PvP should have been FFA from the start and factions should be a lore NPC thing instead of a hard divide in the community.

In vanilla, I wanted to play a Troll, but the two girls that were coming over from EQ refused to play if we were horde, so I had to reroll after 4 hours of progress. Which was rather annoying, since WalMart broke the release date and put the pallet of games out in the isle at around 9pm the night before.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Yarp, EQ got it right here, in that world PvP should have been FFA from the start and factions should be a lore NPC thing instead of a hard divide in the community.

In vanilla, I wanted to play a Troll, but the two girls that were coming over from EQ refused to play if we were horde, so I had to reroll after 4 hours of progress. Which was rather annoying, since WalMart broke the release date and put the pallet of games out in the isle at around 9pm the night before.

It would make camping nodes more fun (black lotus) lol.

Camping quest mobs would be more fun.

Dispelling world buffs would be out of control lol.

Last edited:

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Archeage had the best open world pvp of any MMO I've played (EVE too, just talking about 3rd person games here though). Purpling against your own faction, the trial system, GvGs, faction vs faction, a 3rd pirate faction hostile to everyone and etc. was great, and the game was built around pvp. I have no desire to play on a pvp server in WoW because the game isn't really built around it and there's no risk vs. reward, just people wasting each others time (which for most of us is more limited now that we're older).

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Same faction pvp , loser has their jump hotkey disabled for four hours.

• 1Mother of God

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Bro IDK what to tell you. From the day WOW was released I thought the the hard separation of factions was a mistake. You couldn't even talk to the other faction in game for like 15 fucking years. Let people guild and group with whoever they want to. Sure, make it so they can't go into faction cities for lore reasons. Who cares

That was one of the dumbest decisions ever, because it made guilds on your faction your main rivals

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That was one of the dumbest decisions ever, because it made guilds on your faction your main rivals
If you read the Dev Diary the dude claims that the primary driver in the faction decision was DAOC. Just as many of the team were hopeless DAOC nerds as much as they were EQ nerds.

The Goblin Neutral faction was because they had already put it together but were afraid of population splitting too much. While it was a good decision for marketing and aesthetic.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
They should tie faction population with the price of gear. if alliance / horde ratio is 10/1, then it's 10x easier to get geared on horde side.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I imagine with level 25 mages having living bomb, instance clearing is going to go a lot quicker.