World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
as someone who wow'd in the past - wotlk was my heaviest but i played other expansions - and is looking to try-hard dad mage dps for this - what do i need to do to be ready for launch with the forum guild on thursday?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
We just need cleavage back in the game

I can tolerate the 5th time in a row a side quest makes sure I fully get that it's a same sex couple, and maybe even the dragons in wheelchairs, but when they try to reign in sexy women / men, THAT is where I draw the line :*(

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
as someone who wow'd in the past - wotlk was my heaviest but i played other expansions - and is looking to try-hard dad mage dps for this - what do i need to do to be ready for launch with the forum guild on thursday?

Falstaff and Szeth are doing horde it seems, rppvp, and my era guild is doing the same thing. so I don't have much of a motive to make a forum guild really since I mostly wanted to hang with old team of people I know tbh.

So someone else should step up and lead or organize if you want it to exist.

• 1Like

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
my bad - i just assumed that's what this thread was about as per olden days. :) if anyone needs a dps hit me up! jeffvader#11558

btw szeth i'm just about finished with rhythym of war - cool name!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will make toons on rppvp (horde) and pve (alliance) and see where most guys end up and what’s most active.

• 2Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe it makes sense for anyone interested in connecting in game, to list their character names here or somewhere convenient. I know my characters aren’t usually my forum handle. For years they’ve been: Morgh, Noxious, and Nox. Going back to EQ.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
The mage when the healer drops and the group start looking at him.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe the foh discord needs a updated section so we can link up easier as a meeting place as well as paying stuff here.

I'm still free to have sobering refer a friend me or the wife so they can get the free pet or whatever. (and the other one of us will in turn refer the other of us)

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Depending on the class weakauras are a must imo. Putting all the important abilities/buffs/debuffs/CD's/resources in a layout where you can see everything in peripheral vision allows you to just focus on the fight instead of the UI.
I loaded this and I can't tell wtf it is or does. Nothing looks any different. The description makes it sound like it gives more information about buffs you have? Mine look exactly the same.

I tried the config screen but it is baffling. Hard to configure something when I don't know what it does. It gave me a site to go to (which takes minutes to load) and I'm now even more confused. What exactly is all this?

Questie seems to be polluting my minimap and slightly changed the quest tracker?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I loaded this and I can't tell wtf it is or does. Nothing looks any different. The description makes it sound like it gives more information about buffs you have? Mine look exactly the same.

I tried the config screen but it is baffling. Hard to configure something when I don't know what it does. It gave me a site to go to (which takes minutes to load) and I'm now even more confused. What exactly is all this?

Questie seems to be polluting my minimap and slightly changed the quest tracker?

WA, last I played, I just copied ones other people made. I forgot the site, probably google it. But it would just have a ton of them for each class, and you just copy/paste and import them via your WA in game.

Edit : Here it is I think Wago. Then choose classic, then you can choose based on class/spec, raids , pvp etc. Click ones you like, click copy import string. Then switch to wow, WA, Import and paste that in.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>

Add-ons (not Questie) are for autistic people and those with assburgers.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Add-ons (not Questie) are for autistic people and those with assburgers.
Questie because I’m too old and tired to research everything or remember what to do. Player Stats add on because that info should have been available day one (crit, hit, spell dmg, etc) and details so I can check threat and not pull aggro.

doesn’t see unreasonable

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Questie because I’m too old and tired to research everything or remember what to do. Player Stats add on because that info should have been available day one (crit, hit, spell dmg, etc) and details so I can check threat and not pull aggro.

doesn’t see unreasonable
I'm talking more about the streamer addons where it looks like they keep hitting the jackpot on a virtual slot machine lol.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I just looked at the map finally :emoji_laughing:

Questie is definitely doing something. The others not so much.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm talking more about the streamer addons where it looks like they keep hitting the jackpot on a virtual slot machine lol.
Oh, right. Yeah there are definitely raiders who have more shit on their screen than actual game

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do time zones even matter anymore? Internet is a lot better than 20 years ago. I get 26-27 ping whether it’s east coast or west coast.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do time zones even matter anymore? Internet is a lot better than 20 years ago. I get 26-27 ping whether it’s east coast or west coast.
Right. Always makes me laugh when people demand timezone servers. I live on the west coast and never have issues with east coast raid times.