World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do time zones even matter anymore? Internet is a lot better than 20 years ago. I get 26-27 ping whether it’s east coast or west coast.
I would agree. Ping is not even an issue anymore.

I think it only matters when it comes to raid times. Since people naturally choose est if they lived on the east side of the country, they then start raids at 5-6pm their time, that is 2-3pm on the west cost, where people are still at work.

If they just didn't label them at all, no one would care. And just figure out your raid times or check the guild info to make sure it matches your available times.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Weak Auras (the addon) is a framework to write/import/export UI elements. It does nothing on its own you have to build or download the scripts which are referred to as Weak Auras or WAs

Wago is a popular site that hosts WAs

Do time zones even matter anymore? Internet is a lot better than 20 years ago. I get 26-27 ping whether it’s east coast or west coast.
The internet is better but the speed of light hasn't changed. Server location really only ever mattered for people connecting over long distances, and in those cases it still matters. The reason why you don't see a huge difference connecting to east coast vs west coast from continental US is because "west coast" and "east coast" servers are really both server farms out in the middle of bumble fuck mid west. West Coast may mean Oklahoma vs east coast may mean Iowa.

Last edited:

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I loaded this and I can't tell wtf it is or does. Nothing looks any different. The description makes it sound like it gives more information about buffs you have? Mine look exactly the same.

I tried the config screen but it is baffling. Hard to configure something when I don't know what it does. It gave me a site to go to (which takes minutes to load) and I'm now even more confused. What exactly is all this?

Questie seems to be polluting my minimap and slightly changed the quest tracker?
Weakauras take some time to setup, but they can do almost anything. Wago is where you can find auras that people have made and uploaded. I made one for my Outlaw Rogue in retail that has all active buff, CD, energy, combo points, etc. in a small area. You can make it look anyway you want really:

63bc8ec71c0ad373d246480e.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm going to be playing Alliance, PvE. Will probably rotate between Paladin, Hunter, and Warlock for phase 1, until I figure out for sure what I want to play.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Right. Always makes me laugh when people demand timezone servers. I live on the west coast and never have issues with east coast raid times.

For some like me, it's more about raid times. Most raids start at around 7-8 server time, and if I pick a pacific server that means the raid wouldn't start until 10 or later for my time zone which works out better for my schedule.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
i always played a mage but considering they have healing now i'm thinking they might not be top dps? i just looked for elitist jerks but they're gone! is there a new website people are using? i don't see anything on icy veins about SoD - SoD is classic WOW right? just new servers?

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wowhead, they have some SoD stuff up and their site is prepped and ready for more as it comes out.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Enjoy not knowing 100% of everything for a little while homeboy.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i always played a mage but considering they have healing now i'm thinking they might not be top dps? i just looked for elitist jerks but they're gone! is there a new website people are using? i don't see anything on icy veins about SoD - SoD is classic WOW right? just new servers?
Too many unknowns still. No one has played and lvl 60 won’t be available for likely 6+ months. No way to tell who will be second dps (warriors will be first).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is the bit I’m most looking forward to honestly. I know it will be extremely brief, but I love exploration and “discovering” (hurrhurr) stuff.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i always played a mage but considering they have healing now i'm thinking they might not be top dps? i just looked for elitist jerks but they're gone!
That website shut down like 10 years ago and was mostly focuses on arena pvp..

Needless

Toe Sucker
mages only started becoming a top dps at AQ40 when they got more crit gear to swap to fire, they should be a lot better at the start with runes but who knows if they'll be good. I think other classes getting buffed will still outclass them.
Warriors will still be far #1 though unless they do a lot of additional rune additions at 40/50/60 lol

That said i still plan on going mage on my first character even if its just for utility/ports in later phases when i lvl a hunter or warlock down the line.

• 1Like

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
you're right, of course, and i do. a big part of the fun for me is the min/max macro math topping the dps meters against all the twitch kids. last question - what is everyone's favorite dps meter add on these days? ddm? skada? i needs to know!

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
you're right, of course, and i do. a big part of the fun for me is the min/max macro math topping the dps meters against all the twitch kids. last question - what is everyone's favorite dps meter add on these days? ddm? skada? i needs to know!

Details!

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker

this is gonna be fuckin GOOFY, it shows paladins with Howling Blast?? lmao
im so excited for some stupid fucking reason

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Barf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I guess I am Ossoi then.

I am not autistic and no add-on will make anyone in this thread as good as me (at wow, not autism).

I am not autistic. But if I was I'd be the best at autism.

I am not autistic

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I admit Ashenvale being 10 feet deep in skeletons is going to be pretty hilarious.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to

this is gonna be fuckin GOOFY, it shows paladins with Howling Blast?? lmao
im so excited for some stupid fucking reason
This is heresy.

They need to add a few abilities and talent changes from TBC, no level increase, no flying, no arena, just add some new content.

Instead we get some random reddit fanfic wet dream bullshit.