World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's the other things i was wondering. I've leveled maybe 20 characters to level 25 over the years, it still only takes an evening if there's no spawn contention, right? Is there an "endgame" grind for these runes? Can you sweat out some exploit kills of higher level content?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
you're also judging this entire system on the first level band thats 25 lmao
like im not gonna jerk off blizzard but its pre-mature to judge the entire system on what is to be an introduction to the entire rune system basically
Ok so what ruined retail? Over emphasis on new systems and ephemeral content to provide progression in borrowed power instead of just, you know, actual content.

Runes is just the retail disease applied straight to vanilla.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like the majority (30+ ppl) are on Wild Growth (PVE) - Alliance.
Then it seems like there's a smaller contingent on Lone Wolf (PVP) - Alliance.

Dunno if Jasker & co stuck it out on Crusader Strike (RPPVP) - Horde, because this is the faggot streamer server and is locked and you can't create characters on this server.

I agree if amod can delete/reset the poll and change the answers so we can "vote" on what server we are all on that would be cool
There are a few of us Horde on Crusader Strike, yes.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Christmas armor!
WoWScrnShot_120323_081451.jpg

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Waylaid supplies are fine I guess but the fact that you can only do one at a time is gay as fuck. Also that you have to return to Ironforge or wherever to complete them on top of that.

Like why.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Ok so what ruined retail? Over emphasis on new systems and ephemeral content to provide progression in borrowed power instead of just, you know, actual content.

Runes is just the retail disease applied straight to vanilla.

There is a ridiculous amount of content in retail wow. More than any other game out there by a metric ton. It might be shitty but let’s not kid ourselves that classic wow’s quests and systems are so amazing.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Im both on the pve server in that fires of heaven guild and on sszeth and fallstaffs server

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For whatever reason the old AH is confusing the fuck out of me. I put a bunch of crafted light shot up for cheaper than anyone else, and it doesn't sell. But in the sell window, like your selling per stack you put up, so say my stack of shot was going for 90copper, some bitch had stacks with maybe cheaper bids but were buyout 1s50c and mine didnt sell.

1701625489241.png

Like right here, 200copper x 1 should be 2 silver, but it's saying the total buyout is only 10 copper, but that doesn't match the screen saying 1 copper vs the tooltip? The other ones I mentions selling for 1s50 were also showing at the top of screen despite my settings of buyout per unit and sorting by the buyout. So someone sorting like I am wouldn't have seen mine despite being cheaper.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Is @Amod able to change and reset existing poles in a post? Might be helpful to have everyone able to choose where they ended up, maybe even with A/H distinction (if there aren't too many servers).
It can be done if there's demand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
you're also judging this entire system on the first level band thats 25 lmao
like im not gonna jerk off blizzard but its pre-mature to judge the entire system on what is to be an introduction to the entire rune system basically
Whilst that's true, they (as developers) have shown us nothing (as consumers) to warrant any optimism it'll get more fun/creative in the future brackets. I think this is about 20% of the way there, and they should have leaned into the Classic/CrazyNewThing significantly more. Hunters were blowing up mobs... Great! I thought that was what this was supposed to be? Bring other classes up, tune hunters down (a bit, not nuke the entire build), make some of the shit broken for a while, etc. Instead, we'll end up at 60 and have a few flavor skills with Warriors destroying dps meters and Rogue/Lock tanks being kicked from groups for not holding aggro. If you're going to do Classic Seasons, bust your nut or don't bother. We already have Classic servers that offer near enough the same experience as SOD ostensibly. I do think/hope they'll take feedback from this first season and tweak it, I just think they aren't thinking "big" enough in a general sense. Give us Classic with baseline QOL changes. Give us Classic with each tier having epic/legendaries that fundamentally change how you play the class during "that season". Then gear up and level to the next season cap and do it all again.

All that being said, still having fun and looking forward to the raid - should hit 25 today and will then roll another class for the lulz.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
some people in here crying that adding tbc/wrath abilities is just making it like retail and its too much, they should tone it down.

others crying that it's barely any difference and the additions are not near enough, they needed to go way bigger.

swear this thread getting worse than blizzard forums.

Shit's awesome, classic world that feels like a world, with new things to discover and tbc/wotlk class design/feel instead of world of warriorquest.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think overall they have done fairly decent, the meme specs are now playable and they didn't fundamentally change the specs that were already good. Sword combat rogue plays exactly the same just with an improved combo builder and more poison procs.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, is there a place in a forum guild on a Pve server for a 40 year old who barely played classic WoW because he played EQ2, never raided in WoW until WoD can only play a few hours here and there(newborn baby,) but has the next 3 months off work for said baby? 🤣

• 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So, is there a place in a forum guild on a Pve server for a 40 year old who barely played classic WoW because he played EQ2, never raided in WoW until WoD can only play a few hours here and there(newborn baby,) but has the next 3 months off work for said baby? 🤣

Hit us up on Wild Growth - Alliance. No expectations, here.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Sure!

I'm about the same. I was doing dungeons this morning and had another healy mage so they wanted me to just do damage. I went and got a damage meter so I could see what works best. That's when I realized I was barely beating the priest that uses a wand now and then :emoji_laughing:

Insert joke about bad eq players here.

I don't know if there's some secret sauce, old lady reflexes, or if it is just runes. The only real damage related rune I have is the frost lance I never use.

I'm going to log in and do some rune hunting for sure. I was averaging about a third of the other mage's damage.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So wtf are people gonna do now? Farm bfd for X months?

Pay them another sub every time they let you have a little more content

If you like this, you will really love Diablo Immortal

• 1Salty

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Sure!

I'm about the same. I was doing dungeons this morning and had another healy mage so they wanted me to just do damage. I went and got a damage meter so I could see what works best. That's when I realized I was barely beating the priest that uses a wand now and then :emoji_laughing:

Insert joke about bad eq players here.

I don't know if there's some secret sauce, old lady reflexes, or if it is just runes. The only real damage related rune I have is the frost lance I never use.

I'm going to log in and do some rune hunting for sure. I was averaging about a third of the other mage's damage.

Gameplay tips for SoD mages:

Chris

Potato del Grande
You guys are absolute faggots.

There's nothing like zoning out of SFK into the middle of a battle and wiping a horde party.

• 1Edgelord