World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rune is in honored. The key is to farm a single area while you already have the mats so you can carry multiple at once. I farmed mine in the north cave in Redridge with the lvl 25 orcs, there's a chest in a cave that always gave the same 3-4 supply boxes (they drop off enemies there too). You can farm 2-3k rep per run if you do it correctly.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would love to try a pally and heal next phase, but just thinking about doing the crate rep for the rune destroys all motivation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
looks like they also adjusted wind serpents and said fuck you guys pick a melee pet class.

got my shaman to 25 and 9/12 runes now back to working on 10/12 for my alliance druid, just finished up the stupid shredders, wish I hadn't taken a break and finished these a week ago before everyone and there mother was out there farming the shredders it took forever to finish.

i'm not focusing the rep ones at all. I imagine next phase there will be another rune locked behind like revered and the higher level loot crates will make that much faster to get to honored

Last edited:

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I haven't created a character yet, but from what I am seeing, rogues look like a lot of fun for WPVP in SOD.

• 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
Friendly now not honored is the rumor.
confirmed, they're also 2g now

1702461935825.png

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hmm runes on vendors? So I guess I found 6 of the mage ones on my own. Are there 6 on a vendor somewhere?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't created a character yet, but from what I am seeing, rogues look like a lot of fun for WPVP in SOD.

Hillsbrad is going to be absolute aids on a PvP server next phase. I think it’ll be worse than STV.

• 1Weird Boner

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Hmm runes on vendors? So I guess I found 6 of the mage ones on my own. Are there 6 on a vendor somewhere?

Every class has 1 rune locked behind the new AH reputation, turn in the waylaid supplies til you can buy from that rep's vendor.
Also every class has 1 rune locked behind doing 3 quests for Grizzby in Ratchet, which requires 24 fish oil, 20 dark iron ordinance, and 16 shredder turbo chargers, after you do these 3 quests you unlock a 4th quest to go back to your capital and then after that, he will sell you a specific rune.

So one is a rep farm, the other is a series of quests to collect a bunch of items. Those items are tradeable so you can buy them from other players on the AH but you can also farm yourself depending on what they are going for on your server

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I got pretty frustrated this past weekend working on my rogue. The experience from just grinding mobs sucks ass and he is struggling to complete quests at his level out in Loch.

I can get a group once in a while if someone is actively doing the exact part of the quest I am on, but as soon as they get their part, they insta-drop group and run out leaving me with a train to deal with most times. I had forgotten just how anti-social the average crowd is in World of Warcraft, and SoD is really bringing that part back to light lol.

I'll keep playing it a little here and there because 25 levels isn't that much to get, but it might not be on the rogue.

Kiki

Log Wizard
If anyone needs help on Wild Growth Alliance just let me know. All I'm really doing is pvping now. I learned to solo WC, I need to try SFK solo again but that run back sucked.

Also, I need to buy gold from someone lol. (I guess i could farm blegh)

Last edited:

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
If anyone needs help on Wild Growth Alliance just let me know. All I'm really doing is pvping now. I learned to solo WC, I need to try SFK solo again but that run back sucked.

Also, I need to buy gold from someone lol. (I guess i could farm blegh)
If you feel the need to help level a 13 dwarf rogue on Wildgrowth, hit me up lol.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got pretty frustrated this past weekend working on my rogue. The experience from just grinding mobs sucks ass and he is struggling to complete quests at his level out in Loch.

I can get a group once in a while if someone is actively doing the exact part of the quest I am on, but as soon as they get their part, they insta-drop group and run out leaving me with a train to deal with most times. I had forgotten just how anti-social the average crowd is in World of Warcraft, and SoD is really bringing that part back to light lol.

I'll keep playing it a little here and there because 25 levels isn't that much to get, but it might not be on the rogue.
On Alliance, you should bounce between Loch Modan ans Westfall. Do quests a level or two below you and move between zones as you go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

Rogue is literally the champ grinder outside of hunter. May want to update your gear/weapons and get your runes right.

Between dungeons I murdered beasts solo for leather and levels from 1-20 way faster than anyone that was fighting for quest mobs at server launch.

By 20 you should be a machine with poisons and runes.

At 25 I can solo up to L29 with almost zero downtime and fight up to L32 mobs.

You won't have it much easier elsewhere and at 25 you won't be killing higher level mobs with minimal effort unless once again you're on a hunter.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
On Alliance, you should bounce between Loch Modan ans Westfall. Do quests a level or two below you and move between zones as you go.
Darkshore is also the best zone for all alliance races and should be done around 14 if youre not a NE as well, the wetlands skip in dun morogh makes it a lot less painful to get to lol

One thing a lot of rogues and hunters don't do and it's not super important now that theres shit loads of stuff on the AH, but the white vendor weapons actually help a shit ton and is the main reason why those two classes struggle because their weapons are way too important not to keep upgraded. (hunters less so, but pre-10 for a pet in their case)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah you should have a lot easier time if you hop around to different zones once your quests start evening out to your level or are higher than you