World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I remember that loot was scarce enough that people generally stuck to their armour class. I didn't want to take a cloth healing item when the leather version could drop off the next boss, so us healers never did it.

Main culprit was DPS Warriors since Plate was Tank itemisation, often it was a bored BiS tank swinging around their giant DKP dicks.

In SoD I'm absolutely looking at Cloth/Leather gear for healing offspec as a Paladin.

I think I did lower ranks as a Priest but not as a Druid.
Generally, DKP was DKP and our Paladin healers let the raid know what they needed from cloth, so, at least the best of them got cloth. We had a few wife/girlfriend carries playing Pal healers, so not sure they were allowed to take cloth.

Our tanks were funneled tank loot, including any 1h sword that they needed, but if they got DPS gear, like the first Asscandy, there would be a riot.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The pro Paladin healers in vanilla used lower rank spells and cloth gear (Druids too, maybe)! That shit must have sucked, glad I wasn't a healer.
The paladin life pre-naxx is a bunch of gay cloth and leather. Turns out all tier sets prior to 3 are dog shit for holy and every plate item is itemized as some weird tri stat item with 10 spell power

Then you get shaman who's t1 is still bis on a couple fights in AQ40 and Naxx, but outside of that they're stuck using tier 2.5 until they get a full 8 set of T3.

Classic healing gear is weird lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
You can avoid having to update your bars if you create a macro button for each ability and icon. It'll auto default to the highest rank every time:

#showtooltip Flash Heal
/cast Flash Heal

Can also add parenthesis if you want a specific rank:

#showtooltip Flash Heal (rank 3)
/cast Flash Heal (rank 3)
Awesome. Didn't know that!

• 1Like

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Szeth Szeth Any chance you'd make an alt on Lone Wolf with us with sifter if you guys ever find spare time beyond the mains? We were talking about you in GC

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Awesome. Didn't know that!

Takes a couple minutes to get your abilities set up, but worth it over finding out you've been using the wrong rank for months.

If you're not familiar with macros and there are abilities or items that don't share a GCD, you can stack them in the macro for power ups.

I usually do that for buffs, CDs, etc that I forget to use very often. For instance, on my mage I'll have /use Combustion to raise my crit % followed by /use Fireblast or /use Scorch depending on the spell I'm stacking.

Always fun to find abilities or items you can stack.

A rogue could stack:

#showtooltip vanish
/use healthstone
/use healing potion
/use vanish

Could prob do the same for blind too or whatever your "Oh shit" button is.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Rogue #2. Double Cruel Barb. Love to see it.

1702683141308.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am still waiting for Jasker Jasker to stop fagging around and go self found hard core wow and get a thunderfury. Unless he can become like Rav he is dead to me.

Sludig

Had a fun WC pug. Hansolotokes or something like that. This retarded warrior was only speaking rarely in 1-2 word sentences without spaces. Such as "Sharequest"

Pretty terrible tank, mostly only had stuff on him when he taunted, never saw Tclap etc. Got the turtle shield I was like cool whatever. Otherwise would have been my alt set to my holy pal. Gets the stupid snake mace imo not great but whatever. But still never spoke etc and at one point did ask about jumps.... well we get to the jumps, he apparently has to rebind jump because he uses it for a skill or something. And immediately re-does it after each jump so we end up waiting for him at every jump. Near the end he takes someones chest of junk he didnt /random for. By now i've shit talk him to a couple people but like most of wow's populace they are care bare soft and just laugh it off.

We are in there w/ a few 25's that are all looking for the caster ring off final. I could use, but still 20 so i'm nice and pass. This warrior needs it. I look closer, he's already wearing green int rings... wtf. Some folks start shit talking to him and he hearths and ignores everyone.

Like have a hard time imagining gold farmer. I think it's just the usual aids in many games. Brazillian gamers, the downs syndrome retards of every online game I've ever seen, I'd rather play w/ a chinaman gold farmer.

• 1Like

Jasker

I would really really like to understand the Brazillian gamer thing. I do /think/ I see some some weird trends with Brazillian folks and I wonder why and where that comes with.

I keep reaching for some 'they dont like americans or have traditionally had bad experiences or language barrier problems' which has resulted in a discomfort or breakdown of trust.

Or maybe some sort of culture thing? Greed?

Absolutely dont stand for racism or territorial superiority but It seems to be a problem?

Jasker

RE: Sludig what you just typed literally a version happened 2 hours ago with me from a 'brazillian' gentleman and brazillian people in WoW seem to have some sort of greed or anti trust thing going on in general. This was massive on Benediction back in the day.

Sludig

Has nothing to do with hate, usually I'm speaking about them being beyond conceivable incompetance. My only theory is that somehow internet and games is so recent to them that inherently most of them are like having your grandparents play. I have no idea otherwise why south americans seem to be utter retards as a group at large. (vs say a smattering of dumbs with any group)

LoL for a while I think had a lot of the playerbase begging to make the BZ's have their own servers.

• 1Solidarity

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
ugh i'm like 15-20 runs in and have had 0 luck on these fucking pants from WC. have seen like 7 belts have DE'd like 3 of them personally. never seen the fucking legs.