World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pre-Mades in BGs should be coded to only go up against other Pre-Mades. Would be fucking easy to implement.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Pre-Mades in BGs should be coded to only go up against other Pre-Mades. Would be fucking easy to implement.

The issue you immediately run in to is premades don't want to play against other premades. It's a poor use of time. They need to fiddle with the system in a couple different ways. At the least I'd like to see a shitter bonus for idiots that get rolled by premades. Sorry for fucking you in the ass, here's a little package and some bonus rep.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
The issue you immediately run in to is premades don't want to play against other premades. It's a poor use of time. They need to fiddle with the system in a couple different ways. At the least I'd like to see a shitter bonus for idiots that get rolled by premades. Sorry for fucking you in the ass, here's a little package and some bonus rep.

I can't even think of a way that a Tenacity type buff would work. Gearscore dependent tenacity can be manipulated and that's about all you can try to do. Maybe if they lock your gear slots minus trinkets and weapons.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Much easier would be to just not let people queue up with more than a group of 5 for any battlegrounds. It's worth trying in SoD, anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Much easier would be to just not let people queue up with more than a group of 5 for any battlegrounds. It's worth trying in SoD, anyway.

Or just let premades face fuck shitters like it has been for the last 20 years. It's not like you guys are gonna quit at this point.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Or just let premades face fuck shitters like it has been for the last 20 years. It's not like you guys are gonna quit at this point.
I just think everyone would have more fun if premades were capped at 5 people. People who want to play as a group would still get to play together. Nobody actually wants to manage a 10, 15, or god-forbid 40 person PvP raid, people just feel like they're forced to do it.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Premades should not be penalized. Randoms should not be rewarded for not having the social ability to make a group. If you don't want them dickstomping randoms, have a higher reward bracket for premade vs premade or something, much like premade raids in modern wow get way better drops than lfr.

Catering to the lowest common denominator (in this case solo queue) is a generally losing strategy.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone tried or even seen a Mage healer?

I played a Disc Priest during Pandaria so I know how powerful a damage/healing combo can be.

Looking at the runes, I feel like the way to go would be to have only one of the Temporal Beacon spells and pick up one of the mana regen spells with lots of spirit.

Options are:
Single Target Heal/Beacon & 300% mana regen for 8 seconds every 2 minutes

Multi Target Heal/Beacon & 10% mana regen while casting under 30% mana

Then 3rd rune is Arcane Blast for bust damage/healing no matter the build.

The multi target option sounds most promising I think, but will the regen be enough?

Guides are saying Single Target with Living Flame for a big damage/heal once a minute but the fact that I don't see them despite the usual healer shortage it tells me that it doesn't work?
I've not played one myself but I've grouped with tons of mage healers and they heal just fine while also doing dps.

There is no healer or even really a tank shortage on wild growth so I can only imagine any shortage you see is a problem on your server.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've not played one myself but I've grouped with tons of mage healers and they heal just fine while also doing dps.

There is no healer or even really a tank shortage on wild growth so I can only imagine any shortage you see is a problem on your server.
It's not desperate like it used to be, it's just that healer slots are filled last.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Premades should not be penalized. Randoms should not be rewarded for not having the social ability to make a group. If you don't want them dickstomping randoms, have a higher reward bracket for premade vs premade or something, much like premade raids in modern wow get way better drops than lfr.

Catering to the lowest common denominator (in this case solo queue) is a generally losing strategy.
Just capping queues at 5 people would solve most of these problems without any kind of complicated solution. Honor ranks are capped by phase, it's not even like there's a big prize to be try-harding for. You can currently cap a char in a single week.

Kiki

Log Wizard
The only reason for loot council at this stage of the game is so the popular crowd can funnel themselves loot.

Yes I am a loot whore. No the pugs just won too many rolls, but it's all good. We did get some okayish stuff.

• 1Like