World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I wish I had friends to play this with me, leveling even a mage to max from scratch just seems like a ton of work on 1 char server.
Especially with the pet taking all your xp. I dunno how I'm going to make it to 30. Groups are either terrible or short or both, and there's never enough stuff to fight.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I can't wait to duo Dire Maul
donald-duck-tapping.gif

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4 phases at 3 months each for a total of a year, made the most logical sense. Even if I think 3 months is a tad long for each phase, especially the lower ones.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Each weather season getting an SoD update seems to imply the 2 - 3 month people were correct on phase lengths.

4 phases at 3 months each for a total of a year, made the most logical sense. Even if I think 3 months is a tad long for each phase, especially the lower ones.

Um am I blind or are you guys not good at math or what's going on?

From the picture all 4 leveling phases (25, 40, 50, 60) will be released by Summer. Now that could mean August but from the way they lay out the releases it appears to me like June/July.
Either way its 4 leveling phases over 8 months, or every 2 months.

that last phase listed as Autumn is lvl 60 raid updates/changes/whatever they got planned for post 60. that's not a leveling phase.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme

From the picture all 4 leveling phases (25, 40, 50, 60) will be released by Summer. Now that could mean August but from the way they lay out the releases it appears to me like June/July.

that last phase listed as Autumn is lvl 60 raid updates/changes/whatever they got planned for post 60. that's not a leveling phase.
Dude, are you sure you're talking about Blizzard?? They think March is part of "winter". You'll be LUCKY to have the level cap raised to 40 by February. And you think we are going to go 50 and 60 by July? C'mon man.

Needless

Toe Sucker
if were stuck at 25 until february im gonna take a tour at blizzard headquarters and shit all over their walls like a crazed ape, early to mid january or else. You fuckers

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really ignored other classes than my initial choices, I know feral is fun/good as fuck, but how did balance or resto shake out?

Rogues look like warriors and really not going to shine that much until at least 40 if not 60 cap.

Any other votes for the standouts in lv 25, because I might as well gear out a 2nd alt and I'm not sure I even want it to be my warrior. (Maybe some input on what we could use more of in our stinky casual guild other than kicks. Does feral even get one>?)

Needless

Toe Sucker
balance is the 2nd worst spec next to frost mages currently. Resto is however probably #2 in healing, but priest is by far the best healer currently.
Rogues top 2 dps atm maybe 3? and will stay there with how they now interact with WF and their poisons. Warriors will absolutely shit stomp them though later on

outlying bad specs: Frost mage, balance druid, shadow priest, ele shaman
outlying good specs: rogue, war, marksman, ret?, fire lock, feral
everything else is pretty average it seems

Chris

Potato del Grande
Dude, are you sure you're talking about Blizzard?? They think March is part of "winter". You'll be LUCKY to have the level cap raised to 40 by February. And you think we are going to go 50 and 60 by July? C'mon man.
Winter is technically 21st December to 21st March usually.

• 2Like
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
balance is the 2nd worst spec next to frost mages currently. Resto is however probably #2 in healing, but priest is by far the best healer currently.
Rogues top 2 dps atm maybe 3? and will stay there with how they now interact with WF and their poisons. Warriors will absolutely shit stomp them though later on

outlying bad specs: Frost mage, balance druid, shadow priest, ele shaman
outlying good specs: rogue, war, marksman, ret?, fire lock, feral
everything else is pretty average it seems
With how much movement some of these raid bosses have I'm certainly not thrilled with Holy not having shock or procs for instant heal etc.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Depends on the dates really. Nov,dec, Jan/feb) for phase 1, ~3 months. Then start feb, march, april for phase 2. May, june, july, phase 3. Phase 4 starts in august. All lines up with that roadmap. And Phase 4 would last what august, sept, oct. So basically a year.

Will see how they go, 8 to 12 weeks? The later phases could probably last longer. Using seasons as their time table, leaves a decent gap. "Winter" is something around late dec to late march. Spring late march to late june. And so forth.

Last edited:

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Depends on the dates really. Nov,dec, Jan/feb) for phase 1, ~3 months. Then start feb, march, april for phase 2. May, june, july, phase 3. Phase 4 starts in august. All lines up with that roadmap. And Phase 4 would last what august, sept, oct. So basically a year.

Will see how they go, 8 to 12 weeks? The later phases could probably last longer. Using seasons as their time table, leaves a decent gap. "Winter" is something around late dec to late march. Spring late march to late june. And so forth.
its simple math. Summer is june-august, that's 7-9 months from release of SOD. So each leveling phase will last between 1 month/3 weeks to 2 months/1 week, or on average, 2 months. we're talking 7-9 weeks.

They literally said the leveling phases would take a month or two. there's no way in hell we're staying lvl 25 for 4 fucking months.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol, and you guys thought they were gonna have shorter patches for the lower level sections.

38489-2024-roadmap-for-wow-classic-cataclysm-classic.jpg
It says 2024 Roadmap and there is one feature per month excluding the end of the year.

It's February.

No point getting mad, we told you. It's Blizzard.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good raid night. Got 2h mace to dorp off jett, then got slayer chest and trinket later. Just need helm, wrist and neck now to be finished.

Getting ring, shoulders, belt would cost me about 250 gold. Damn BoEs.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
It says 2024 Roadmap and there is one feature per month excluding the end of the year.

It's February.

No point getting mad, we told you. It's Blizzard.
If it were one per month then Season 2 SOD would be January. They already told us that Self-Found HC is February. It's in the announcement that the road map comes from.

7-9 weeks per phase puts Phase 2 last week of January/first week of February.
Phase 3 end of April
Phase 4 July

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
If it were one per month then Season 2 SOD would be January. They already told us that Self-Found HC is February. It's in the announcement that the road map comes from.

7-9 weeks per phase puts Phase 2 last week of January/first week of February.
Phase 3 end of April
Phase 4 July
I’m a 23 Druid on wild growth playing along with my wife who has never played WoW before. Looking for an invite if possible.