World of Warcraft: Current Year

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Given how well pvp gearing has worked out in this expac, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see them go to a currency system for items or make it so that it's even easier to power shit up through the current currencies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
An abbreviated campaign for covenants you already completed would be nice as well.

On my 4th nightfae, its unbearable.

Come on Ion.

Rime

<Donor>
Burnt out on this faster than I have any previous WoW expansion. I managed to level a single alt using Threads of Fate and a second using the normal method.

Gear treadmill is ridiculous. Anima grind is trash. Torghast was 'fun' until I beat TC8, then it became a chore again. The raid was fun... cleared it on heroic, server is too dead for Mythic.

Will probably putz around with things in it when I have nothing else to do, but there are so many games and options out there, that I cannot 'force' myself to play the game as religiously as I once did. No community and lackluster rewards system broke my addiction.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My only complaints about SL at this point is the class balance. The DPS balance pass they're doing is just not going to fucking cut it. Havoc is like 18% behind Balance/MM/Fire and they give us 3 fucking percent?

Mistweaver monk is still laughably trash as a PvP healer. Convoke is still stupid as fuck in PvP.

On a high point, my mostly PvE centric guild decided to do organized RGBs last night and we pushed our MMR up past 1800 and it was pretty fun, despite us bringing some undergeared healer alts.

PvP is just in a much better place this expac than PvE.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Should have been another flat 5% at the least. Making it 3% I'd take as a sign to shelve for expac.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It should be 3% and then make Immolation aura do Chaos damage, so our mastery buffs it, and make Meta a 3 minute CD. Making Immo Aura more powerful would have effectively no impact on PvP balance, would buff ST dps only slightly, but at least give the class the role of being in the top tier melee cleave.

Then again, Unholy DK gets to be top tier ST DPS and top tier cleave, which is fucking stupid.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This expansion has some of the worst writing and dialogue I've ever seen.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You won Shadowlands, go home gamer girl.

Shit, I'm projecting again.

Can someone photoshop me Eeyore but as a Demon Hunter?

eey.jpg

• 1Worf

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I ended up doing the Hunt thing in the Maw and got a mount that works there without having to finish TC. That saved me the trouble of bothering with it.

I feel like this expansion could've had more content, but will be brushed off "because Covid" or something.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really? I've played this game like every waking hour of the day for over 2 months and haven't run out of shit to do.

When you say haven't run out of shit to do, do you just mean running more M+ or more PVP? At this point there are plenty who have seen all 4 campaigns to their completion, finished TC, hit "exhalted" in the Maw, etc.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
When you say haven't run out of shit to do, do you just mean running more M+ or more PVP? At this point there are plenty who have seen all 4 campaigns to their completion, finished TC, hit "exhalted" in the Maw, etc.
Yeah, I guess I should have said "I have not gotten tired of seeing my numbers get larger, yet."

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Really? I've played this game like every waking hour of the day for over 2 months and haven't run out of shit to do.
I've never run out of World Quest and Mission tables to do therefor this game has never ending content. Fuck you Mist Mist

maxresdefault.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck are you expecting? It's WoW for fuck's sake.

You do dungeons and raids and PvP to up your ilvl and you do a bunch of other bullshit to marginally progress your character in other directions when there's nobody around to do either of those main attractions.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I probably could've picked my words better, but I was mostly referencing what seems to me like content is missing. Areas of mobs with no purpose, for example. Other places there are quests but the info is vague and a cool-looking area is short-lived.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Although the covenants are neat in their own way, they could have used that time to develop content thats for everyone. Then on top of that you have covenant specific quests and areas that are tied up in each covenants anima conductor. But even after that, as Kaige Kaige said, there are still areas that are completely devoid of any purpose. World Quests are even sparingly used in those areas, it just doesnt make a lot of sense to me from a development point of view. We could go on to say "future patches" but that is rarely the case.

Outside of that, the feel of not wanting to group with this person or that person was extremely strong this expansion. Not because I didnt like them, but because if they werent at a certain level of skill, knowledge or gear then there isnt really anything that I can do with them to where I feel like Im getting something out of it too. In the past, I would at least drag people through dungeons in order to gear them up so we could eventually do stuff that I would benefit from. But this expansion, drop rates are so low that its just not worth the time in respect to how slowly they would get gear. WoW Retail has gone a long ways towards separating casuals, average players, and mythic raid players and I doubt they'll ever lessen that gap.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users