World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't take that recourse, I said it was the only one available in the game. I quit WoW and played other stuff until it was fixed.

I know you played tank so it wasn't as big of a deal but for dps it was kind of a big deal.
I tanked but I dpsed all of tomb of sargeras and played it as an alt after. I did feel it for sure.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean you already get 2 guaranteed corrupted items per week from m+ and pvp, but yes that would up the value of 3, 4 and 5 mask runs quite a bit.

unless you're my alliance druid and exclusively get trinkets

thanks blizz

xzi

Mouthbreather
too bad I've only done like a 4 on ally for some essences lol, a 475 spyglass would be juicy

I haven't even touched m+ on my main this season cause I just don't care anymore, I log on to raid with some bros and otherwise I farm gold. I wasn't going to resub but my friend resubbed and gave me a free month with RAF so w/e time to finish the longboi grind

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ph7v5pe6mak41.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But if they make essences account wide what am I supposed to do for the next 42 months until Shadowlands Beta?!?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So for pathfinder 2 is it going to be a total pain in my ass?

I just resubbed and ilvl 356 and I guess I need two factions to Revered for flying.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Yes, probably 2 weeks of daily grind to get it.
Probably 4 weeks of major daily grind total to get 460ish
Seeing a blank page of essences would make me shiver knowing the effort needed

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, if all he cares about is Pathfinder 2 the essences aren't as big a deal. It'll take a couple weeks, but it isn't that bad. doing it on a WQ rep week might help a little. It's nice you only need the two reps, though.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's your next 6 months.

As fun as the jokes are, it's actually not horrible, they juiced the power level of the easiest to get Essences, main grievances are mostly time-gating. Except the PVP ones, which if you don't like PVP are going to be guaranteed BIS for your spec and make you want to shove your balls in a deep fat frier.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah it won't be anywhere near 6 months if all he cares about is Pathfinder 2. Wouldn't even worry about filling that all out for just 2 reps and explore.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah it won't be anywhere near 6 months if all he cares about is Pathfinder 2. Wouldn't even worry about filling that all out for just 2 reps and explore.
Oh that's not all I care about but that's my first priority to ensure that all my alts can level fast when I switch to them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Truth be told unless you're doing high keys and like the last half of heroic-mythic raiding then the new essences you get from the new content within like a few hours of playtime are better than 90% of the other essences anyways. Essences are fantastic, they're just talents. But getting them more than once is a bit aidsy. Also there's still literally no point for them to not be account wide since there's no other content for the rest of BFA.

mechagon/naz rep aren't too terrible as far as pathfinder goes. There's a few 'hidden' things in mechagon especially that will speed it up if you just can't wait (like fishing multiple fish daily for even more rep). It's not as terrible as legion flying IMO but don't mean you wanna do it I guess lmao

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's not as terrible as legion flying

??? Legion pathfinder came out earlier and was easier to get since you could just farm chests and rares on Broken Shore after you completed all the day's WQs. And it was way smaller than Nazjatar and was the ONLY rep you needed for the second part. You could grind it out in a couple days rather than have to wait weeks.

Come on now bud...

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
??? Legion pathfinder came out earlier and was easier to get since you could just farm chests and rares on Broken Shore after you completed all the day's WQs. And it was way smaller than Nazjatar and was the ONLY rep you needed for the second part. You could grind it out in a couple days rather than have to wait weeks.

Come on now bud...
I agree with this. I still don't have BFA flying because getting gnome rep is boring as fuck. At least with Legion you did 4 world quests a week and got it in like 2 months.

xzi

Mouthbreather
You COULD farm chests on broken shore for about a week and a half and then they capped it to 7 a day after all us spergs (including you) got it.

I'm just basing it off a friend that literally just came back because he's bored of classic and said it was easier than Legion, while he was doing them at the same time.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It was never 7 per day. It was unlimited and then they changed it to 100 per day (maybe it was 50?).

Armies of the Legionfall World Quests gave rep for completion and also gave the war supplies needed for turn ins for more rep. Killing rares and looting aforementioned chests did the same. The order hall quests also give 250 or 750 rep tokens, way higher than the shitty rep gains from the ship in BfA.

Then there was the Nether Portal Disruptor farming groups with a 50 per day cap on the elite kills which also dropped war supplies.

There was also the Mage Tower buffs for 30% increased rep gains or more war supplies per drop.

Your friend likely didn't know all the mechanics to raise the reps and had to deal with it being old content that he couldn't find groups to join for phasing/farming purposes. If you were a good friend you would have linked this page to him:

And maybe would have told him about this:

So no, not only was Legion's pathfinder easier. It had way more options and only ONE more rep was required for part 2 that was easily grindable. I was still subbed when BfA's pathfinder part 2 was made available. Did like 3 days in Nazjatar, realized there was no real way to raise rep faster and then looked at how I need to do Mechagon as well and cancelled my sub.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users