World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Serious question: Why play Havoc? DH seems unfinished. Like they were too good an expansion or two ago, but now in PvP they're useless compared to pretty much every other class. Targetted first in arenas because they lack any real survivability. Only two specs, and relying too much on covenant stuff, they just feel unfinished.

I've personally never really played DH so I couldn't tell you, other than how OP they have been in the past.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Havoc never fully recovered from their artifact being removed. The class’ initial design was made in tandem with the artifact so when they removed it and didn’t merge most of the abilities into the class, it left the spec incomplete. Vengeance has mostly recovered.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

You dont have to do skips, or scale walls etc in Mythic + until like 12 or something. I agree that its a pain in the ass having to learn that bull shit and buy invis potions etc. for that period, though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You really don't have to do skips at all to get KSM (all 15s.) Especially not with these dungeons this tier. There's some needle threading between a couple packs in Halls of Attonement, and maybe a few pathing things to watch out for in certain routes for other dungeons, but you absolutely do not need invis pot skips. I've used 2 invis pots all tier and that was because we fucked up a route and wanted to recalibrate to time Prideful better.

Only wall-hop I can think of is in Spires at the top of the last set of stairs and you could also just walk by with a sap or imprison. And it's not a particularly cheaty wall-hop either.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Havoc never fully recovered from their artifact being removed. The class’ initial design was made in tandem with the artifact so when they removed it and didn’t merge most of the abilities into the class, it left the spec incomplete. Vengeance has mostly recovered.
lol Havoc was pretty god damn insane in Tier 4 BFA with all your essences and corruptions and azerite.

The main thing it lost in Shadowlands is the Blade Dance immunity frames. The two main azerite powers, Furious Gaze and Chaotic Transformation, were baked into the class for SL.

The biggest problems with Havoc at this point are that the conduits SUCK. They could do a lot with conduits to restore some of the little shit they took away from the class.

Daidraco

You really don't have to do skips at all to get KSM (all 15s.) Especially not with these dungeons this tier. There's some needle threading between a couple packs in Halls of Attonement, and maybe a few pathing things to watch out for in certain routes for other dungeons, but you absolutely do not need invis pot skips. I've used 2 invis pots all tier and that was because we fucked up a route and wanted to recalibrate to time Prideful better.

Only wall-hop I can think of is in Spires at the top of the last set of stairs and you could also just walk by with a sap or imprison. And it's not a particularly cheaty wall-hop either.
I havent played in a while to know if its fixed, but if you didnt have retards in your group - you could skip a couple packs in the beginning of PF by just going over the center. HoA is where some dude went ape shit about me not caring about using an invis potion, but we still timed that 9 so I didnt care to learn which pack he was talking about. MoTS, NW and SoA are the only others I can think of where you could skip a pack or two. But really, I think most of the direct route stuff fills you up just enough to complete the objective.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The route planning and pathing skips are really more about timing prideful than they are about hitting 100%.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Invis pots are asking for trouble in pugs. I always plan the most retard proof route I can. Coordinated groups can do a million different things to +2 a key but who really gives a shit as long as you time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Even at Mythic-0 where no shenanigans is even remotely necessary you run into people that act like they are running a +15 and want you to link achievements and gearscore and crap like that.

Yes I am sure there are plenty of people who aren't like that, but enough are that it just makes it stressful instead of fun. Logging in to do the Covenant Campaign and daily quests plus some Torghast or running around the Maw and was at the right level of escapism and simple enjoyment. But the Maw just empowers Torghast and Torghast rewards only Ash which is hardly needed once you have your single legendary.

They didn't even need to put much effort into it. Give a quest each week similar to the Anima whereby you get a box with an upgradeable piece of low end Mythic to use your new Valor tokens on and that would be a new low key treadmill to run. Heck make it so such a thing comes from doing Torghast runs and you've established a low key solo progression for ROFL-casuals.

Or just do LFG for Mythic-0 that lets people get items to update with Valor. There are all sorts of options that wouldn't tread on the snowflake toes of the progression edgelords and still provide a valid reason for people to not cancel their subs.

Instead they did none of that, added in a new Mythic-only mega-dungeon and called it a day.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

That shit cracks me up, we were clearing M0's in like 160, 165 gear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I ran about 20 or so plaguefalls since reset. There's still a lot of RNG in the game, despite the valor system.

Which makes it fucking retarded this system wasn't in at launch or by January 1st. If the numbers don't start going my way I could see another quit coming real soon.

It's widespread too, another guy in the class discord farming PF is at 30 runs with no drop.

• 1Truth!

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I'm not going to be grinding those fucking items. I've run a ridiculous amount of keys and have seen multiple items that I would want to farm once only. I still use a 200 blood spattered scale.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ion may have sealed the expansions fate by not backdating M+ loot. The new M+ in 9.1 will just put a sour taste in peoples mouth. Had they allowed them to farm valor to upgrade old loot, it would have been far more palatable come 9.1 with the new M+ dungeon.

Instead it's just a slap in the teeth again.

This could be the turning point of SL.

Rime

<Donor>
Majority of the people I know are pushing to get the Keystone Master (+15 All Dungeons) for the mount, then are done until 9.1 (if they come back). Valheim servers/groups have devoured the majority of the people I know who played WoW religiously.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maaan I wouldn't grind anything right now. With 9.1 coming, all that shit's ilvl is gonna reset for the new season. Just wait and spend your energy elsewhere

• 1Truth!

Daidraco

I second the idea that playing the game wouldnt be so miserable right now if they just backdated the loot people already have. When I think of how long it took me to get most of the pieces I wanted out of Mythic's... running them again for the same items just so I can climb the ilvl treadmill even more just makes me want to puke. I never would have imagined that WOW of all games would be the MMO that I struggle to get loot in.

• 1Truth!

innysoludar

Vyemm Raider
Question - is there anything I can do with Honor as I’m leveling to 60 in shadowlands? I was hoping I could buy some decent BFA pvp gear or something as I pvp with my slow ass journey to 60.

Rime

<Donor>
Question - is there anything I can do with Honor as I’m leveling to 60 in shadowlands? I was hoping I could buy some decent BFA pvp gear or something as I pvp with my slow ass journey to 60.

You can buy old gear/transmog. You cannot do any Shadowlands stuff with it until 60, so you can stockpile it until then otherwise.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I second the idea that playing the game wouldnt be so miserable right now if they just backdated the loot people already have. When I think of how long it took me to get most of the pieces I wanted out of Mythic's... running them again for the same items just so I can climb the ilvl treadmill even more just makes me want to puke. I never would have imagined that WOW of all games would be the MMO that I struggle to get loot in.

After grinding 3k Valor I have to say it feels a little too stiff for 9.05, if they relax it for 9.1 for catchup and make it 200 Valor earned per run id maybe consider it a progression path.

Even with Valor its still basically raid and pvp progression. Anyone trying to do M+ progression is an idiot even with Valor in.