World of Warcraft: Current Year

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How long you think before Ion has a meltdown about people completing his raids to fast and removes all LUA API to kill non blizzard approved telemetry in the game?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How long you think before Ion has a meltdown about people completing his raids to fast and removes all LUA API to kill non blizzard approved telemetry in the game?
They should have done that years ago.

The power of the LUA scripting engine in WOW has designed them into a corner in a lot of ways. Realistically, you shouldn't be able to access more information than the game is trying to give you. But in WOW you can.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

FFXIV did something similar. There used to be macros/scripts that changed marker positions based on phase, but now they made it so you can only place markers before the fight. They increased the number of markers you can put down, though.

Yoshi’s reasoning was he didn’t want those things taking all the thinking out of fights

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
removes all LUA API to kill non blizzard approved telemetry in the game?
I would have zero problems with that ... if the Blizzard UI was at least as customizable as the FFXIV one. Letting players develop the UI for them made Blizzard complacent and lazy about their own UI, which is still very 2004.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would have zero problems with that ... if the Blizzard UI was at least as customizable as the FFXIV one. Letting players develop the UI for them made Blizzard complacent and lazy about their own UI, which is still very 2004.
It is kinda fucked up how many addons I feel I “need” for WoW vs how you use none for other MMOs

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Only really one button required to have fun in wow...uninstall.

• 6Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Only really one button required to have fun in wow...uninstall.
Dear WoW players,

We changed our minds. We're full. Like, "triple digit queue times" and "character creation disabled ON ALL SERVERS" full:

congestion.png

Please play Pan'theon or something. Thanks.
--The FFXIV community.

Uninstall lalafell.gif

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Limit down to 47.5% or so, and looked like the golden run until knive mechanic killed a couple near the end. They might actually get this down tonight.

Goonsquad Officer
They added 30m idle time outs for ff. In the patch today. Curious if that helps

• 1Like

Merrith

Limit got to 45.4%. They seem tired as fuck. If they don't get it tonight I think there's zero chance Echo doesn't kill it once they start getting into decent pulls after they wake up soon.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Let me guess, exactly like everyone said Echo took advantage of the time difference to hit up Heroic raid splits on the reset. Using the betterer gear from this, they pushed through.

Merrith

Let me guess, exactly like everyone said Echo took advantage of the time difference to hit up Heroic raid splits on the reset. Using the betterer gear from this, they pushed through.

Echo never had a reset, theirs isn't until tomorrow. No idea if they had better luck overall with gear/domination gear. Limit wasn't coming out of phase 2 with boss as low as Echo was, but they probably still could have killed on their best pulls, just had multiple sub 1% wipes (or sub 46% wipes in this case).

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider

Echo doesn't even have a reset until tomorrow - Limit is NA and gets reset first.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Echo never had a reset, theirs isn't until tomorrow. No idea if they had better luck overall with gear/domination gear.
Higher raid ilvl and a lot better dom socket RNG.

Seems like ilvl didn't mean as much but Limits warriors were doing way less damage because they didn't have 3 dom sockets.

Either way, it was a fun race to watch.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Echo deserved it 100%. They played better the entire raid. And they smoked her on the last pull, like totally smoked her.

Higher raid ilvl and a lot better dom socket RNG.

Seems like ilvl didn't mean as much but Limits warriors were doing way less damage because they didn't have 3 dom sockets.

Either way, it was a fun race to watch.
Gear or not, Echo did play a lot better. Max admitted it as well. Echo fans are super cringe on reddit and such, but Echo deserved it.

Here's the kill pull.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Either guild would have deserved it, and it would have actually been that weird situation had Limit killed it last night only for Echo to wake up and kill it within a short number of pulls only hours later where it would have been within the "head start" window that NA gets. Kinda funny Marks Hunter ended up top damage for Echo on the kill, the one Limit was using was usually pretty high on their meters, too.

I did feel bad for Limit with multiple wipes under 1% left, and a very clean run where one of their paladins dc'd in p3, which pretty much killed a potential kill run. So 1-1 in Shadowlands?