World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the 'accepted' view is that NA gets a head start, but EU benefits from 18 hours of boss testing / strats so it all works out in the wash.

Close races are more fun at least. The best was like G'huun or whatever where Limit wasn't streaming but Method was and there was always this specter that Limit was going to clear it any pull. With 1st and 2nd place both streaming, that bogeyman is not as present.

edit: And Echo just hit 49.5% and she kept fighting. lol
Spell trigger that's assumed to mark the end of the fight has a value of 50 (percent) on heroic and 45 on mythic.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Echo just got raped in the ass. And Blizz went in dry and hard

Limit will win on an easy reset gear now, probably even before servers get up on EU.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well if Echo is able to kill it in what, less than 16 hours after their reset they could claim to have done it all shorter? What a clusterfuck.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well if Echo is able to kill it in what, less than 16 hours after their reset they could claim to have done it all shorter? What a clusterfuck.
Why don't they just have simultaneous release? It opened a week after patch day anyway right?

Try and pick a time to give everyone some play on day 1.

Merrith

Why don't they just have simultaneous release? It opened a week after patch day anyway right?

Try and pick a time to give everyone some play on day 1.

I mean everyone in Limit and Echo has wanted that to be a thing, but it's not like Blizzard is going to change that just for them. What is the main reason EU reset is a day later? I don't know what Blizzard's reason is.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean everyone in Limit and Echo has wanted that to be a thing, but it's not like Blizzard is going to change that just for them. What is the main reason EU reset is a day later? I don't know what Blizzard's reason is.
Well if they want WoW to be an esport and it only effects the esport tournament participants and everything else has timegates...

I don't belive that they can't code a condition to open the raid at a specific real world time or on a command they send to the server.

...they could even have a specific race server for the top guilds and clone their characters before/after the race.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1626643906207.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Which is funny inasmuch as the entire reason for the patch existing seems to be tailored for these folk...

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which is funny inasmuch as the entire reason for the patch existing seems to be tailored for these folk...

Yes, it's clearly custom made for them: they're having so much fun doing HM splits for hours because Blizzard remove Master Loot.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yes, it's clearly custom made for them: they're having so much fun doing HM splits for hours because Blizzard remove Master Loot.

I'm pretty sure I remember prior to the launch of Legion it being explained to us along with the loot changes that they didn't want people to need to have multiple characters and do tons of splits just to play the game at a high level.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Let me predict the mythic progression boys...

Reset happens this week, our heroes get gear upgrades with their raid splits. They kill the boss. Just like the last 20 times.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well a lot of the systems seem to be about trying to slow them down rather than making them happy.

So it's kinda tailored for them and not at the same time.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Limit can't even get her below 60%. Echo was consistently getting her to sub 52% and clean as well. Limit can't get to phase 3 without 2 deaths for some reason. It's night and day watching them.

• 1Like

Merrith

Limit can't even get her below 60%. Echo was consistently getting her to sub 52% and clean as well. Limit can't get to phase 3 without 2 deaths for some reason. It's night and day watching them.

Limit is able to put more damage on her in the early phases, so if they could ever clean up the deaths and have more P3 pulls maybe they could get closer to 45%? Max still convinced it can die before reset, but thinks Echo has better shot at that. Obviously if it goes past and they get gear from reclear it'll likely just die first few good pulls.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You're still going on about the world first race? At the same time Asmongold won't forget his first Teraflare and Akh Morn:

And Taliesin still sounds like one of those overly positive types that goes full psycho the second you dare to disagree with him:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
LMAO blizzard just hotfixed the fight by adding an enrage to the Colossus especially to counter Echo's strat of solo tanking the add so they can pump out more damage on the boss in that phase

so Echo counters Blizzard weak hotfix attempt by bringing in prot pala to try to just immune the whole enrage mechanic

edit: added Scripe's reaction

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Sounds like Blizzard was mad about the trinket despawn tactic on KT. Like TJT said, "not playing our game right". Fun detected.