World War Z

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, but everyone has that guy ignored, my posts are where the masses go for fantastic exposition and amazing reveals.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Eh, whatever. It's worth posting again simply because of how absurd it is.

Sometime I'd like to get around to reading the original JMS script just to make myself even more upset.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I finally went and saw this and I must say. Terrible adaptation of the source material... but an excellent zombie movie. I liked it a lot. However, I did almost get kicked out of the Alamo Drafthouse here when I burst out laughing after that doctor guy killed himself.

I do hope that the alternate Russian ending material is included in a Director's Cut or as an extra or something. It sounds pretty awesome.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I finally went and saw this and I must say. Terrible adaptation of the source material... but an excellent zombie movie. I liked it a lot. However, I did almost get kicked out of the Alamo Drafthouse here when I burst out laughing after that doctor guy killed himself.

I do hope that the alternate Russian ending material is included in a Director's Cut or as an extra or something. It sounds pretty awesome.
I took a date there for valentine's day. They had a Princess Bride "quote-a-long" and served grilled seabass and a ton of wine. They lift the rules occasionally aka lights on or dimmed, throwing popcorn, cheering, quoting the movie at certain parts. We had a good time.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
they'd kick you out for laughing?
The Alamo Drafthouse chain in Austin is known for it. Youtube some of the "kicked out of Alamo Drafthouse" videos. They're pretty funny. The theater is Nazi as shit about talking/phones/laughing/etc. Especially for new releases. Overall it's a pretty awesome place though.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I find myself laughing more frequently at scenes of violence. Often I'm the only one. What's wrong with everyone else?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Me and my friend laughed so hard we about died during The Ring. Specifically when the horse jumps off the boat and flails against the side of the boat like a coked-out dolphin before rolling under the boat. Just as we were catching our breaths, the dumbasses run to the back of the boat, I guess to see if horsey is safe? AND LO AND BEHOLD, BLOOD POURING OUT OF THE PROPELLER AREA. The actors gasping at that point sent us back into peals of laughter.

We got some very not-positive looks from the rest of the audience during that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Friend and I went to see Ninja Assassin in the theater, and even he was looking at me strange because the over the top violence had me absolutely cracking up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
For whatever reason I kept laughing hysterically at Hannibal (whatever part 2 was of that series) at the violence and that guys fucked up face. Everyone was giving me dirty looks like I was a black man at the theater, you know how "they" are.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I find myself laughing more frequently at scenes of violence. Often I'm the only one. What's wrong with everyone else?
In saving private ryan, in the opening scene when the soldier was missing his arm and wandering around dazed, for some reason, I started laughing uncontrollably when he picked it up....I felt bad about it, but I don't know, it just struck me as hilarious. Like "oh, here it is...God, I REALLY would lose my head if it wasn't screwed on!"

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The first of the rips are out, I watched a supposedly unrated cut which was nothing of the sort, it had all the camera hovering so the blood and injuries etc was just out of view.

Anyways, decent zombie movie if you ignore the title. Way too much unexplained shit though.

Why did the incubation time go from days to hours to minutes and eventually down to 12 seconds, did they ever explain that and I was too busy still eye rolling at Israel to notice it? It makes the whole transmission of the virus way too retarded to explain. They tried handwaving with the organ thing but if it takes effect so quickly no way that works. It seems they didn't try and adapt the book explanation to fit their changed zombie mechanics, i.e. sow speed buffs etc.

The whole opening of the movie was crazy talk, they made out from talking between Pitt and bossman UN dude that it hit everywhere in the US at once and took them completely by surprise!?

I did laugh that if there were any untouched rural communities in Wales the airplane spewing bodies out across the landscape probably stopped that.

Despite all that, as I said I was still mostly entertained by the set pieces.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I figure it's the same thing they do in the Aliens movies that I dislike - gestation time is completely based upon what the script writer/director need to have happen in the story. It's stupid, but what can you do.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
The first of the rips are out, I watched a supposedly unrated cut which was nothing of the sort, it had all the camera hovering so the blood and injuries etc was just out of view.
i thought the unrated version (whatever that was) was pretty graphic for a mainstream movie, more than enough blood and gore, but i cant really compare it to the theatrical version since i didnt see it.

i really liked the "outbreak phase" of the movie, until they boarded the belarus plane to wales. everything after that sucked.