Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
rrr_img_18687.jpg

Obviously the correct choice.

rrr_img_18687.jpg

rrr_img_18687.jpg

Juvarisx

Florida
Again go in pretending its called Brad Pitt vs. Zombies and it will probably end up being a decent popcorn flick

Fazana_sl

shitlord
That new trailer, they're not even pretending it's WWZ any more.

It looks like it might be a decent film in it's own right, but damn... >.<

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
it could be okay, i guess. Hard to get too excited by a zombie movie thats not trying to be more than 'just another', though.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Not trying to be more then "just another" zombie movie?

Other than Zombies being in it....what about it screams it's like any other Zombie movie?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The only unique thing about the trailers is the presence of Brad Pitt. If you swapped him with Milla Jovovich and edited the title card you wouldn't know you weren't watching a trailer for Resident Evil: Retribution.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That being said what do you want? Super smart zombies who take over the space program and launch an invasion of Alpha Centauri? They are freaking zombies.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The only unique thing about the trailers is the presence of Brad Pitt. If you swapped him with Milla Jovovich and edited the title card you wouldn't know you weren't watching a trailer for Resident Evil: Retribution.
RE movie series isn't about zombies. it just comes with zombies who later becomes monsters. only thing that comes close to zombie "genre" was raccoon city.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
i'll see it just see what they plan on doing to stop millions of fast moving zombies that need to be taken out with a head shot I don't know of any scenario where the living win against running zombies.
God, I wish this wasn't called World War Z. I just finished the book last month... The movie looks like it took nothing but the name from the books.

Isn't this one of the few if not the first Zombie flick that actually is attempting to show a world wide out break and what happens during it? I mean in the trailer itself you see what I assume are scenes in Africa, The Middle East, Russia, and the United States. For that alone I think this will be a decent watch. Getting the sense that the entire world is actually being wiped out. Other pictures tend towards localized outbreaks like 28 Days later and Sean of the Dead while others that talk about a world wide outbreak, like RE 1 and Zombieland, but still only showcase smaller areas for the most part.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
I guess yeah, it's kind of the first full top notch CGI worldwide zombie apocalypse movie with the budget to show it, Roland Emmerich/Michael Bay catastrophic movies are mostly about aliens invasion/meteor/natural causes.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
No.

Just.....no.
Except yes. I could do a fan edit mixing parts of RE Retribution and the WWZ trailer and outsider would never know. The main difference is the presence of Bradd Pitt.

And that is a huuuuuuge deal. When we see Brad Pitt in the lead and find out it was his production company that green lit this thing it says that this wasn't put together by people associated with shit, shitty adaptations, cash grabs, or schlock. That's the reason to be excited about this movie enough though it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the book. Brad Pitt and his production company. I hope it's really, really good. But as far this movie setting itself apart from the genre the only difference so far between this and everything else is that we've got a serious A list star that doesn't have a reputation for doing crap and a production company that doesn't have a reputation for making crap. With zombie subject matter that's almost a paradigm shift right there.

If you think that the trailer has demonstrated that this film has set itself apart from the genre in another way I do not agree. I see quite a bit of the Dawn of the Dead remake and quite a bit of RE Retribution in the trailer with some big budget disaster movie thrown on top. If it wasn't Brad Pitt and it wasn't Plan B than I would be positively chilly on this instead of just waiting a day or two for the reviews to come in.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Again, what the fuck are you looking for dude? It's a Zombie movie. This movie in its previews is lie nothing else that has been out there other then there are zombies in it.

That's like saying Superman movies are just like Batman movies...it's just a superhero saving people, they are all the same.

If you see this and see Resident Evil then the whole Resident Evil series was way the hell over your head. Resident Evil is about Alice and Umbrella. Zombies are a byproduct of that story line.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I feel like I need to remind you that this is your tangent started by you saying this -

Not trying to be more then "just another" zombie movie?

Other than Zombies being in it....what about it screams it's like any other Zombie movie?
Everythingabout the trailer sets this up to be derivative. If we swap out Brad Pitt all it would take to turn that trailer into an advertisement for Resident Evil Retribution would be some edits and a title card swap. What sets this film apart from the rest of the genre is that we've got Brad Pitt and Plan B Entertainment.

It's like you don't get we are talking about just the trailers.