World War Z

Wrenn

Trakanon Raider
Just saw it today. Several middle aged woman were buying tickets, I guess to see Brad Pitt. Two old grey haired ladies also went and sat in front of me and seemed to enjoy it a lot.

I thought it was pretty decent.

Only just started the audio books but reading about the JMS script makes me sad. I can see how the movie could have been so much better.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Like I've said countless times...I'll go in pretending it's not called World War Z and enjoy the movie.
This. Loved the book, and while the trailers look good, the only thing that looks similar is they both have zombies in.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
He said that his kids like zombie movies and this is why he did it. I think thats kid of cool.
What happens when you start making career decisions based on what kids like:

rrr_img_31875.jpg

velk

Trakanon Raider
It wasn't awful, but it felt really long. Had a few hugely eye rolling moments, like the black guy stealing tvs from wallmart 5 minutes into the zombie apocalypse, and the whole thing with israel and the singing refugees.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It wasn't awful, but it felt really long. Had a few hugely eye rolling moments,like the black guy stealing tvs from wallmart 5 minutes into the zombie apocalypse, and the whole thing with israel and the singing refugees.
I think you're confused, the black guy didn't know there was an apocalypse

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i just realized this is rated pg-13. seriously, why is a fucking zombie movie rated pg-13?
maybe if you didn't spend your saturday evenings cheating on us with another forum you wouldn't have missed this being covered over two pages a few days ago
smile.png

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I saw it tonight. I havent read the book in a while, but I felt there were enough nods to the book to make it work. Obviously a lot of it has nothing to do with the "rules" of the book's world/zombies, but still not terrible.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Good movie. Nothing mind-blowing, but I enjoyed it.

And the characters were given moments to actually show their... character. Brief moments, but they were there. I actually cared something about them, unlike in Zombie_Movie_394.

Brad2770

Saw this last night as well. I have not read the books, so know nothing about them other than they are set up in a documentary type format. Anyways, I thought the movie was great. I liked the movie a lot. I didnt feel any of it was retarded, though I did kind of laugh at the

"All the viruses are in Wing B, but there is a problem with wing B."

"What's the problem with wing B?"

I heard a rumor there was going to be 3 of these movies if this one does well. I hope it does, I want to see more.

Troll_sl

shitlord
He also says that like the black guy was the ONLY ONE stealing TVs. Literallyeveryonewas looting, including the main characters.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There was excessive looting last year or two years ago or whenever during the London Riots as well.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not the book, but good movie. In fact, a much better movie than Man of Steel or IM3. I am not sure the book would have worked as written as a movie, so I am not overly disappointed in that. Amazing intense scenes and well paced, though the end tapered off a little bit. As a post apocalyptic movie I really recommend it. If that is not your favored genre, then its a good solid nail biter. The pg13 just meant it wasn't a huge gore fest, which it did not need to be for the story being portrayed.

Faiona_sl

shitlord
Just saw this, I liked it a lot and am a fan of the book. There are a few parts in the movie that give a nod to the book...but basically that's it. I liked it since the movie seemed to have an actual ending...unlike most zombie movies.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm sorry but the PG13 rating completely ruined what could have been one of the funniest scenes in the entire movie.

When he gets the end of the crowbar stuck in the one zombie's face, and he's trying to yank it out before the other zombie gets him, the camera shot was just so incredibly awkward making sure you didn't show anything below Pitt's knees cause that would be too graphic for PG13!!!