Worst Republican poster?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Lol. You don't seriously consider yourself a "Republican poster" do you? I don't. I also don't think too many people around here consider themselves Dems or Republicans any more. Liberal/Conservative/Rational would be more accurate IMO.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone who doesn't vote Merlin hasn't read enough of his posts. Rescorla is winning simply due to being the most recent in people's heads over the past couple days.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Anyone who doesn't vote Merlin hasn't read enough of his posts. Rescorla is winning simply due to being the most recent in people's heads over the past couple days.
This. Until Azeth* he was the only person I ever put on ignore. The cognitive dissonance in that one was staggering.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I feel like this poll doesn't even need the word Republican in it.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol. You don't seriously consider yourself a "Republican poster" do you? I don't. I also don't think too many people around here consider themselves Dems or Republicans any more. Liberal/Conservative/Rational would be more accurate IMO.
He is a coward, hypocrite, lip service Christian, closeted pervert, makes his money from government service while bitching about big government, and never lets the facts get in the way of his talking points. I would say he is arguably the BEST republican on this board.

Keg is just a white collar white dude corporate cog who tries to act edgy all the time, but is basically harmless. Rescola is just.... sad; the IRB of the right. Lumie is just batshit. Of that entire list, Melrin is the only one I actually have on ignore. In fact, Moon Bat is the only other person on the entire board I have on ignore, so Melrin has to get my vote, by default.

Anyhow, as a social liberal / fiscal conservative type I actually have a fair amount of respect for General Antony and even a little for a_skeleton_03 for their commitment to their ideology.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
When someone says that they are a fiscal conservative does that mean they support unfunded wars and tax cuts for billionaires? The term doesn't make sense to me because in America conservatives have routinely buttfucked the economy for the last 40 years.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I never put Merlin on ignore. The guy isn't all that smart, and I don't mean offense by that just not everyone can be a genius, and he isn't really educated. He is the product of indoctrination. Personally I think more people need to read his posts to really understand what we are up against, because it isn't left/right wing dichotomy. The enemy is ignorance and complacency. I actually like Merlin as a poster, outside of the misguided political bs.

iannis

Musty Nester
I never put Merlin on ignore. The guy isn't all that smart, and I don't mean offense by that just not everyone can be a genius, and he isn't really educated. He is the product of indoctrination. Personally I think more people need to read his posts to really understand what we are up against, because it isn't left/right wing dichotomy. The enemy is ignorance and complacency. I actually like Merlin as a poster, outside of the misguided political bs.
Yeah, Merlin isn't a bad dude and he doesn't mean anything evil. He's just got a hard on for aristocracy. That's a deep part of southern culture and I don't begrudge him that. I just wish he'd think about it a little bit more sometimes.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I came here hoping for a comparison of different wall posters advocating Republican agendas. Instead I found a shitpost.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Antony is an angrier, accountant version of Nick Offerman who wants to see the world burn. Kegkilla is an accountant who wants to talk shit. Lumie is certifiably crazy in ways that aren't Republican. Merlin is a genuine individual who wants to learn with the rest of us. a_skeleton_03 is a jarhead who wants to self-inflate his ego by trolling and becomes too invested in his own yawn that he gets tangled in it. Rescorla is stubborn.

The stubborness of Rescorla makes him the worst of that batch.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When someone says that they are a fiscal conservative does that mean they support unfunded wars and tax cuts for billionaires? The term doesn't make sense to me because in America conservatives have routinely buttfucked the economy for the last 40 years.
For me it means, spending money where it does measurable good and proven social services. Social Security works when its not getting fucked with. Pointless wars do not work. Infrastructure works. Pork projects do not work. Having a strong military and space program to stay ahead of other nations works. Faith based initiatives do not work.

I guess its libertarian with the understanding that in the real world you need to spend some money to keep things running smoothly. Having some safety nets keeps the peasants from revolting and having decent infrastructure means having the backbone for a good manufacturing base and providing a valuable avenue for commerce to smaller business. Paying massive subsidies to energy companies and sucking banker dick does not fall under fiscal conservative domain, either. Think libertarian without the full on isolationism bullshit and a more pragmatic outlook.