Would you be willing to forego media entertainment if it guaranteed the destruction of the industry?

Would you forego all media entertainment for 10yrs if it guaranteed the destruction of the industry?

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i want these faggots named!
d2d955a23b4e41b4a43445020dc7522a.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No one is competing for the dollars of a few butthurt guys on old internet forums. You wouldn't put a dent in shit. Half of you probably pirate nearly everything anyway.

This entire tranche of mostly men made themselves irrelevant by bowing out a while ago.
Wait, so you"re the one who watches all those network shows?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
No one is competing for the dollars of a few butthurt guys on old internet forums. You wouldn't put a dent in shit. Half of you probably pirate nearly everything anyway.

This entire tranche of mostly men made themselves irrelevant by bowing out a while ago.

this guy makes a good point

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Voted no, even though the only streaming service I'm subbed to at the moment is Formula 1 TV and I haven't been to a movie theater in years.

I do agree with the principle of voting with your wallet but failing that, just don't watch woke shit. Even if it's not directly visible to the consumer you can bet that viewer engagement numbers matter to the Disney/Netflix boardroom.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
This. Unlike the 80s, where nearly all movies were made for bored teen males, tv and movies now being written for only women is because men switched to videogames years ago. That's also the reason why sports TV contracts are ridiculous: they are the only media men - especially high value business bros - still bother with.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i want these faggots named!
d2d955a23b4e41b4a43445020dc7522a.png

I voted no. Because "media" covers a huge variety of things.

Do I think movie industry could use a big reset, mostly. 90% are bad, with 10% being good. I don't watch TV, so. But give up all music, books, video games, internet etc. That's all media entertainment. For 10 years? Probably not in this day and age, where I do all of those things in off time to relax.

Make the question more specific, if you want to point towards the obvious answer the OP was looking for, aka complain about shitty TV/Movies.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hell, I’m practically already not participating in mass media these days. I listen to the same old shit I listened to in the 00s, I don’t watch TV unless someone in my family specifically wants me to watch something with them, same with movies, it’s pretty much just my husband finding them and wanting to go see them. On the rare occasion I see some commercials for those basic channel sitcoms these days, I honestly cannot fathom how the fuck anyone could want to watch that cringe shit. Got plenty of old video games to replay, if we’re counting all video games in this as well. Maybe I’m missing something, but I could probably get by pretty easily.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
As a couple of people more than likely already said (I didn't read the thread yet), I already forego almost all mainstream media, and would revel in it's demise.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Jesus the amount of idiocy in this thread with a complete ignorance of the history of media and art is astounding

“My fee fees are hurt by perceived attacks on my world view! The only solution is the destruction of a Multi billion dollar industry and the ripple effects to other industries and businesses that support that industry so 100k+ people lose their jobs or livelihood!”

Why not head over to Afghanistan? You can at least cry with the Taliban about all the evil media and how women having jobs ruined your feelings
I work in the oil and gas business and would like more empathy from you, please.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I voted yes but I don’t like the underlying stipulation that I have to go without for 10 years until it all ends.

I want all media gone immediately so I can watch the world freak the fuck out. That would be the best show ever.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Even if you like what's being produced you should still vote for the reset just to get people away from passively watching TV for hours on end every day. Force people to go outside maybe, get a hobby, learn a skill.

spronk

FPS noob
the chances of everything you stand for as a straight white man being erased is far, far, far more likely than a bunch of trillion dollar companies deciding to stop making things for ?? reasons ??

you aren't Hitler building the Nazi party out.

you are the Jew hoping the other Germans "wake up to the truth" soon. and you are posting on your small, insignificant, ghetto forum because if you talk about this shit anywhere else everyone starts hurling stones at you.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user