WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
I guess its more polished with basically 100% blizlike experience , not relay any bugs and us based so better Ping, i guess ED has a lot of issues?

Got 2 IRL friends to roll with me Resto druid and mage

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I guess its more polished with basically 100% blizlike experience , not relay any bugs and us based so better Ping, i guess ED has a lot of issues?

Got 2 IRL friends to roll with me Resto druid and mage
I had no ping issues with ED. My biggest concern would be a cease and desist from Blizz which seems likely for a US based EMU.

If I wasn't about to fire up DAOC Origins I'd probably start a fresh character here. Sad that most of my MMO fun the last 4 years has been from EMUs.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
its been out for a while and bliz dosent seem to care

burntsushi_sl

shitlord
I've played on Rebirth and ED. Overall, Rebirth has the better server code and gameplay is better. The trouble with Rebirth was dev commitment and population. Lot's of people would not roll or leave due to the population. Even with that we had a pretty solid raiding group that was clearing all the content available (MC, ZG, World Dragons, Ony). We still had that group when freaky released BWL all messed up. That was the final blow for our raiding group. Quite a few of those folks have rerolled on ED and are doing fine. I don't like ED as much as I did Rebirth, but they are getting content out. BWL is open and mostly working on ED while Rebirth has been open longer and still hasn't gotten BWL out. If you want to PVP, ED is really your only option as it's population is considerably higher.

niss_sl

shitlord
Just tried checking out their website and it won't load. I've heard that it's down quite a bit. Is this a regular thing?

niss_sl

shitlord
Alright thanks, got it working. How is the activity between Emerald dream and Warsong? 12x sounds really appealing like right now...

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
Right now, ED (1x) and Al'Akir (instant 60) are both medium - Warsong (12x) is low.

I think you can pay $ for epics in the other realms, so ED is the only "pure" experience.

I've been enjoying playing on ED - it's a pretty good community I've got a 44 Warlock, playing on Horde side.

niss_sl

shitlord
Yeah it seems ED is more active than Warsong. At least when I go /who 38-43 (and other level brackets), ed is about 2-4x more people but that could just mean there's more 60s in Warsong. Either way, this server is terribly unstable. It crashes constantly and while it isn't a big deal when I'm just grinding quests it'll suck in instances/raids.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this server is going to shit. GMs just suspended and disbanded my guild for literally no reason given other than "history of exploiting boss fights". In the past month and a half I had only logged on for 3 hours tops and get suspended.

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
Damn, that really sucks. Did they perma ban you?

I heard they banned Riding Dirty for talking shit on the forums.

It's always a big risk when playing on a nonprofessional service that you will lose everything.

I dinged 60 a while back, don't know if I will raid or just mess around.

koffin_sl

shitlord
This sounds like exactly what the doctored ordered, but it looks like ED's website isn't up currently.
Are people still on ED or did they move to another emu server?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
WTS some accounts :p $25 each.. got like 6 gnome warlocks with 55+ greens, 60 gnome mage with 56+ frost gear, some 55ish undead rogues, 60 human rogue with epic mount and ah blues.. i quit playin the server it got too boring for me

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
It's still going on, mostly euros. In fact during work day west coast time, there is a login queue now. There are some NA guilds and quite a few cool people.

I'm not rich but I'll hook you up with some bags if you wanna roll horde side. Just send me a mail, my main's name is shivar.

It's not perfect by any stretch, but I'm enjoying some old school vanilla WoW.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Who was leading that guild big P?
Koopa. tl;dr swiftdeus loved to exploit and fraps it. He got buttfucking hurt he was demoted and then ended up sending videos of him exploiting during instance runs and two bugged golemagg pulls(lol unavoidable bugs are exploits to GMs) as evidence that jpd was a guild that heavily engages in and supports exploiting.

Either way server is pure shit;

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/7...while-offline/

Dont fucking play on it. How fucking arrogant and smug and a fucking shitbag do you have to be to treat your playerbase like that?
word is Rebirth is getting lots of new folks lately.
Good chunk of the guild rerolled as horde on rebirth.