WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So I've been eyeballing the nost server. Back in vanilla I exclusively played dps as a Rogue and Hunter. These days I almost exclusively play a healer. On live I have a Shaman. Admittedly I know next to nothing about healers from the vanilla era. I'm not looking for the best. Just looking to see if there are any I should avoid even touching. Thanks guys.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
So I've been eyeballing the nost server. Back in vanilla I exclusively played dps as a Rogue and Hunter. These days I almost exclusively play a healer. On live I have a Shaman. Admittedly I know next to nothing about healers from the vanilla era. I'm not looking for the best. Just looking to see if there are any I should avoid even touching. Thanks guys.
Pretty sure priests are the best healer in vanilla era but not 100% positive. I know all are pretty much needed. A shaman may be good as they are awesome in vanilla and you have the windfury spec as well as heals so if you get to 60 you have the choice of each

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
If Shaman are viable healers I'd most likely play one of those too. Maybe I'll try both Priest and Shaman. I'm not a fan of HoT healing so I wouldn't bother with a Druid. Thanks for the info.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
If Shaman are viable healers I'd most likely play one of those too. Maybe I'll try both Priest and Shaman. I'm not a fan of HoT healing so I wouldn't bother with a Druid. Thanks for the info.
Yeah that's what I have on Nost since it was what I used to play. Sorta regret it since I remember at 60 pretty much everyone just expects you to go resto and then all you can really do is heal and I'd like to PvP solo some. Shaman have the totems and the chain heal which I remember always being good.

Just fixed it. All I had to do was delete the WTF folder it seems

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you are alliance make your priest dwarf. Dwarf priests get fear ward which is useful throughout vanilla iirc. Humans get a racial spirit bonus, so dark elf is actually the worst race for end game healing.

Shaman would give you a little more diversity than priest if you don't want to just heal. Paladins are really good healers in vanilla too.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Flashbacks to priest levelling... those levels before you get shadowform.

/cries

niss_sl

shitlord
Recently ZG was released and the peak population hit 10k. To put it into perspective, population in original vanilla was capped at 2500 concurrent players. They've done a bunch of changes such as reducing the maximum view distance so that it doesn't lag too much. I occasionally get spikes here and there but it's very playable.

Have hit 60 about a month ago and am mostly pvping. I'm toying around with the idea of joining a raiding guild. Two raids a week seems doable but then also having to show up for 2 raids a week regularly may not be something I'm up to. I'm just casually joining MC/onyxia pugs for the moment and mostly pvping.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been playing on the PVE server and even that feels crowded at 2k, can't imagine the PVP server.

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
nost is still alive? i quit like 6months ago due to insta death at every flight path as alliance. is the pvp server alli/horde ratio any better?

niss_sl

shitlord
nost is still alive? i quit like 6months ago due to insta death at every flight path as alliance. is the pvp server alli/horde ratio any better?
Keep in mind I stopped leveling (and using random FPs all that much) a month ago but it doesn't seem that bad. Like with any PVP server, when you get camped or such you just have to go do something else. I don't remember it being any worse on nost than other pvp servers in retail.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I started on the Nost PVP server. I like to torture myself so I went my usual Warrior.

It's WoW so I won't comment on the game but...
HOLY FUCK IS IT CROWDED

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I'm going to have a few weeks off over the holidays and installed Nostalrius for a little nostalgia fun, but holy shit is it unenjoyable to have 7,500 players on one server while you're trying to level. I was thinking of switching to the PVE server before I get in too deep.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You guys aren't kidding about that PvP server pop. Starting zone is stupid packed.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Most fun I've had mmoing in a while, 20 alliance war on Nost Alliance named Mericuh.