WoW Vanilla - Lights Hope [Fresh]

Zaide

TLP Idealist
[About]
The team over at Light's Hope will be launching a fresh PvP server sometime between June 11-17th. this year. Light's Hope has widely been considered to be the best scripted of all of the vanilla emulated servers. This will likely be one of the last chances to experience a fresh vanilla launch server before the release of the official Blizzard World of Warcraft: Classic servers.

This server continues the legacy of Nostalrius/Elysium in bringing the most authentic vanilla experience which have historically boasted server populations of up to 150,000 players and tens of thousands of concurrent players at any one time.

[Details]
o 1.12.1 Vanilla Wow | Full Blizzlike

o 1x Experience Rates | 1x Profession Rates | 1x Drop Rates

o Fully Scripted Dungeons and Raids | Battlegrounds | World PvP | Pathfinding

o Gradual content release | Patch progression starting from 1.2 (Secrets of Maraudon)

o Launching between June 11th and June 17th

o Expected to have 10,000-15,000 players on launch

[Guild]
We're going to be running a guild here aimed at clearing content as quickly as possible. With that in mind we'll be going Alliance and are looking for serious poopsockers who can log unhealthy amounts of playtime for the first 8-10 days. Right now our crew is mostly a mixture of guys from Faceless, Conquest and Nurfed with a smattering of some other known EQ TLP personalities ala First, Qelyn, a_skeleton_03, Damdor and others. If you're interested in going all out hit me up here or via PM/Discord.

[Useful Links]
WoW Vanilla Client Download: Light's Hope Client Installer - Light's Hope Forums
Light's Hope Discord Server: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
Vanilla Addons: Vanilla-Addons.com and WoW Vanilla Addons – Legacy WoW – Addons and Guides for Vanilla, TBC and WoTLK
Lights Hope Site: Light's Hope - Vanilla WoW

[tl:dr]
This is our chance to get in and hit the ground running with a FRESH vanilla launch.
Light's Hope - Vanilla WoW

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Highly recommend this to all the forum pals on the fence of making the switch from EQ to WOW. Fresh pixels and racing are always fun. Plus you weren't going to use that PTO on anything useful anyways.

I have a kid spawning in June, so I may have to sit this one out. We'll see as we get closer to launch.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Warzone doesn't even begin to describe it.

l3votsd08wvx.jpg

Zaide

TLP Idealist
How busy is the server? Is the starter area a warzone?

The server doesn't launch until June, but historically the servers launched by this team boast an extremely high population. Like the screenshot W Word showed, starter zones will be flooded with players. They do have a dynamic spawning system to help alleviate the issues caused by this mass flood of players however, so the more players that are packed into any particular area the more quickly mobs respawn. My understanding is that this system has been pretty effective at mitigating issues with launch.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Started a horde warlock yesterday and the busy pvp server has a bunch of people everywhere at all hours. Expect full chaos with this new server coming online. Going to start a shaman and cleric to relearn everything before June hits.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Makes overland questing a lost cause a lot of the time. grinding 5 mans will be much heavier than standard.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
The server doesn't launch until June, but historically the servers launched by this team boast an extremely high population.
So which other servers (besides the one they stole from Elysium) has this team of scumfucks launched?

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
So which other servers (besides the one they stole from Elysium) has this team of scumfucks launched?
They haven’t.

Very interested to see how this turns out for faceless. Zaide Zaide do you guys have people who have pushed high end emulator wow from nost or elysium?

Zaide

TLP Idealist

I don't really follow fake server drama for WoW and for the most part I don't care about staff etc. It's just an upcoming Vanilla server that's almost guaranteed to have a great population. If people are into Vanilla WoW then this is most likely going to be a fun server to play on.

They haven’t.

Very interested to see how this turns out for faceless. Zaide Zaide do you guys have people who have pushed high end emulator wow from nost or elysium?

I think it will go pretty well. Even if we decide to go more casual after launch, most relevant raid content is instanced so no worries there. We've got a handful of guys from the bigger emulators with us including Erho (server first 60 on Nost). But yeah like I said, I'm not really sweating it too much.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
If anyone doesn't want to wait, K3 just released. Beats me how they're all different from one another.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If anyone doesn't want to wait, K3 just released. Beats me how they're all different from one another.
K3 has a group exp bonus I believe, and has some aggressive dynamic respawn system that made AE groups faster than the traditional quest based leveling. Not sure about other differences.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lol you're teaming up with damdor? Man i still remember the shenanigans pulled back on vulak.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I don't really follow fake server drama for WoW and for the most part I don't care about staff etc. It's just an upcoming Vanilla server that's almost guaranteed to have a great population. If people are into Vanilla WoW then this is most likely going to be a fun server to play on.

I think it will go pretty well. Even if we decide to go more casual after launch, most relevant raid content is instanced so no worries there. We've got a handful of guys from the bigger emulators with us including Erho (server first 60 on Nost). But yeah like I said, I'm not really sweating it too much.
I just ask cause of all the random little intricacies and bugs and things that are like second nature to emu players to use while clearing content and gearing. Similar to EQ bugs and things that you wouldnt know about without having spent the time and playing.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Most likely down good sirs. I'm on current LH right now but always fun to start fresh