WoW Vanilla+ Turtle WoW

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Can you do both HC and slow and steady at the same time?
yes

And warmode can be taken any time as well. You can disable it once and then if you ever reenable it it is permanent. Lots of people level with it and then turn it off, the ganking is not bad at all on this server since it is mostly RP and cross faction so warmode is generally worth it if you want to level fast.. just don't use it with HC. They are talking about removing world buffs in raids so that would remove one major downside of warmode at 60.

Another thing on HC, if you buy shop items on HC and then die they do get refunded.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I read through this thread and definitely considered it... but I am insanely busy with work and I hate half-assing games. It's all or nothing for me.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Can you do both HC and slow and steady at the same time?

Yep! My hunter’s doing both, currently. I think you can mix and match however many as you want (GL with hardcore war mode, though). I think you can have the one-time option to turn war mode off, but I don’t think you can add/remove it again after that. Turning on HC will also nuke your inventory and money, so don’t waste anything trying to front load an alt before starting. SnS and HC need to be turned on at level 1.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Is this filled with bots, boosters, gold sellers, and memelords? The thing that turned me off the most from classic was I hated 99% of the playerbase.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Is this filled with bots, boosters, gold sellers, and memelords? The thing that turned me off the most from classic was I hated 99% of the playerbase.
Haven't seen a one yet, the Devs are active in world chat and quickly squish anything like that.
Ally or Horde?
Doesn't matter you can group with either side, paladin is alliance only and shaman is horde only.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Rolled a High Elf Mage. I'm in love with this so far. Name is Crella.

Plus, it's free, can't beat that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
1674761107439.png

Cool

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This is cool, we might need to start a guild or get you into the one we are in. Horde and ally can group together and be in the same guild. It was weird first time seeing it.

We are currently in <get rich or die grinding> they are quite helpful so far.

• 1Like

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Ally or Horde?
Ally. And hey Falstaff!

Also there's a lot of devs maintaining this. The homepage shows the big list.

It's so nice having vanilla with side-content that doesn't trivialize other content.

Only thing I'd say to watch out for isn't bots or cheaters or bad manner people but... The devs are super strict about moderation over public channels like world.

Anything political or religious can get you warned or even banned. They don't tolerate it from either side of the spectrum.

Just saying.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jasker

And I'll say this also even though I think koush mentioned: at level 18 there's a turtle mount quest, free. It's kinda slow....heh.

tents in goldshire = massive passive by the second rested experience

5copper warmode = 30% exp increase

It's a multinational server. Anything from Americans to UK to Russia etc etc. Everyone is decent tho.

• 1Like

Jasker

And one more thing: boosting isn't allowed. You'd get perma banned for boosting services unless I think you're privately boosting yourself. You can't buy it from someone with any currency

• 1Like

Hekotat

Ally. And hey Falstaff!

Also there's a lot of devs maintaining this. The homepage shows the big list.

It's so nice having vanilla with side-content that doesn't trivialize other content.

Only thing I'd say to watch out for isn't bots or cheaters or bad manner people but... The devs are super strict about moderation over public channels like world.

Anything political or religious can get you warned or even banned. They don't tolerate it from either side of the spectrum.

Just saying.

One of the biggest boons in the game is the zero tolerance on politics.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

THey also have some kind of in game digital currency (Shellcoin). I don't understand how it works yet but another new interesting addition to the game. I really hope they release more content and keep it in line with vanilla, even TBC/WotLK keeping vanilla systems in place would be really cool.

Hell if they even made their own expansion that would be awesome.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
THey also have some kind of in game digital currency (Shellcoin). I don't understand how it works yet but another new interesting addition to the game. I really hope they release more content and keep it in line with vanilla, even TBC/WotLK keeping vanilla systems in place would be really cool.

Hell if they even made their own expansion that would be awesome.
It works just like real life crypto.

• 1Worf