Writers Guild Strike 2023

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He never said the US deserved it. It was a conversation about Bush calling the terrorists cowards. Maher said the US lobbing cruise missiles at targets in the Middle East, while we were all sitting comfortable in our homes was cowardly and that the terrorist that rode the planes all the way into the buildings, staring their deaths in the face, would not be considered cowardly.

There was also a show around that time about how Clinton was the main one that sat at home lobbing missiles at people, leading to more and more animosity toward the US (not that Maher seemed to agree):

Regardless, he is (or at least was, before the Wuhanic Plague) able to get on a wide selection of mostly non-woke leftists and sometimes even conservatives to have a round table discussion. Which helps to inform me of different conversations and points of view that I certainly wouldn't get here.

I find it a bit funny, that today in the Politics forum, people were making fun of Wokesters blocking and DISENVOUING any views that run counter to the message...

I disagree with Maher the vast majority of the time, but he at least forms opinions based on what he actually believes and not whatever the leftist narrative is. He's pretty anti-woke, went against alot of the covid stuff, and has called out some of the ridiculous anti-Trump stuff.

He's still pretty liberal, but is at least logically consistent.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This strike couldn't even make a Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, worthless.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Drew Barrymore and Bill Maher bitched out and caved due to the backlash. neither will return until the strike is over.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Drew Barrymore and Bill Maher bitched out and caved due to the backlash. neither will return until the strike is over.
Drew and Bill get what they deserve.

Now eat your liberal shit sandwich and smile.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Browsing apps in Google store and Drew had her face plastered on some game ad. Tired of seeing her on everything.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Browsing apps in Google store and Drew had her face plastered on some game ad. Tired of seeing her on everything.
Ice Cream Dancing GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Aren't all these crew people union too? I'd have started looking for work elsewhere by now though. Fuck these shows.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Aren't all these crew people union too? I'd have started looking for work elsewhere by now though. Fuck these shows.
i believe the crews are not union or are in a different union. either way they dont matter to the writers and actors. they make regular wages.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

It looks like most of the crew have unions that they could join, but they don't seem to want to be lumped in with the writers and actors or they have contracts in place that would be broken with a strike of their own.

Camera Operators, photographers, Digital Techs:

Most everyone else:

spronk

FPS noob

2 days of talks with WGA with most of the CEOs attending, probably means a deal is pretty close. I'd expect contracts signed within a week and SAG to follow shortly after.

So strike is probably over soon :(

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

2 days of talks with WGA with most of the CEOs attending, probably means a deal is pretty close. I'd expect contracts signed within a week and SAG to follow shortly after.

So strike is probably over soon :(
lets hope Fran Drescher tells them to fuck off.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
lets hope Fran Drescher tells them to fuck off.
Or completely caves. At the end of the day the studios that expect to turn a profit are going to force the AI issue. Or we will suddenly have indie studios doing it and stealing their lunch with amateurs putting out higher quality products. Either way the WGA and SAG will get fucked.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or completely caves. At the end of the day the studios that expect to turn a profit are going to force the AI issue. Or we will suddenly have indie studios doing it and stealing their lunch with amateurs putting out higher quality products. Either way the WGA and SAG will get fucked.
I want the studios to get fucked though. Hollywood is a blight on this world. I want their power to be put in the hands of every day people. I want creativity once again.

• 2Like