Writers Guild Strike 2023

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The argument isn't that he should get paid x dollars more, its that if the show was on Fox or whatever he would get some bucks if it was a rerun since Fox was using it to sell ad time or if it syndicated and was on We tv on a marathon 3 times a week like Law and Order is (that's a whole other can of worms and a really interesting reason why every actor in existence has been on it). So during a time like say in the past 6 months where he hasn't been on anything but is lining projects up he has some passive income to get by on.

Acting for 99% is a shit job, but what is the alternative you are proposing? Everything animated? Everything 3-4 man shows? Would look real boring without smaller actors or extras or anything.

Here is a better example then that fucking guy as I never watched Sabrina.

Paywalled so use Reader (ironic)

"The actor Mark Proksch, for example, made more money off residuals from one season of guest appearances on The Office, under the old system, than he has in five seasons of starring in What We Do in the Shadows, under the new system."

That rando actor is Colin Robinson on WWDITS and is probably the funniest one and def the best one. Now you can say that old system must be fucked. And maybe, but then turn on Comedy Central these days and see how much Office they air. Its fucking constant, and they sell ad space obviously, and it must be making money cause its been that way for years and years. So I get why they would want Residuals. Now my wife can watch Office on loop for $10 bucks a month cause we paid $5 more for no ads on Peacock. Suddenly no more ad money. How is Peacock supposed to make anything under that system? Turns out they fucking dont and none of them do and they are burning Billions in a giant fire pit.

Streaming is working for noone but the consumer, and those times are ending here soon I think.

This is an example of a perverse incentive and should be discouraged, not encouraged. These studios know approximately the worth of each of these people inside of a movie or show; they should have contracts that last a year (or season) and pay them a set amount for the time they work and then stipulate that they can be asked back for reshoots or more scenes for that year/season for another set amount. This protects the workers because they know how much they are being paid for a set duration and how much they will get paid for more work. It also makes sure that if the show gets big they can ask for more money in later seasons because the contract is yearly. They all benefit because they can probably work on multiple projects a year and not rely on a single one. This also gets rid of this ridiculous residuals argument.

Or or or... maybe it's a simple Supply / Demand issue and there are 10,000,000 full blown Turbo Tard faggots who want to be adult children and play fucking dress up for a living doing unskilled bullshit "labor" had to put that joke a word in parenthesis for this one.

If you actually have enough talent or jew nepotism you get to demand your salary and get it see A-list actors, if you are a trash ass you get paid like a trash ass. Sorry American Inventor the world ain't fair.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
if he's saying he only got $7,500 total income that year, he has to sell his 2 kids and whore out his wife then

if actors aren't working, theyre just lazying around smoking weed

I mean if he used the other 50 weeks of the year to be lazy and smoke weed he has more serious issues than what some Goldberginstein paid him.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean if he used the other 50 weeks of the year to be lazy and smoke weed he has more serious issues than what some Goldberginstein paid him.
wait it's even worse, this bitch is complaining about getting 7500$ for 4 episodes of dollface (he's known for sabrina)

dollface is some 20eps chick show, he was just there as eye candy, 16th billed
9245d508940a4fa7fbc9d25ce5a52287.png

he's not even a boyfriend or anything

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there are just too many actors nowadays. when it was 3 networks, you saw the same handful of character actors on all kinds of different shows in different roles. some just for an episode. Love Boat was notorious for this. it was actually a cool standard. cuz you like x person in this show and whammo here they are in another role. lets watch. it was also cheaper to live in the area, so you could make a decent living while being nobody incredible and retire at a reasonable age. well sort of. the guy from Good Times and Die Hard 2, John Amos is stuck in some poor old age home getting abused by the shit tier workers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

Cracking Up Lol GIF

the upcoming UPS strike is gonna suck though, fortunately i almost never buy anything anymore

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Cracking Up Lol GIF

the upcoming UPS strike is gonna suck though, fortunately i almost never buy anything anymore

I have no pity for UPS or any other private company that is held at knifepoint by a private union. Why would any job at UPS require a union?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
there are just too many actors nowadays. when it was 3 networks, you saw the same handful of character actors on all kinds of different shows in different roles. some just for an episode. Love Boat was notorious for this. it was actually a cool standard. cuz you like x person in this show and whammo here they are in another role. lets watch. it was also cheaper to live in the area, so you could make a decent living while being nobody incredible and retire at a reasonable age. well sort of. the guy from Good Times and Die Hard 2, John Amos is stuck in some poor old age home getting abused by the shit tier workers.
Wtf I thought he died. Only because the character died in the show and assumed it was due to a real life death.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’ll admit I sometimes forget John Amos didn’t actually die during Good Times.

Shit got real that week.

damn-damn-damn-florida-evans.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I had to look that one up. I didn't know killing Admiral Yamamoto was controversial. After reading up on it a bit, I still don't. Bit of a head scratcher.

Burns

I had to look that one up. I didn't know killing Admiral Yamamoto was controversial. After reading up on it a bit, I still don't. Bit of a head scratcher.
It was seen as an assassination and, up until World War II, assassination was still seen as very a dishonorable way to conduct war.

It stemmed from a combination of at least two main rules of conduct that developed in Western society. First was the medieval practice of taking high ranking individuals as prisoners, to ransom, then around the advent of accurate firearms, and the targeting officers with direct fire. In both cases, the military commanders, on all sides, could see the value in these rules, and generally agreed to follow them. Which then lead to them being considered the honorable way to conduct themselves.

Unfortunately for Yamamoto, the Japanese had a different idea of honor, and by the time of his fateful flight, word was out on what happened to US and Filipino POWs in Bataan (as well as other POW situations). So any trepidation that the US Pacific command may have had, was minimal.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

its more related to actors strike, but basically movies are gonna start getting pushed back since the actors strike doesn't let actors do promos. gonna be wild as more and more stuff gets pushed over the next few weeks.

it also means studios think the strikes are gonna last now till Dec at LEAST. wild!

great time to catch up on so much stuff

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

its more related to actors strike, but basically movies are gonna start getting pushed back since the actors strike doesn't let actors do promos. gonna be wild as more and more stuff gets pushed over the next few weeks.

it also means studios think the strikes are gonna last now till Dec at LEAST. wild!

great time to catch up on so much stuff

If this finally kills movie theaters all together it will be worth it.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users