Writers Guild Strike 2023

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
there is a huge opportunity for college age kids to produce their own Youtube TV show just using their cell phones. get like 6 people to go along and write some kind of scripted soap opera about their lives and fictional/real relationships and it would be a hit. providing that it isnt boring. it could still be boring and probably be a hit anyways. god knows i watched the fuck out of 90210 in my 20s and that show was a horrible shitshow. but it had Brenda and thats all i cared about.
iu
Teen years I'd understand but what kind of straight man would watch 90210 in their 20s?

Oh, never mind, answered my own question.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
looks like a modification to

UE5 is craaaaaaazy. Still isn't as good as the non-real-time stuff that studios have been iterating on for a long time though, like Renderman. Hard for real-time usage on an engine built for single-GPU, ~100 FPS to compete with something that can run overnight on a server cluster. So many sacrifices to visual fidelity have to be made to hit that real-time target.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
"I think that it’s taken on a bigger scope, it’s greater than the sum of its parts. I think it’s a conversation now about the culture of big business, and how it treats everybody up and down the ladder in the name of profit."

haha this bitch wants this to be political, i hope actors start getting foreclosed soon

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

haha this bitch wants this to be political, i hope actors start getting foreclosed soon
I mean. The mainline people this strike is supposed to help aren't gonna last much longer. The only people that think they can out wait the studios are the out of touch rich fucks.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yeah, but that was after Modern Family I think. And it was free.

She's complaining about how she was "taken advantage of" in her first season. By the last season she was making $150k an episode. Once again, 24 a season.

Plenty of people would walk in heels with gout for way less than she made.
Even worse is the show is now syndicated. Those uncomfortable shoes are going to be sending her paychecks for the rest of her life.

spronk

FPS noob

amc agreed to sag/wga deal which lets them work on a few of their shows, last time the strike happened a few studios made side deals first and resumed work which accelerated a deal, dunno if that happens again

Goatface

amc agreed to sag/wga deal which lets them work on a few of their shows, last time the strike happened a few studios made side deals first and resumed work which accelerated a deal, dunno if that happens again
wonder if they agreed to share real streaming numbers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

It's true and I love it.
its hard to feel bad for millionaires complaining they have to sell their mega million dollar homes. so out of touch, yet they think everyone hangs on their every word. just dance for us, monkey. thats all we want.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well SAG trying to get video game actors to strike now.

The film and TV actor’s strike is ongoing, and now the SAG-AFTRA union is reportedly seeking authorization for a second strike – this one against major video game companies.

The union indicates talks over a new video game contract have reached a ‘stalemate’ with a strike authorization vote needed as leverage to win wage increases and protection against the rise of artificial intelligence.

The union has a separate contract with major video game makers like Activision and Electronic Arts. It was originally due to expire November 7th last year, but talks were extended for a year and are due to resume on September 26th.

SAG-AFTRA is reportedly asking for an 11% retroactive increase in rates for video game performers, followed by increases of 4% and 4% – the same asks they are making to the film and TV studios.

The union also wants rest periods and safety protections, on-set medics, a prohibition against stunts during self-taped auditions, along with protections from AI which pose a threat to voice and performance capture artists in the video game field.

SAG-AFTRA previously went on strike against the video game companies in October 2016 – a strike that went on for eleven months. Ballots for the strike authorization vote are due on September 25th.

Fucker

Log Wizard
its hard to feel bad for millionaires complaining they have to sell their mega million dollar homes. so out of touch, yet they think everyone hangs on their every word. just dance for us, monkey. thats all we want.
I was more or less on their side because studios screw people over for sport, but they lost me when they went after Youtube content creators.

Fuck em.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users