X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I only read the second link. And I don't even know what I'm supposed to think because he criticized Psylocke's outfit and I immediately though SJW pandering white knight faggot and gave up actually processing the dribble he had typed out.

Caliane

I can completely see how this movie could be bad, especially for the comic people. I still think Apocalypse is way off. I don't think Jean and Scott look "right" to me. Maybe they'll surprise me in the movie. The whole trailer just looks and feels like an attempt at the story 20+ years ago.
I don't think that is even the issue.

This looks god awful to me. It looks CARTOONISH. Which, given my tastes, would normally be just fine. Pacific rim love. TMNT2 trailers, look fantastic because they are cartoonish as well.
This however, looks like Fantastic 4, Spiderman 3, Batman and Robin.
not fun, but instead uncomfortable.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Problem for me is the cgi just looks too bright and clean, it's like someone at fox watched batman and robin one night and thought hey that would be a perfect setting for the next x-men!
All these comic franchises are such a terrible waste at Fox.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Meh. After First Class and DoFP, I have trouble believing that Singer would suddenly put out a complete shitfest like Last Stand. I'm going to assume the early reviews are mostly hyperbole from butthurt nerds for now.
I'm hoping this too...First Class and Future Past were great films. Hell, Future Past is now one of my favorites, mainly because it erased the shit fest that was Last Stand (My wife actually cried at the end when Patrick Stewart says "Welcome back"--she's a huge nerd and hated how they killed Xavier in Last Stand.). I really hope he didn't go off the rails here =-/.

Only reason I think there is a possibility is because Singer tends to do better with human conflict stories; I'm not so sure he can handle grand scale villains. His wheel house is really self doubt (About whether this path is the right one) and interpersonal relationships, which is usually what Xmen are about with their allegories to Civil Rights and what not.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm hoping this too...First Class and Future Past were great films. Hell, Future Past is now one of my favorites, mainly because it erased the shit fest that was Last Stand (My wife actually cried at the end when Patrick Stewart says "Welcome back"--she's a huge nerd and hated how they killed Xavier in Last Stand.). I really hope he didn't go off the rails here =-/.

Only reason I think there is a possibility is because Singer tends to do better with human conflict stories; I'm not so sure he can handle grand scale villains. His wheel house is really self doubt (About whether this path is the right one) and interpersonal relationships, which is usually what Xmen are about with their allegories to Civil Rights and what not.
I'm assuming the movie will focus more on the horsemen than on Apocalypse, which will cover both those angles and continue to let Fassbender make up for how forgettable Lawrence is.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Youre XMEN now!

Also was thinking, how do you have any more xmen movies after this when the trailers show pretty much the entire world being destroyed? This gonna be a retarded dream sequence? Or apoc going to have a last minute come to Jesus moment and undue all the destruction him and his cronies did?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want to like the new X-men but the only characters that look cast right are Magneto and Storm. The the rest just look/feel off. Especially Xavier and Mystique.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ya'll know that "X-Men: Apocalypse" is really "Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Part III" w/ more Jennifer Lawrence?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I saw it today, and I'd say it's... an X-Men movie. I enjoyed it less than First Class and Days of Future Past but that could be because the novelty is wearing off or because the story was more simplistic. I didn't care much for most of the new mutants but the main cast was still good, except Jennifer Lawrence whom I cannot stand so I'm biased.

The effects were good for the most part, there were some cool scenes, and as expected the Quicksilver scene once again stole the whole movie.

In summary, not really blah, not totally meh, just a massive shrug. I think the MCU stole any thunder this franchise could hope for, so I'm just waiting for it to evolve into something better one day.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I saw it today, and I'd say it's... an X-Men movie. I enjoyed it less than First Class and Days of Future Past but that could be because the novelty is wearing off or because the story was more simplistic. I didn't care much for most of the new mutants but the main cast was still good, except Jennifer Lawrence whom I cannot stand so I'm biased.

The effects were good for the most part, there were some cool scenes, and as expected the Quicksilver scene once again stole the whole movie.

In summary, not really blah, not totally meh, just a massive shrug. I think the MCU stole any thunder this franchise could hope for, so I'm just waiting for it to evolve into something better one day.
I honestly don't know how you can fuck up X-Men. That really seems almost impossible. Why did they decide to make this movie take place in the 80's? Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the actual plot.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Why did they decide to make this movie take place in the 80's? Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the actual plot.
Because they painted themselves into a corner at the end of the previous movie ending in the 60's, so when they want to use the same actors for the sequel, it's either "not too long later" or they have to get new actors, or they have to explain why everyone looks the same after nearly 60 years have passed (assuming you wanted it to happen in modern times).

Really though, the movie happening in the 80's was not one of the issues at all, there were other problems.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Quicksilver's bit was fun, the last fight was entertaining if a bit too anime for my liking*.

The rest of it? Boring. I actually considered walking out, which is a pretty rare occurrence.

Also, psylocke's costume actually did look pretty fucking ridiculous. That's not a SJW thing, angel looked even worse.

I think overall worse than BvS but close enough personal preference could tip it either way. The bad guys plan made at least a little sense, but the acting and cgi was worse (dishonorable mention to Fassbender for a personal worst) , pick your poison.

overcome the bad guy with the power of friendship and straining really hard? FFS

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Quicksilver's bit was fun, the last fight was entertaining if a bit too anime for my liking*.

The rest of it? Boring. I actually considered walking out, which is a pretty rare occurrence.

Also, psylocke's costume actually did look pretty fucking ridiculous. That's not a SJW thing, angel looked even worse.

I think overall worse than BvS but close enough personal preference could tip it either way. The bad guys plan made at least a little sense, but the acting and cgi was worse (dishonorable mention to Fassbender for a personal worst) , pick your poison.

overcome the bad guy with the power of friendship and straining really hard? FFS
Psylocke was ridiculous from start to finish in the movie, no idea why Apocalypse would surround himself with lame ass mutants like Angel or Psylocke, I kept wishing in the movie that we would have seen his ancient Egyptian Horsemen instead, those seemed super badass, especially the one that would crunch people into mangled balls, and the one that flayed people.

I also agree about Fassbender, whom I generally find to be an amazing actor. In this movie, several of his scenes, especially the most dramatic ones, felt.. off. I'm not sure if he was just not doing it right or if he was doing the best he could with a terrible script and especially dialogues, but yeah, it wasn't good.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looks like it's time for a reboot after this one.

X-Men: Apocalypse's Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why Fox Should Be Terrified

After Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence are done promoting X-Men: Apocalypse, their contractual obligations with 20th Century Fox's X-Men franchise will be complete. All three have expressed interest in re-upping their contracts, but now Lawrence says they are a package deal. If the studio wants them back, they'll have to re-sign all three.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I go to the cinema to see every Marvel/Comic film, I liked First Class and DOFP. I really thought this was a bad comic book film and probably one of the worst I've seen at the cinema.

It just felt stupid in lots of different ways and very disjointed. Olivia Munn didn't really have a lot to do other than give exaggerated and over acted looks at the camera, Sansa's accent was bad and it was just a very silly film

Fadaar

That guy

When you said the last fight was too anime I was about to ask if you meant.... exactly what your spoiler said. God dammit.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looks like it's time for a reboot after this one.

X-Men: Apocalypse's Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why Fox Should Be Terrified

After Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence are done promoting X-Men: Apocalypse, their contractual obligations with 20th Century Fox's X-Men franchise will be complete. All three have expressed interest in re-upping their contracts, but now Lawrence says they are a package deal. If the studio wants them back, they'll have to re-sign all three.
Damn.....i thought now was a great opportunity to dump jlaw

Malkav

French Madman
This sums it up.

rrr_img_134055.jpg