X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Trailer looks shit.

We have to believe that in the 70s/80s every single landmark on earth blew up? Did they rebuild all of that in secret or is my suspension of disbelief broken beyond repair now? Are they going to make it all a dream with time travel again like in the last one? Why did Apocalypse not awaken in the old time line?

It's going to be BvS bad.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Trailer looks shit.

We have to believe that in the 70s/80s every single landmark on earth blew up? Did they rebuild all of that in secret or is my suspension of disbelief broken beyond repair now? Are they going to make it all a dream with time travel again like in the last one? Why did Apocalypse not awaken in the old time line?

It's going to be BvS bad.
This is an entirely new time line altered by the events of the 60's in the previous film.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah but Wolverine is clearly in it and he's asleep or drowning or something. Or supposed to be in this 'timeline' which frankly Deadpool correctly described.

So....there's gonna be more to it. Gambit too...

I rarely say this but this one time maybe the nerds are right and we should all just shut the fuck up and enjoy this trainwreck. It might be good. I dunno. But it's a day 1 watch for me.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That X-2 throwback to having Wolverine just straight murder 20+ special forces guys? Yeah, I dig it.

Fuck I want the Deadpool cameo we deserve, but this shit all taking place in the 70's or 80's definitely going to put a damper on that.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The LGBT community is a huge audience now I guess.
That's great bait for the Gambit crowd, but I'm pretty sure as an actual fan of the X-Men, the LGBT has been running the show from the beginning. Like every actor in the first movie was gay you know. The movies are fucking awful. But I can't stop watching.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That trailer looks horrible but I liked the other two films enough to go see this one. I'm expecting to leave feeling about the same as I felt leaving the theater from X-3.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah actually now that I think of it, the Mcavoy and Fassbender movies have been good. I just fucking cant stand the direction they tend to take characters. Some folks touched upon how Cyclops was turned into a whiny bitch, but for me making Wolverine the focus of the series has been without a doubt the dumbest fucking choice ever (best choice they could make in terms of bringing this to the mainstream). But he is a fucking 4'8" hairy little shithead who usually gets left behind on missions, not a heartthrob who they trust to save them every fucking time. And he's a complete moron.

Fuck those first 3-4 movies kill me :/

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Cyclops and Jean are the cornerstone of the best marvel story lines. Also he is one of the few mutants to do this to apocalypse.

rrr_img_131941.jpg

And he likes his lawn clean.

rrr_img_131942.jpg

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Where's my Wakandan Iceman? Wtf.
Iceman has always been my greatest disappointment in the movies. He was a founding member and though he started out kinda weak, he really developed into a solid characters. He's one of my favorite characters of all time but you have to find the happy medium with him. He went from a snowman to freezing the water in your body over the years.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having seem the last Hunger Games, it is great to finally see the Mocking Jay step up and lead. She did a good job working with a team to take down a dictator. It will be interesting to see how well the Mocking Jay handles leading and training a team, to take down a being bent on destroying the world. I presume this takes place in between the end the Panem rebellion and her having kids.

Now that I think of it, Mocking Jay would have been a fitting name for her in the X-men.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Iceman once created a version of himself and let Angel kill him,snapping him out of control of the Apocalypse. Kinda expecting this to happen with Mystique and Magneto, but actually killing her off... leading him to do something like this (from Age of Apocalypse):

rrr_img_131943.jpg

Magneto will go sulk and eventually create one of his havens (Asteroid M, Genosha, whatever) leaving the X-Men w/ newly anointed leader Scott and a traumatized Charles who no longer goes into the field to set the stage for future movies. Then maybe we can get an X-tinction agenda or a proper Phoenix storyline after Spider-Man works out and Fox and Marvel get buddy buddy and bring the X-Men into the MCU late phase 4.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Then maybe we can get an X-tinction agenda or a proper Phoenix storyline after Spider-Man works out and Fox and Marvel get buddy buddy and bring the X-Men into the MCU late phase 4.
I'm not sure how Marvel doing Sony a solid with Spider-Man helps break the frost in the relationship between Marvel and Fox. That will take Fox running X-Men into the ground financially.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
It's been suggested I thought that if Spider-Man does well that we could see the other rights holders come calling and see more partnerships like that. Especially FF, X-Men probably less likely with Deadpool taking off and that universe expanding on multiple fronts (New Mutants movie and Legion series though not connected).

Absolutely some wishful thinking (that whole post is) but could see it happening if the $$$ is right. Maybe not even Phase 4.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Fox won't give X-men back until they've exhausted black, latino, and transgendered wolverines

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm not sure how Marvel doing Sony a solid with Spider-Man helps break the frost in the relationship between Marvel and Fox. That will take Fox running X-Men into the ground financially.
It would also mean a completely new X-Men reboot. Sony was willing to do that with Spidey after the meh that was Amazing Spider-man.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's been suggested I thought that if Spider-Man does well that we could see the other rights holders come calling and see more partnerships like that. Especially FF, X-Men probably less likely with Deadpool taking off and that universe expanding on multiple fronts (New Mutants movie and Legion series though not connected).
F4 yes, quite possibly. Fox has killed that property. X-Men is another kettle of fish entirely. Not only does it still make plenty of bank, but just as Hugh Jackman is ending his run as Wolverine in steps Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool to guarantee that Fox holds on to it for a good while longer even if the shiny starts to wear off the X-Men.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah and I don't see them ever letting go of it, just as Sony didn't let go of Spider-Man.