X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, I called it mediocre and got 12 negs. I just generally want to be able to rep someone more than once. Did you notice it was amod I said that to?

It's funny I just got another neg for insinuating it might not be mediocre. I bet xarpolis feels like a moron right about now.
Nerds get upset about their movies. I caught 20 negs from the Batman vs Superman thread alone, and some on Mad Max.

Wash the sand from your vagina. Mad Max was OK, BvS not OK.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
Are there actually some theater hipsters in here hating on Fury Road while defending this shitty X-Men movie or is this just a dumb derail?
Dumb derail, and Fury Road was a mediocre movie. Nothing "hipster" about not putting much behind a movie that was a 2 hour car chase with good CGI.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
lol, you think that's bad, try speaking your opinion on Star Wars: mediocre soft reboot.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This movie was... OK. Actually, it was close to good, but there were 2 huge flaws that brought the whole thing down.

1. Magneto's arc in this was just god awful terrible bad. So bad that if they had just copy+pasted his dialogue from the last movie instead of writing new stuff, it actually would have been better. This is compounded by the fact that it's the EXACT SAME Magneto moral arc they've done before, only worse.

2. They took all the complaints people have about Marvel movies and decided to cram them into this movie... disposable major villain, tons of characters introduced, whole major-story-comes-out-of-nowhere.

There was plenty of solid character writing and acting in the movie, it's just tainted by the terrible parts pretty heavily. They clearly have the ability to understand and produce the characters correctly because Nightcrawler wasspot onperfect, Beast was pretty great, etc.

I just am stuck thinking about how bad Magneto's part was. Like, so bad. I actually have no complaints about Apocalypse aside from the whole disposable-villain thing which they could retconn if they want to anyway later on, because compared to Magneto everyone else in the movie seemed coherent and well-written.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
tons of characters introduced
I don't see how that's a complaint for marvel, marvel studios is about the only one that has done well with multi characters, with the avengers and civil war it never felt like it was too much to me.

Meanwhile spiderman, fantastic four, xmen, bvs(maybe even suicide squad), have had their troubles with a lot of characters. Civil war had 12 heroes, 2 villains, and the best fighting scene in any comic book movie.

Xmen had 7 heroes and 4 villains in the end and it sucked. Emo nightcrawler sucked, muppet beast sucked, sad face apocalypse ivan ooze sucked, jennifer sucks and blows and sucks, cyclops wasn't a douche sucks, fox sucks. Fox needs to bring in Scarlet witch so she can whisper no more mutants. Quicksilver was good but now he's borderline speedforce broken in that universe.

Overall the movie was good! a solid 6/10.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't see how that's a complaint for marvel, marvel studios is about the only one that has done well with multi characters, with the avengers and civil war it never felt like it was too much to me.
Marvel has handled it fairly well, the point being Fox did the same idea and didn't do it right.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The more I think about this movie the more I realize how retarded the ending was. Take Magneto;

First movie? Almost starts nuclear/ww3
Second movie? Almost murders the president and every senior us official
Third movie? Murders hundreds of millions probably

Is charles a fucking retard? Just lets him walk away from all that? The dude is pure fucking evil.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The more I think about this movie the more I realize how retarded the ending was. Take Magneto;

First movie? Almost starts nuclear/ww3
Second movie? Almost murders the president and every senior us official
Third movie? Murders hundreds of millions probably

Is charles a fucking retard? Just lets him walk away from all that? The dude is pure fucking evil.
But at this point after DoFP none of that actually happened I thought?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
no, all of that happened in this time line. DOFP erased everything from the original X-Men trilogy, mostly X-3. ie cyclops/jean/prof-x/etc dying, and eventually, the sentinels taking over and destroying the world/wiping out the mutants.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Why would I feel like a moron? I must have missed something.
lol this guy. negs me in this thread because he thinks I'm crazy in love with mad max. Then after my post he sends me a PM claiming he never negged anyone. Dipshit must think negs are anonymous. This is the prototype chickenshit anonymous negger I guess.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
I did not mind the first two thirds of this movie, after that it went down hill pretty bad for me...

For me...

• The overall story line was very poor....
  • I was ok with most of the casting, Jean, Scott and so on. Psylocke was a bit meh, which I think most people commented on.
  • I think they made a mistake doing another QuickSilver solo special, they should of let someone else have the spotlight. It was the easy option for me.
  • Apocalypse, well he didn't really have much of a wow factor to him. And it kind of looks like they killed him off (why?)
  • I liked Arch Angel, looks like they killed him off (why?)
  • The end fight scene was just retarded. So Apocalypse just stands there in a protective bubble until Jane kills him.
  • Pretty sure Magneto killed a hell of a lot of people across the planet. And everyone is still buddy buddy with him...
  • Assuming there is a fourth movie in the series, I would prefer that we have no Magento and Mystique. They are kind of turning into the Lex Luther that MUST appear in every Super man movie (or son of)

I have not read any X Men Comics with Apocalypse in it. But the makers could of just taken a story line from this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0eTvbhXXMQ. Which was ok, and easily cut down as it contains a fair bit of fluff, and Apocalypse could of been given a bit more air time in it. And that would of been far better than what was given to us at the end of the day.

I really don't get how film-makers can take worlds like Star Wars, DC and Marvel which are super Petri dishes of creative opportunities, and deliver 5 out of 10 movies. Thankfully X-Men 3 is still the benchmark for the lowest point in this series of movies.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Granted, it's been years since I've watched X3, but going off of my memory of that movie, that's not the order I would put them in. It's just edgy to hate on pop culture these days. (Was RT even a thing when X3 was released?)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Like RT is the voice of reason lol

Both X3 and Xapoc are really bad but X3 is worse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user