X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I just saw this movie. It wasn't bad. It did deviated heavily from the cannon, but overall it wasn't bad.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
actually enjoyed it for the most part. Quicksilver sequence again makes me wonder why they can fucking absolutely nail 3 minutes of him but can't make it happen for the rest of the movie.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What? The Quicksilver scene was TERRIBLE in this movie. They absolutely proved the lightning doesn't strike twice, because they completely and thoroughly failed to recapture the magic of the Quicksilver scene from DoFP this time around. It was long, drawn out, repetitive, and over the top even for a comic book movie.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
What? The Quicksilver scene was TERRIBLE in this movie. They absolutely proved the lightning doesn't strike twice, because they completely and thoroughly failed to recapture the magic of the Quicksilver scene from DoFP this time around. It was long, drawn out, repetitive, and over the top even for a comic book movie.
That's pretty much exactly what I said after watching it in theaters months ago, and yet I constantly see people here talking about how great it was. I don't get it. It was shit, through and through.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
That's pretty much exactly what I said after watching it in theaters months ago, and yet I constantly see people here talking about how great it was. I don't get it. It was shit, through and through.

It was technically neat, I just didn't find it very useful in context. In DOFP he saved what was probably a no-win situation even for very powerful mutants without (seriously) hurting anybody. This time they had him play fireman. It just wasn't a good use of FX budget or his powers.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's a fun scene that's completely out of context. For a movie that's otherwise forgettable, it's understandable that people would pick out that scene as good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The movie isn't forgettable at all, or at least it wasn't for me. The shittiness of the movie really stuck with me. The single worst thing about the movie was not Ivan Apocalooze, it was the unbelievably terrible dialogue. Like when Magneto is yelling at the sky after his family dies. You can get away with writing that thing in a book because at best the reader imagines a vague version of the scene before continuing the story. In a movie? Good god, you know the dialogue is bad when even Michael Fassbender can't deliver the lines without making me cringe. And that dude even made those cheesy lines from Stelios in 300 sound good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It definitely wasn't a good movie. Usually my bar for "bad movie" is how many times a character or the plot itself does something that makes no sense. Basically, my wtf meter being tripped. That magneto scene was one. The dialogue was bad but I especially disliked the policeman getting a twofer with what I guess was a handheld ballista.

That said, I was watching the movie in bits and pieces while playing HS and WoW...so maybe I didn't catch all the terrible.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dude, Angel was listening to The Four Horsemen by Metallica when Apocalypse showed up. That's how bad this movie was.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I watched this shit pile on a flight for free and still feel ripped off. Way to destroy a great character!

• 2Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This was just... Awful.

Didn't even watch the final 10 minutes. Just couldn't hang on any longer.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it was. Dragging out that scene with terrible slowed-down dialogue gave the viewer time to anticipate Jean going super saiyan. People that know the characters from the comics pretty much expected it. But within the movie itself, the only time she demonstrates her power is boiling the walls in her sleep. But this happens while Apocalypse is fucking with Cerebro, so you have no concrete isolated demonstration of her potential. Apocalypse enhanced other mutants, so maybe he was magnifying hers?

It was just a hair short of deus ex machina delivered in eye-rolling fashion in a scene that already sucked(let's just blast him!).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've already mentioned this nitpick before, but why the fuck was she manifesting the phoenix anima anyway? In the original continuity phoenix was just a split personality from the professor fucking with her head. Did phoenix arbitrarily get reverted back to a cosmic entity in this continuity or was it just random stupidity that will end up making no sense when they do the major phoenix reveal?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watched this tonight and it was ok. I laugh at the absurdity of Magneto and Charle's relationship because Magneto just killed millions of people and at the end of the movie it's "cya later buddy!".

I watched some of the deleted scenes and man the "mall scene" is really fucking cringe worthy.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just have to repeat this movie killed the Xmen for me. I'm done with Xmen while Fox has control.

• 1Solidarity