X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do you remember the "What If...?" after X-Cutioner's Song, where Xavior was able to walk again? Or shit, maybe that was an actual X-Men issue and the What If was if Xavior had died. It's been too long.
is this when xavier is pal'in around with everyone's favorite Jubilee? i believe that was an aftermath issue, he was able to walk for like half a day.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That is the issue I mention above, #297

And I like Jubilee, you fuckers. She used to be cool when she was introduced.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yup, it was Xavior & Jubilee. I wonder if I could find a picture on the net... outside of the issue that's in my basement.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh, I found a torrent of it. Uploaded the issue to imgur for whomever wants to read it. Keep in mind there is NO action this issue. It's a day in the life of the X-Men when shit isn't hitting the fan. I like how it ended. Click on the image below to read the full issue. I deleted all of the old SNES & Sega Genesis advertisements, so it's only the story.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's funny is that I never saw or heard about the Xavier comes back mid-credits scene in X-3, so until I read about it on here I was wondering how the fuck he was alive if the events of X-3 happened in the future timeline.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
HBO is free this weekend and they had this movie playing. i kept forgetting to watch it. i didnt know it was a sequel to first class. had me confused as all hell with charles being alive and the earth being destroyed by uber robots. then logan went back in time and i was like WHOA! movie was pretty cool. i like how they retconned Ratner's xmen 3 right the fuck out of there. i guess it had to be done if they wanted to continue the franchise.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you're talking about Future Charles still being alive, I was also confused because I didn't know he body swapped his braindead twin or whatever the fuck happened in the post credits scene of X-3.

But yes, X 1-3 and the Origins movies are all retconned, which makes me wonder what the plan is for the third Wolverine standalone.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
which makes me wonder what the plan is for the third Wolverine standalone.
tumblr_inline_mzmd21ORdb1riy9bg.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If you're talking about Future Charles still being alive, I was also confused because I didn't know he body swapped his braindead twin or whatever the fuck happened in the post credits scene of X-3.

But yes, X 1-3 and the Origins movies are all retconned, which makes me wonder what the plan is for the third Wolverine standalone.
i did stick around for the post credits of x3, but i never saw that as charles returning to the franchise, more that he didnt actually die and was living out the rest of his life in retirement or until they needed him to return. seeing him back and in his regular body like nothing happened was what shocked me. i am one of the few people who actually enjoyed x3. for the spectacle of it, mostly. they really amped shit up for that movie. not for nothing but those sentinels did basically the same thing in this movie. did i miss how they became so super advanced? were those designed by bolivar or was it like a matrix/skynet thing where they became self aware and started designing and building better killbots on their own?

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
The Sentinels being so advanced is the major plot in the movie, I don't know how you missed that...

Go back in time to stop mystique from being captured and providing the reason to flag the Sentinel program. As part of that Mystique is dissected and the secrets of her morphing are ported over to the Sentinels (so they can adapt to attacks).

Caliane

X3, where an internet meme became a real thing in a movie.

"I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"
Also where everyone realized Ellen Page is totally gay.

The Sentinels getting superadvanced is a bit of, "wizard did it". Yes, the movie says somehow Mystiques blood is the key. which makes little sense. you can take it for face value. I prefer the "it was a red herring" 12 monkeys style though. Rogue also vanishes some time in the future. And, the Sentinels stealing/replicating powers makes way more sense when you consider that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the implication is that Rogue vanished immediately after X-3 when she went back to be cured. And if I were speculating, I would guess that the super sentinels wouldn't be capable of making use of Rogue's ability to steal powers without having already incorporated Mystique's abilities. So the sentinels would still be extremely dangerous, but it's Rogue's power that makes them truly unstoppable. There was a scene with Rogue that was cut that showed something to do with Iceman and Magneto rescuing her, so apparently she was still supposed to be alive in the future, but the damage was already done with regards to the sentinel upgrades.