X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Caliane

mephisto has been in everything.

he is the one that stole Doom's mother's soul.
He is the one that spiderman sold his soul, his wifes soul and unborn daughters soul to to make Aunt May live again.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
mephisto has been in everything.

he is the one that stole Doom's mother's soul.
He is the one that spiderman sold his soul, his wifes soul and unborn daughters soul to to make Aunt May live again.
This,

Mephisto has been in a huge number of comics. There are many devil/demons in marvel universe Mephisto is one the top Lords of the bunch and the go to devil when marvel wants to bring a satan type character into a storyline.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Say what?
Spiderman revealed his secret identity during Marvel's Civil War story arc. He sided with Tony Stark in favor of mutant/superhero registration and later changed sides and got completely and utterly fucked over. Later Kingpin would hire an assassin that ended up shooting Aunt May. Spiderman did absolutely everything he could to try and save her including seeking help from basically everyone. He was a fugitive at the time so a bunch of people told him to go fuck himself (including Tony) but Jarvis would end up throwing down the cash necessary for her medical care.

So there isn't anyone anywhere that can help Aunt May. So Mephisto comes to Parker in the guise of a little girl and offers to save Aunt May's life if exchange for Spiderman's marriage. There's some back and forth about souls (Mephisto doesn't want his, people who sacrifice themselves in such a manner see their torment as noble and are thus pointless to flay) and eventually Parker goes through with it. Mephisto then reveals what he was really after. Be separating Peter Parker and Mary Jane their daughter to be, May Parker, will never exist. She would have combined the best of both of them and been a powerful force for good. One that Mephisto would prefer never be. That was the form he took when he approached Parker. That of his unborn daughter.

So Peter Parker is back to living with his geezer aunt, he never got married, an entire years worth of continuity involving Spiderman getting organic webshooters by becoming the avatar of spiders (or something, I forget exactly how that went) is wiped away, and Harry Osborne is back alive along with some other small tweaks. Absolutely no one remembers Spiderman's secret identity either. That was part of the deal.

Basically it was all one big excuse to retcon away Peter's marriage and bring the character more in line with the films. Fans hated it. It still gets brought up all the time. It pisses me off because I was really interested in seeing where they were going to take the character after the Civil War and rather than try they pussied out. Years later there would be a sequel (One Moment in Time) where despite massive backlash the One More Day story arc stands and too bad.

Right now Peter Parker and Doctor Octopus have switched bodies and Peter died while in Doc Ock's. Spiderman is actually Doctor Octopus in Peter Parker's body running around pretending to be him. And brainwiped Peter's memories when they surfaced. Peter is also stone dead in the Ultimate universe. The consensus is that Peter just believes he's Doc Ock and it'll all fix itself eventually.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Apocalypse is going to suck. I just know they going to ruin him. Too bad as he is my favorite X-men villain.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
in the current comics wolverine is fucking around with (i keep on forgetting) either the clone of apocalypse (they use his real name en sabur nur or whatever) or his son? basically kid apocalypse is enrolled in the jean grey school of wolverine fuck uppery.

they won't have any cool apocalypse stories, they'll just have wolverine meets apocalyse, i can feel it in my bones they're gonna fuck it up by using wolvie.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I'm hoping it's Age of Apocalypse, not the throw-away story arcs they did with the Original Animated X-Men.

Props if they can get a decent Mr. Sinister.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah Apocalypse is a terrible character. He has never been anywhere near as cool as he should be and indeed his most significant contribution to storytelling over the past several decades was solely as the impetus behind the Age of Apocalypse which was itself interesting because of the alternate history and versions of characters and not at all about Apoc himself.

If Thanos is a poor man's Darkseid then Apocalypse is the TJ Maxx knockoff of Thanos. His supposed motivation of waiting for an age when mutants are strong enough to take over the world and inciting conflict to test their strength is a common enough trope for an all powerful manipulator. His mutant power is pretty much deus ex machina with him able to do pretty much anything a writer wants him to do which leads to a lot of laziness as well as moderately inexplicable ways in which he is defeated.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, doing Days of Future Past at all sets a good precedent for doing non-linear stories. So it sort of opens the door for AoA. Or rather, some bastardized version of it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I just don't see them doing AoA right after DoFP unless one led right into the other very naturally somehow. 2 alternate timeline/future movies back to back I'd think might be hard to pull off. I see it as more of an origin thing, have to deal with horsemen and stuff, set it up to come back to Age of Apocalypse in some form a couple movies from now.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Maybe Apocalypse 2016 means Fox will asplode in that year and Marvel will get all these rights back. I can hope, right?