X-Men: Days of Future Past.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I read all of the X books as a kid, and still have them. I can't remember how they beat Apocalypse. He's insanely powerful, and they'd need an Omega level mutant on the team to make a dent. I've been contemplating reading the old issues. I think he made his first appearance in X Factor.
haven't read any x-men comics in over 20 years, but in the comic books didn't the 4 horsemen along with archangel finally defeat apocalypse? think it was during x-cutioner's song.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Keg to a point. Movie was just OK to slightly above average. Not as good as 1st Class, but better than the other X-Men movies of late. Not nearly as good as Cap2. 6.5/10.

Good Points:
-Fassbender as Magneto is pretty goddamned awesome. You really get a sense that other mutants have almost no chance vs him when he's wearing that helmet and Charles can't get inside his head. Without Cyclops, Storm or Jean Grey around nobody could even touch him.
-Beast throwing Wolverine around in the house was kind of cool.
-Quicksilver scenes were the best action in the movie by far and really well done.
-The Zapruder style camera work in Paris was a cool period touch.
-The Retro Sentinels are done pretty well considering it's a new design.
-This movie essentially reboots the Xmen franchise and allows you to cast new actors for future installments in the vein of 1st Class. In that sense this is one of the better reboot movies of late since X3 was dogshit and anything that excises that malignant cyst of a movie is a good thing.
Weak Points:
-All the future action stuff is rendered pointless since the timeline resets, which kills any tension these scenes may have. This is the biggest problem with the movie, as once they send Wolverine back, there's basically no point showing anything happening here.
-Future sentinels are way too strong for it to only be what? 20 years past present day considering the age of Iceman? No way has tech expanded that rapidly. Especially if most of mankind is wiped out. I agree that numbers should have been their biggest advantage.
-As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, how did Trask capture and kill all those mutants? Especially Azazel, a very powerful teleporter?
-Lots of focus on DNA in the 70s. They're just now barely past the point where computing power allows us to look at DNA. In the 70s? Forget about it, that kind of thing was decades away, highly doubtful they'd be able to store DNA off of small blood sample for that long and have it be useful.
-The pacing of the movie is a bit slow in places, I was kind of bored during the part where Charles finally comes around. Although McAvoy really does well with the role.

So the next movie is supposed to be vs Apocalypse, right? How exactly are you supposed to even beat that guy? Have you checked out his power list? I mean really, it looks like they just kept adding powers to his stat sheet just for laughs.
you forgot the one about people having superpowers - that seemed pretty bullshit too.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did one of the X-Men anally rape Kegz as a child? I ask because he seems extremely fucking butthurt here.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Not to beat a dead horse, because Keg certainly has that under control, but I did think the love triangle was pretty lame. However, I think the cast as a whole was so great I can look past a lot of the less than stellar story elements. Move was fun. I probably won't ever watch it again.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
I'm still trying to figure out what Magneto's point in this movie was. They didn't need him, just convince Charles to get his powers back, that was it. He didn't really have a purpose in this movie.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm still trying to figure out what Magneto's point in this movie was. They didn't need him, just convince Charles to get his powers back, that was it. He didn't really have a purpose in this movie.
That's more retarded than anything Keg could have posted.

What was Hanks purpose? Just to fly the plane? Hur hur. Derp.

Magneto is one of the two stars in both past and future. He tried to kill Mystique. He's Charles main foil. He lends credibility to how dire the threat is if he's willing to join back up. He was a constant exposition throughout the film, etc..etc..etc..

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
you can't have a good chick flick unless the girl has two potential romantic interests.

khalid

Unelected Mod
You seem to have some hangups about women and love bro. You aren't thinking about killing anyone, are you?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
that raises a good point. ive been balls deep in so much pussy lately maybe ive got zero tolerance for any pussy shit in an xmen movie.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've fucked 6 of the 7 hottest chicks at my high school. Do you smoke pot, bro? Only pussies don't smoke pot.

spronk

FPS noob
how did magneto control those sentinels anyways, he just rammed some train tracks up their asses and they became puppets? I don't know much about robots but I didn't think that would work