Xbox Megathread

spronk

FPS noob
way too early to be useful but people have built their own custom external SSD m.2 drives (supported by the OS) using chinese enclosures.

www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/pkgj7a/diy_expansion_cardcfexpress_type_b_to_m2_m_key/

pretty neat, Seagate had a 1 year exclusive deal with Microsoft on external high speed drives so that should end in Nov, maybe after that we'll see more third party drives and maybe even some 2TB drives. A little kit that lets you plug in any m.2 nvme gen3 drive would be awesome. The architecture isn't as fast as PS5 drives but still pretty fast.

between Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite, Flight Sim 2020, and Destiny 2 its a huge chunk of drive space. I still have nearly 6TB of games on my USB drive, pretty much install everything on gamepass in case I ever wanna fuck with something weird. So far loving the hell out of Hades though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
external high speed drives
More like "barely average speed drives being sold at a 200% markup".

I agree that hooking up a Samsung 980 Pro probably do you much good with Series X, but at least you'll be able to buy the best drive it can actually make use of for what it's really worth (~$100-120/TB).

spronk

FPS noob
big rumors running around that Microsoft is about to drop $15-20 billion on another purchase. Could be Take Two (owns Rockstar GTA / RDR) which is worth around $17b. I think EA and Activision are worth much more and not really franchise rich.

Dunno who else, maybe some big Japanese dev or Ubisoft or CDPR

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Square Enix or Take Two - one of the two.

I would bet on SE though - they have been dying in the Japanese market since inception.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
WB Games was in the mix at some point for a rumored acquisition too right? Would line up with some chatter about Microsoft trying to get a Spider-Man-quality exclusive using DC IP I thought I saw headlines for recently.

Whatever, looking forward to whatever comes of this, if anything.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Usually buy outs, consolidation, and less competition is a bad thing... but with Game Pass, it really feels like these MS acquisitions are a win for the consumers.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
New Edge update. Heard you can play xcloud from console browser now. Go to the page, the cursor disappears and page locks. Now every time I open Edge it opens to a page that is frozen and I can't navigate away from.

Browser is a fucky mess on console for other things too. And looks like ass with terrible proportions.

MS never ceases to amaze me. In a year it will be fine, though.

Edit: apparently some sites, despite being on console with a controller, the page disables the controller and you have to press-hold the menu button to reenable browsing. Every time. On sites that make no sense to not have browsing. And the first 5 pages I opened were disabled before the message popped up saying how to reenable browsing. Just MS things.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's weird, Dolby Vision has been working on my Series X games for quite a while now.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
we've heard you're having a hard time buying an xbox, but what if...

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
xbox series x's are now being sold in target as they come in, a bunch of people on twitter scored today morning generally said there were 3-5 (or 0) at their target at open. PS5's are still online only at Target.