Xbox Megathread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
i bought star wars squadrons for $15 and finished it, game sucks. characters and story are just bland as fuck, and i've been on a huge recent star wars kick watching Clone Wars and Rebels.

still, i'll download on xbox and fuck around, its nice as just a play-multiplayer-for-20-minutes game but it feels pretty janky too

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just installed Forza Horizon 4, and shit is this a good time. Lol

Probably get bored with it after a little while but it seems like a really fun time to get in, race a little, and then log out if you want.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Forza Horizon 4 (and 3 for that matter) is pretty fun and I find I keep going back to it. The racing is actually decent, and the variety is top notch. I'm weird and like to race "regular" cars, though, so being able to drive a classic Bronco or just drive a low end Audi is fun to me. The multiplayer stuff isn't too rage enducing. The playground games kinda fun. Looks great on Series X. Retarded outfits. Overall just a good game.

Anyone try Wreckfest? Multiplayer servers taking a shit, so is laggy, warping, pinball physics engine mess. Kind of a shame.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i have 200+ hours in FH4, its a fantastic game with a fuck ton to do. You can get a couple hundred thousand credits every week with forza rewards too, depending on how many forza games you have played

Dirt 5 is also pretty fun and just got on gamepass recently. not "i paid $60" fun, but "this is awesome for free"

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was about to say spronk spronk is a fiend for Forza games. I haven’t played FH4 yet but loved 3 and F7.

Crone

yeah i have 200+ hours in FH4, its a fantastic game with a fuck ton to do. You can get a couple hundred thousand credits every week with forza rewards too, depending on how many forza games you have played

Dirt 5 is also pretty fun and just got on gamepass recently. not "i paid $60" fun, but "this is awesome for free"
Does Xbox PC or Xbox console keep track of play times on either? Or only if the game itself supports it?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Time driven is 59 hours in Horizon 4, but have driven my Audi RS 3 for 74 hours. Does that mean for 15 hours I was sitting in the car not moving as I browsed the forums? Checks out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Ain't kidding there is a ton to do! Honestly don't even need to look at the world map that much, just use your nav to go to a race or influence. Really tickles that "completionist" vibe I sometimes get where I love knocking shit off the map, but then more shit shows up!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Question about Forza Horizon 4:

I've never played the forza series, does it have a good fleshed out single-player campaign kinda like Need for Speed Heat?

not interested in multiplayer at all

Crone

Question about Forza Horizon 4:

I've never played the forza series, does it have a good fleshed out single-player campaign kinda like Need for Speed Heat?

not interested in multiplayer at all
I'd say yes. Every race that I've done so far asks me how I want to play it. Solo, Coop, etc. And there is a separate button for multiplayer/online. The cars you see around the world are drivatars computer-controlled.

I just keep using "Anna" the GPS and saying I want to race to have it lead me to races over and over. Cross-Country races are by far my favorite. Was just plowing through snow and then drifted around on the beach for a minute. Was awesome.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
But there's not an actual storyline campaign?

Kind of. There are organizers of the festival, and as you level up certain types of racing they point you to more events and eventually get a big finale style race. Are also showcase races against like trains and jets. And character progression with outfits and animations, plus car progression with skill points. Not quite like missions with challenges around a story, but it's more of a pure racer. They do a good job making the events feel like part of the world and progression. But not strictly a narrative story.

spronk

FPS noob
there are also a dozen 7-10 mission mini campaigns, like Drive modded cars from A to B in a certain time or do twitch stream recreations from classic car games for a chick streamer. Its a campaign like Gran Turismo or really almost every car game (Dirt, Driveclub, etc) where progressing through missions unlocks more tiers/missions and new styles, with a lot of VA and extra stuff tossed in. But its not like Ace Combat or the shitty Need for Speed games where there is a central character and story driving the missions.

Its a 10/10 game no matter how you slice it, and now its on steam and cross play so the number of people who are always playing is just massive. Huge car library too, 800+ cars to get and each can have its own skin, tuning, etc and you can download and share them. There is also casual and ranked online racing, these are the rewards just for this week

9p77h8du61l61.jpg

this is an ingame shot, not RL

4oh0h4bbx6m61.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

there are also a dozen 7-10 mission mini campaigns, like Drive modded cars from A to B in a certain time or do twitch stream recreations from classic car games for a chick streamer. Its a campaign like Gran Turismo or really almost every car game (Dirt, Driveclub, etc) where progressing through missions unlocks more tiers/missions and new styles, with a lot of VA and extra stuff tossed in. But its not like Ace Combat or the shitty Need for Speed games where there is a central character and story driving the missions.

Its a 10/10 game no matter how you slice it, and now its on steam and cross play so the number of people who are always playing is just massive. Huge car library too, 800+ cars to get and each can have its own skin, tuning, etc and you can download and share them. There is also casual and ranked online racing, these are the rewards just for this week

9p77h8du61l61.jpg

this is an ingame shot, not RL

4oh0h4bbx6m61.png
Are all those rewards from online play? Do you get to the point where stuff stops getting added to your map? Like I'm dirt racing level 6, does it finally tap out where these "DLC" type races/rewards added on the weekly basis is then what's left to do?

Played for another little bit last night and continues to be super fun. Kids all hover around and watch as well and they love it. Lol

Vorph

I played it at release until the first time the season changed to winter. 30 minutes of that shit was enough and by the time the season ended I'd completely lost interest in the game as a whole.

Do you still have to deal with that every few weeks, or did they make it so you could ignore the seasons for the open world stuff at some point? Was thinking about installing it on my XSX to see how it plays on the big screen since I only ever played PC before, but not worth the bother if forced seasons is still a thing.

Crone

I played it at release until the first time the season changed to winter. 30 minutes of that shit was enough and by the time the season ended I'd completely lost interest in the game as a whole.

Do you still have to deal with that every few weeks, or did they make it so you could ignore the seasons for the open world stuff at some point? Was thinking about installing it on my XSX to see how it plays on the big screen since I only ever played PC before, but not worth the bother if forced seasons is still a thing.
Why you hate seasons?! I'm in Winter right now, and it's amazing! LOL git gud at driving on slippery roads breh!

Vorph

No thanks, I drive in real major snowfall areas enough without having to deal with that shit in my games too. If FH4 had a user setting for season I'd never change it from Fall.

spronk

FPS noob
seasons change every friday cycling through all 4. you can manually set the season for any event so if you hate winter you can do everything in just summer mode

Crone Crone re: maps, yeah after a while the map stops adding new icons. basically when you unlock all the modes and regions, which isn't really that far into the game. There is a mix of single player races, and then the weekly forza event type stuff. I just play an hour or two a week and check to see if any give a reward for a car I don't have (painful process to figure it out), its pretty easy.

If you enjoy FH4 I'd definitely recommend checking out Forza Horizon 3 if you can still get it, in many ways I think that game is better. FH4 is game mechanics better, but its in a boring ass location. FH3 is set in Australia and is pretty amazing to look at. FH2 is set in Italy and is also drop dead gorgeous, FH1 is set in Colorado but 360 only (but runs on any xbox if you own it, not sure you can buy it digitally anymore).

Vorph

Sadly, FH3 isn't on Game Pass and you can't even buy it anymore (besides something like 3rd party sellers on Amazon for a physical copy) because they tagged it end-of-life late last year.