XCOM 2

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Does this directly sell a CD key or what? I mean, will I be waiting for said CD key like is often the case with GMG or do they have them from an already generated list ?
I got an email with a link, entered phone number for a SMS msg with a pin, entered that and it says "your code will be available slightly before release date".

Sulrn

Deuces
Finishing up another EW play through and appreciating all rebalancing they threw into the game as a result of the expansion. I felt cheated after finishing EU due to the lack of options and the marketing hype at release and didn't touch any of the DLC or EW for at least a year after it released. Sitting back it's nice to see a franchise really develop over time. I never played the original Xcom games, but starting at EU and looking at EW and now XCom 2, first time since ME2 that I've been genuinely excited about a sequel or a game in general.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Finishing up another EW play through and appreciating all rebalancing they threw into the game as a result of the expansion. I felt cheated after finishing EU due to the lack of options and the marketing hype at release and didn't touch any of the DLC or EW for at least a year after it released. Sitting back it's nice to see a franchise really develop over time. I never played the original Xcom games, but starting at EU and looking at EW and now XCom 2, first time since ME2 that I've been genuinely excited about a sequel or a game in general.
Long war mod while you wait, so good!

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Psi-ops looks op as hell
One thing I am wondering about for Psi-ops is the stasis shield ability. The one that makes one of your teammates immune to damage but unable to move or take actions for a turn. Will the aliens just ignore that soldier? Or will they continue to attack it despite the fact that they can't damage it? Either way it's a pretty great ability but if they continue to attack the immune soldier it could be pretty OP.

Sulrn

Deuces
Chances are it makes them immune to targeting. Also, don't forget it can be used on enemies as well.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pre-ordered this with that GMG discount other day. Always love me some Xcom.

Krag

Peasant
Pretty cool news.

Long War Studios preparing XCOM 2 content for launch

We are happy to announce Long War Studios, the developers behind the Long War total-conversion mod for XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within, has partnered with Firaxis Games and 2K for XCOM 2.

The Long War Studios team, which is comprised of John Lumpkin, Rachel ?Amineri? Norman and James ?JCLewis? Karlson, is currently hard at work on multiple mods for XCOM 2. These mods are currently slated to be available at launch on February 5, 2016. We?ll have more information about the content of these mods soon.

Going to PAX South? Don?t miss the Firaxis Megapanel on Saturday, January 30th at 12:30pm CT (10:30am PT/1:30pm ET) for EXCLUSIVE live gameplay of XCOM 2, as well as information on the mod tools from the developers and Long War Studios? John Lumpkin. Not at PAX South? You can watch the panel LIVE atTwitch.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol. I always thought Johnnylump was sort of a weird pseudonym, guess it's not so weird.

In other news, Beagle already got overwatch traps nerfed and the game isn't even out yet. Granted it was pretty ridiculous and is a big part of why he was cruising so easily through legend. Basically you set your concealed team up in an overwatch trap, leaving one guy out in the open to activate the enemy pod on their turn. Since they didn't start the turn active, all they do is scatter for cover after triggering your ambush, so you effectively get two free turns, not to mention overwatch from concealment gets no aim penalty. I can't remember exactly how they nerfed it and can't find where I initially read what the change was, but your initial concealment ambush will still be very powerful, it just won't automatically destroy the first pod you encounter with no risk to you.

Krag

Peasant
Did they specify anything? All I saw was Jake Solomon saying on twitter that there will be some changes in response to that particular tactic, which I personally think if perfectly fine. As silly as the scamper mechanic is (and I've yet to see anyone with a better solution to the problem) leaving one guy out in the open to deliberately get discovered feels wrong to me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I suspect they'll make the 'itchy trigger tentacle' second wave option from EU the default in XCom 2. That will make it not worth the risk to use one of your quality soldiers as bait just to take out a single pod, and if you really want to waste a squad slot bringing a red shirt on every mission, that's certainly your prerogative.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I assume they'll find a way to deal with the cheese. I had some ridiculous Assault/Sniper teams.

Sulrn

Deuces
Did they specify anything? All I saw was Jake Solomon saying on twitter that there will be some changes in response to that particular tactic, which I personally think if perfectly fine. As silly as the scamper mechanic is (and I've yet to see anyone with a better solution to the problem) leaving one guy out in the open to deliberately get discovered feels wrong to me.
IRL it's a legit guerilla tactic though. Send the scout out to lure the enemy into an ambush.