XCOM 2

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She wasn't man enough to give Long War more than a couple days, I don't think she likes turn based strategy as much as she thinks.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
She wasn't man enough to give Long War more than a couple days, I don't think she likes turn based strategy as much as she thinks.
I gave it like 20 hours. (I was sick with allergies) I loved the combat on the maps but the air game was garbage.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Long War is serious business. SRS BSNS
Apparently! I hadnt heard of the mod till this thread. I went and got the mod. I started playing the mod on classic difficulty based in Canada, because why not, eh? On my fourth fucking mission I had a large cargo ufo fly over Canada, waltz through 3 of my 4 planes and just ignore/avoid the last one, and then land in Canada in deepest Saskatchewan somewhere, so I sent a squad. Twenty nine aliens. TWENTY-FUCKING-NINE of the bastards! A pack of floaters, then a pack of thin men, then a pack of chryssalids, then a second pack of only 3 chryssalids but with a zombie for some reason, another floater pack, and then for the finale 5 guzman trooper thingies and 4 more floaters at the same time. And all this against my pack of newbs with 3 promotions between them. Fucking hell...

I gained more than one level in save-scumming, is all I can say. Thank god the chryssalids came in 2 nice tight clumps and my rockets cooperated.... Fuck!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, if you get a month 1 supply ship landing, it's actually entirely optional whether you take it on or let them complete their mission and fly off. And it is damn near impossible to do without save scumming.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have any idea why this game lags so fucking bad on mobile GPUs? (Nvidia). I can run it at max settings on my much older CPU (think 600s generation NVidia card). But my prior laptop, and this one (mobile 800s generation) both have the game crawling. And its not just framerate in battle, its loading times too. This is a laptop that can run Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition at High settings with no problem at all, so I am really confused :\

Raes

Vyemm Raider
EU had a problem with, I think in one of the DLCs, some infinite loop somewhere that would gradually increase your loading times. EW had a problem with using your integrated Intel graphics instead of your gpu. Try googling.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I did, saw the integrated graphics problem, and applied the fix to that, but it didn't seem to help
frown.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh weird, that's not the plot I was thinking they were going for.

I was actually assuming that all the MELD based tech made XCOM susceptible to alien indoctrination and they ended up winning even after you blew up the temple ship. And that the human soldiers in the black suits in the trailer were going to be enhanced former XCOM agents.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's stupid, and entirely inconsistent with Jake Solomon's tweet that the volunteer was still alive, which he only tweeted like 6 months ago, so they were well into development of XCom 2 at that point. Their whole idea of 'you never made it out of conventional weapons' is completely retarded. Not only are laser weapons one of the very first research projects in the game, but the gollop chamber to augment the volunteer is literally the very last step of the game and you can only do it after you have completely dismantled every aspect of the alien invasion and mastered all of their technology, as well as having developed the volunteer to the very pinnacle of his psionic potential. If 'you never made it out of conventional weapons' than you never made a volunteer in the first place.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You can beat I/I with just conventional weapons. I still used upgraded weapons on my Interceptors, cause I hate that part of the game anyway, but probably possible there too.