XCOM 2

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah Stun Lancers have to be a priority, since they also have a chance to stun or KO you.

*edit*

Well shit, might be time for campaign #3 already. Avatar project just hit max, giving me 3 weeks to knock a bar off. I was already in the middle of contacting a region to hit a black site, but I think I'm once again too far behind. Thought I was setting a pretty good pace this time, maybe I was waiting too long to hit the very first black site and that's why I fell behind.

Since I just triggered a retaliation mission I'm gonna call it a night and see if this campaign is still viable in the morning.

Sulrn

Deuces
So I learned to never try to melee a Centurion today. Second play through is going better and quite a ways in and have only lost 1 Soldier so far. Sadly It was one of my leaders.
frown.png

Losing on the geoscape though. Maxing out contacts then not being able to take another blacksite until you get a new contact slot blows. Gatecrasher non tutorial is so much better than tutorial Gatecrasher(exp start wise).

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I have now seen every enemy shown in the prerelease (Gatekeeper being the latest one), I have all Plasma Weapons but I am lacking supplies for Warden Armor. Got a decent network going, although Advent did just complete the Avatar Project, but I was on the way to blow up a facility anyhow so they lost 3 bars. That was the mission I first saw the gatekeeper on, I don't like how you can't take any corpses from the Blacksites, because they all get blown up
frown.png

I have come to the firm conclusion that there is absolutely no way to ever have enough supplies or Elerium Cores in this game, there is just so much shit to build and research. I have a bunch of engineers with their dicks in their hands cause the Avenger is completely cleaned out but I can't afford to build facilities to put them in, I am also out of research until I get a Gatekeeper Autopsy. I still haven't built the Shadow Chamber or a Psi Lab... should probably get on that eventually.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Playing on the next to highest difficulty since TB said in his video that the middle one was too easy.

Missions went fine.

Then... camp is attacked. Panic mission.. Rescue civilians, who they named this time. Scottie NOOOOO

Kind of feels like they did a Bloodborne compared to the Souls series. Added a mechanic that forces me away from my "move an inch and overwatch" mentality from the previous game. Timed missions, and I am sure they also go after the civilians in missions like this more effectively than the last game. Could end up saving everyone there. Not sure if that is even possible with this game.

Did my first reload.
frown.png

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How the fuck do you save stunned soldiers? That is some bullshit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Kind of feels like they did a Bloodborne compared to the Souls series. Added a mechanic that forces me away from my "move an inch and overwatch" mentality from the previous game. Timed missions, and I am sure they also go after the civilians in missions like this more effectively than the last game. Could end up saving everyone there. Not sure if that is even possible with this game.
Its possible.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I have things I have to do, and things I want to do.

All I want to do is play XCom 2.

The first one didn't click for me completely like this one has. I played the shit out of it, but not when it first came out, and even when I played it a lot, there were parts of it that annoyed me.

Not the case this go round. They really hit the sweet spot of challenge versus endorphin rush reward. Goddamn. I can't spend a whole other day playing it, but the temptation is pretty strong.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just had a bug completely fuck my Ironman campaign. Waited 3 days for a supply drop and it ended up somehow having me wait like 50 days. Avatar Project went to 1 bar from completion from 4.

Feels bad man.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah thats another reason why I didn't jump straight into Iron Man. When I played Long War on Iron Man, I periodically made a copy of my save file on the desktop so I had a backup.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Ugh i need a mod like long war that increases battle speed by 2x at least... forgot how slow xcom is without it... Feels like I'm watching 90% cut scene and im doing stuff 10% of the time
frown.png

Crazily

N00b
I have had a bug where melee Slash on rangers walks to the wrong target and attacks. Verified/duplicated it several times....nasty.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have had a bug where melee Slash on rangers walks to the wrong target and attacks. Verified/duplicated it several times....nasty.
I had that bug the first time sort of last night - set up a Slash and she just ran off to some random spot without meleeing. (And blew her stealth in the process)

Vaclav

Ugh i need a mod like long war that increases battle speed by 2x at least... forgot how slow xcom is without it... Feels like I'm watching 90% cut scene and im doing stuff 10% of the time
frown.png
I thought I saw an option to remove/reduce them - Tried that?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Is there no way to inspect soldiers / enemies in this one? That's totally obnoxious, I want to inspect debuffs, innate defense chances, etc.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That wonderful feeling during a retaliation mission when you decide a civilian is an acceptable casualty, fire your heavy weapon, and it turns out he was a faceless.

and yeah I noticed the lack of inspect very early on, really annoying.

*edit*

heh, dirty trick to use against berserkers and faceless? set up a mimic beacon right behind a bladestorm ranger.

Vaclav

Is there no way to inspect soldiers / enemies in this one? That's totally obnoxious, I want to inspect debuffs, innate defense chances, etc.
Buffs/Debuffs show to me when I've got them aimed at to shoot above my weapon.

The innate stats are invisible to my knowledge but buff descriptions are there for the looking.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah there's those pull-outs to the left and right, but I can't get those to remember their pulled-out settings. Surely there's an ini change I can do to keep those out permanently, having to flip them out all the time is gay. I'd still like a full inspect function, as good as this game is (it's great), it's super frustrating when sequels backtrack on functionality.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I wouldn't sweat the Avatar timer too much. You don't lose when it is full, you get plenty of time to knock it down and the count down resets.