XCOM 2

Sulrn

Deuces
Just keep doing the story missions.

So I beat it, went to start a new game, and saw that there were no second wave options. Seriously? They decided to just say fuck it and let modders handle it?
Second Wave wasn't a part of EU release either, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember options being based off player feedback post-release. Calm your tits, broni.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They were part of the EU release, they were just turned off in the ini until one of the patches.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Last mission memory leaks have me nervous as I am playing on Ironman, will beat it tomorrow it seems getting tired and don't want to do anything stupid with only a few turns left.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Psi ops are crazy powerful, but should be used with care I noticed. I have had one on training for a while, got a speed boost as well I think because it suddenly took very little time to upgrade some abilities. Including the one where you get extra turns per squad member in proximity, but I wasn't sure how that worked.

Got a mission, set up an overwatch trap on a group of 3 and pulled with the void ae ability. Psi op then proceeded to kill all enemies activating all its abilities. They didn't even get to do their move animations for spotting me.

Not that good when wasted on trash, especially when you can't control the abilities the ops uses and causes all of them go on cooldowns, but can see it saving the day when fighting a boss or something similar.

EDIT: I alt tabbed to write that, I just noticed that none of the abilities used are on cooldown except the first one I used to pull. That seems OP. Theoretically if you put 2 psi ops together with the proximity skill with the rest of the squad, you can do 1 initial + 5 from proximity, so 12 attacks from two people? That can't be right.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'm wondering if Psi-ops are bugged. I'm almost positive you're only supposed to get half the skills, not all of them.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Hold middle mouse button down and scroll up or down. That shit pissed me off because they don't tell you that in game. I just lucked out into finding that combo.
Thank you for the advice about how to use that feature!

Unfortunatly my issue was that there was no physical way to reach the evac zone. In one of the games the evac zone started out on a parkinglot, but suddenly (for no reason) changed to a rooftop at turn 3....

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After getting a feel for the mechanics I restarted on Ironman. That seems to be the definitive way to play. No more save scumming on hacks and reloading if the rolls don't go my way. It feels much more enjoyable and, oddly enough, less frustrating.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
After getting a feel for the mechanics I restarted on Ironman. That seems to be the definitive way to play. No more save scumming on hacks and reloading if the rolls don't go my way. It feels much more enjoyable and, oddly enough, less frustrating.
Exactly what I did and I agree.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Going to start Ironman again now that I have a firm grasp of the game. So far all of the Experimental Ammos I've gottan have been really useful. Way moreso than the other Experimental shit I made. Rocket Launcher seems to be the most useful heavy weapon just because of its infinite range. Acid Glob is nice though. Bluescreen Ammo is a godsend. I dislike the Experimental Crapshoot. I got like 4 flamethrowers in a row.

But the items to rush seem to be Mimic Beacons and Battle Scanner. They just provide way too much value. A single upgraded Psi Op is so fucking valuable. Dominate is so insanely good it will need to be changed I think.

which difficulty did you choose?

Rocket Launcher seems to be the most useful heavy weapon just because of its infinite range. Acid Glob is nice though. Bluescreen Ammo is a godsend. I dislike the Experimental Crapshoot. I got like 4 flamethrowers in a row.
the shredder cannon seems to be the best heavy weapon, especially against a blob of heavily armored enemies like sectopods, mutons or andromedon suits

Tenks

which difficulty did you choose?
The default one still. I don't feel I'm proficient enough just yet to ratchet that up. But with the ability to save scum I'll never get better since I'll just keep taking 57% shots and if over 50% don't go my way I just keep reloading. I need to get better about pressuring flanks and things of that nature to make the odds always in my favor instead of relying on RNG.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you're not doing some faggoty ini changes. Mimic beacon will be the most valuable item by far to survive the early game meatgrinder. The mimics have a good amount of health and whoever mentioned it earlier that if placed correctly Aliens will waste two whole turns killing it. This is absolutely right and will make it integral.

With the way the base is now, I like that we don't have to auto plan to build SatComm relays immediately like in the first Xcom. But for Ironman on Veteran difficulty I'm going Proving Ground - GTS - Laboratory/SatComm. It will depend on if I end up heavy with engineers or scientists though for that part.

Tenks

When you guys get guerrilla ops missions which rewards do you generally lean towards? Originally I was doing either eng or sci depending on my count but I'm starting to think the supply rewards would be quite beneficial as well. The mission reward basically pays for a class of magnetic weapons for your squad.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah Shredders/Shredstorms are unreal. and no, Psi-Ops absolutely do not need to be nerfed considering how long it takes to train one, the fact that you can't use them during that long training process, and the fact that the order they get their powers is completely random so you have to train them to 100% to make sure you get the important ones.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How did you manage 5 shredder cannons? Elerium Cores do come a lot slower and I've had to ration them pretty siginificantly. I stopped making heavy weapons after I kept getting fucking flamethrowers. I have 2 EXO, 1 WAR, 1 Wraith, 1 Spider and that's been fine the whole game for me.

Also: Exo/WAr suits look so fucking stupid. I don't get why 20 years later the tech used actually went down from what it was. The Lore note even said they designed the spider based off of prototypes from the old XCOM base they found.

Do the mimics take advantage of cover as well?
they also get the benefit of any +dodge upgrades

edit: only got 2 shred cannons and equipped the grenadiers with it in exo suits, spider suit for snipers, a wraith suit for the ranger and standard suits for everyone else