XFL

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Hehateme is literally the only thing I remember from the XFL. I bet I'm not alone in this.

I remember Hehateme, I remember Tommy Maddox, I remember some hubbub about Vince wanting his cheerleaders to date the players, and I remember snickering when the XFL was in the Schwarzenegger movie The 6th Day.

That is the entirety of what I remember about the XFL.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The XFL invented skycam, maybe version 2 will put cameras in players helmets?

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Well now that the AAF has failed, we move to Vince's XFL.

Here are some of the proposed rule changes:

The XFL is running test games with community colleges in Mississippi, as well as The Spring League during its spring 2019 season, to experiment with rule changes. Among the proposed rule changes:[26]

• Fair catches will not be recognized, and the kicking team must give the returner five yards of space to recover and return the ball. (This rule is a carryover from the original XFL and is also in use in the CFL; breaching this space will result in a penalty, called no yards in the CFL.)
  • The extra point kick will be replaced with a scrimmage play, varying in point value depending on how far the touchdown-scoring team chooses to take the snap from the goal line: a two-yard attempt would score a single point, a five-yard attempt two points, and a fifteen-yard attempt three points. (This rule is also a carryover from the original XFL, which added the rule only for the playoffs. The Stars Football League also used the rule during its existence.)
  • Kickoffs will be attempted with teams separated by only five yards, with the two teams not allowed to cross the neutral zone until the returning team touches the ball.
  • All players behind the line of scrimmage will be eligible receivers, including those on the offensive line (eliminating the "illegal touching of a forward pass" penalty at other levels of the game). Offensive linemen would still be prohibited from advancing downfield before a forward pass that crosses the line of scrimmage is in the air. The XFL has also tested the idea of allowing more than one forward pass to be thrown on any given play. (McMahon had proposed a similar rule change during the run of the original XFL, but the league's coaches rejected the proposal as too radical of a change to make midseason.)[27]
  • The league is testing the wider one-yard neutral zone used by the CFL. (The NFL, college and high school standard is the length of the football, approximately 11 inches.)
  • A proposed rule would require offensive linemen (excluding the snapper) to not put their hand on the ground, outlawing the three-point stance used at all other levels of the game.
  • Outside of the two-minute drill, the clock will run continuously. (This rule has long been a part of arena football.)
  • The play clock will be substantially shorter, with a proposed length of between 25 and 30 seconds. (This rule is also a carryover from the original XFL, which used the 35-second play clock.)
  • A specialized ball judge will be added to the officiating team to speed up the placement of the ball, bringing the number of on-field officials to eight.
  • Instant replay reviews will be limited to 30 seconds.[28]

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What team we doing Chanur Chanur

Might be hard to decide with out seeing who has the best helmets. Right now I'm leaning towards Tampa Bay because its close or St Louis since the Rams fucked them. I don't have strong feelings yet so if we want to get on board the DC train or something I'm down.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Might be hard to decide with out seeing who has the best helmets. Right now I'm leaning towards Tampa Bay because its close or St Louis since the Rams fucked them. I don't have strong feelings yet so if we want to get on board the DC train or something I'm down.
Dallas is going to have the Stoopster. It is the only choice.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I am torn.. I currently live in Dallas but am moving to Seattle soon...

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Name reveals:

ECge1lkXsAEgr6x.jpg

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's interesting that the Houston team logo is reminiscent of the Oilers. Except for St. Louis every team is in a city with an NFL team or multiple ones. Seems like they would want to be in some cities where there isn't an established NFL team.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
As long as it is off season for the NFL being in established football towns is prob a good bet.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lifelong Defender fan here.

Get ready for the Big D from DC.

BECC0ACF-E9ED-4FC5-982C-6301B12A39DE.gif

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I hear Wildcats and this is all I can think of

1566494054619.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm glad DC is getting a team. Also happy they'll play at Audi Field. I look forward to getting drunk at Navy Yard and checking out a game before the whole endeavor inevitably collapses.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm glad DC is getting a team. Also happy they'll play at Audi Field. I look forward to getting drunk at Navy Yard and checking out a game before the whole endeavor inevitably collapses.

You gotta have faith

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'm surprised they didn't try to one-up the NFL team and call them the DC American Inventors.